Lost Stars - Chapter One - Welcome to the Crew

Sci-Fi Fantacy thing I made. Didn’t get to proofread, but my friend said it was cool.

A blue and orange ship dashed through an asteroid field as a swarm of drones chased after them. Red and blue blaster beams flew between the two ships as they engaged in combat. In the captain’s cockpit, Captain Jermy “Stonewall” had bags under his eyes as he dodged the rapidly approaching asteroids as the distant thumps stressed the ship’s shields. The rundown cockpit was dusty with cracked glass and dysfunctional computers. The few functional computers began beeping as another drone clamped onto the engine. “The hecks going on back there!?”

A hologram of a changeling appeared on the screen. Not currently shapeshifted into anything, the changeling had pure white skin, hair, and eyes. “Well, it appears in your supreme flying skills, you managed to dodge straight into a drone that clamped onto the engine.”

Jermy groaned, “I don’t need sarcasm right now Viz, what I need, IS FOR MY CREW TO DO THEIR JOBS!”

“Well maybe if you were actually good at piloting, we’d all be out of here by now. Drone to your left by the way”

The captain sighed as he slammed the drone away with the broadside of the ship as it was split into two pieces by an incoming asteroid. Suddenly the speed of the ship dropped as the buzzsaw from the clamped-on drone began cutting through the engine. “Engineer… person, how long until we can get outta here?”

A video of the engine room appeared on the hologram. A female elf appeared, wearing a dirty green cloak, tampering with a flashing red device, she replied with a posh accent “First of all, Captain, my name is Vaxilia, and second, we can’t go hyper-speed because the engine is being overcharged by the drone and overloading the hydr-”

“In Common?” Jeremy replied

“Our ship’s stuck here until that drones gone”

Jeremy cursed under his breath.

“While you’re here, how’s your first space fight?,” said Viz

“Well, I can’t say it’s the most astounding experience, and the ship’s certainly of an interesting quality.”

“Hey! They don’t make ships like this anymore”

A pipe burst a hole next to Vaxilia, spewing steam into the room, “No wonder” She replied before tossing an ice spell at the pipe, covering it up.

Another hologram appeared on the captain’s screen, showing a large humanoid wearing Heavy battle armor, “Commander, The Engine’s overchar-”

“Overcharged and overloading the hydro thing, Yeah, I get it, but can you get the cursed hunk of scrap off Delta?”

“If I fire, it might destroy the engine permanently if it hits a gas store”

Suddenly the ship rocked as a barrage of energy beams strained the ship’s armour

“We’re all going to die” Jeremy muttered under his breath

“Well maybe if you hadn’t decided blow open Captain Emelina De ****ing Velinias’s private drug store and set off every alarm within five jumps of here, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” Viz replied

“I wanted to prove a point to that bastard”

“The only point your proving is that you’re an absolute idiot”

“I can see that this was a splendid career choice already,” muttered Vaxilia

A communication alert appeared on the screen, coming from the enemy command ship.

“Wouldn’t you know it, the bastard’s here to show us off”

As he pressed the button, a hologram appeared of a half-demon woman with red skin and horns, wearing rusted armor. “I suppose you’re here to taunt us now?” Jeremy said as he glared into the tiefling’s yellowish eyes. “Jeremy, my dear friend, I didn’t think I’d see you again. I thought that dragon attack left you dead”

“I would say I’m surprised you two know each other, but considering your supreme ability to get in fights, I can’t say I am,” Viz said, having transformed into a human

“Either way, Jermey, just hand over the spice, and I’ll consider it a resolved matter”

“Listen here you bastard, first it’s Captain Stonewall to you, and I would rath-”

“Yeah sure I’ll send it right out” Viz replied, cutting off Jermey

“Finally, someone sensible, I trust you’ll be ejecting it out?”

“We will not be eje-” Jermey began before Viz muted him

“Yep, in just a second, We’ll be seeing you off soon” he replied before ending the call

“The HELL was that!?” The captain immediately shouted

“Relax, I’ve got a plan” Viz replied

“Whatever your plan is, it’s got to be better than whatever the bloody hell we’re doing now”

“Speaking of the plan, where do you keep your explosives?”

Jeremy facepalmed, “I think it might be safer if you don’t know”

“There’re in the armory, three rooms down from the communication office”

“Alright so here’s the plan, I grab the explosives, put them into the spice, and eject out- How many spice barrels do we have again?”

“Three, and I’d prefer they remain all inta-”

“And then we eject two barrels”

“Do no-”

“And then wait for the drones to clamp on, blast em to bits, and hyperspace the heck outta here. Any questions?”

“Quite a few, Like the fact that we’re going to blow up 10,000 credits worth of spice”

“I think tossing a couple of barrels of spice out the bin is worth us making it out alive, after all, we’ll still have 6,000 credits worth. Besides, it’s not your choice, after all, the hyperspace controls are down here”

“As the captain of this ship, I command you not to, Hey!” the captain spoke before noticing that Viz had already left.

“Cursed changeling bastard!”

“Well that’s rude” Viz replied through the radio communicator, “Anyways, bombs are set, ejecting soon or something”

“Ready to jump”

Two steel barrels were ejected from the ship, the drones detached from the ship, clamping onto the barrels before scanning them.

Another communication came from the enemy ship, “I knew you were a sensible few, however, it appears that you’re missing a barrel. Care to send it out?”

“Ah, funny thing, I don’t think we will” Viz said sarcastically before triggering the explosives

Suddenly the barrels burst as flames filled the air, blasting the drones into bits.

“DAMMIT, You’re going to regret this!” Captain Emelia yelled, “Blast them to hell!”

“Are we jumping or what!?” Jeremy shouted as the enemy ships released missiles. “The Hyperdrive’s depressurized, it’s not generating enough power!” Vaxlilia shouted

“You’re a wizard, right? Blast it with lightning, before we’re reduced to god damn dust!” Jeremy shouted as the steel missiles began to approach. Vaxilia began blasting a stream of lightning into the engine before the entire ship suddenly rocked wildly as three missiles exploded across the hull. “Faster!” Jeremy shouted before another set of explosions burst open one of the airlocks.” I miss my old crew” mumbled Jeremey.

“We need 17 more terajoules of energy before we can hyperspace. Magic users can’t generate that much through lightning ” Delta replied “We need something else”, before blasting a missile out of the air, causing a chain reaction of explosions as the bolt hit it.

“Grab energy from any random thing! The ship’s got a thousand parts, surely we don’t need all of 'em!” Jeremy shouted

“That doesn’t sound like the greatest idea… I haven’t done got much practice in spells like that.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, would you rather just have him blow us to pieces, you useless scroll stuffer!”

Several energy blasts then blasted through the hull of the ship, as bits of shrapnel began jetting off. Alarms began flashing across the ship

Vaxilia started panicking, before choosing a random metallic device and beginning a draining spell on it. Electricity began to flow from the device to Vaxlia as she began drawing energy. Suddenly the device started smoking before shutting down, “I believe something might’ve broken…”

“Just shove the energy into the drive before we’re all blown to bits.”

“Hey, I don’t mean to alarm you guys, but I believe that the air filter system may or may not have ceased function.” Viz interrupted

“I feel like that might be something I’d notic-”

The air began to feel as if it was filled with rubber, as Jermey began gasping for air.

“Whatever you broke-. Put it back in.” He struggled out

“Shove it in the hyperdrive, someone’s sure to take us in tow,” Viz said

“There a couple too many options here…” Vaxlia said quivering as the air began to drain

“Just choos-” Jeremey said before collapsing in his chair.

As her vision began to blur, Vaxlia franticly tossed the energy into the hyperdrive, as the ship disappeared in a blue flash, disappearing into hyperspace. As they charged through hyperspace, the PA system turned on

“Filter leak detected, deploying emergency oxygen supply.”

“Bit late you useless hunk of electric scrap,” Jeremy said as he got back into his chair

“At least it came eventually” Viz replied

The ship began to exit hyperspace as oxygen was sprayed across the ship.

“One repair stop detected inside this system,” the system said monotonously

The ship began to home in on a habitat’s shipyard, landing safely inside.

“We might as well get out of here before the emergency supply runs out.” Vaxilia said as the ship landed.

Jermery began to mumble as he got out of his chair “This was a fooking disaster”

2 Likes

@Derp you can stop pinging me now

Also quick question for peoples

Which would you rather me focus on?
  • Lost Stars
  • Arcane Academy

0 voters

In case you dont know, arcane academy is this

I’ll try to release next one next week, but not guarantees

Ok you did it :+1:

Ran my program through with a critque software and aparently I wrote something lustful…?

sorry for asking, but do you have a link to this website or application download (unsure of what it is)

It’s Autocrit

1 Like