Magic Drop

This suggestion is slightly added on to this as well.

Another additional customization option to magic high jumps. You would be able to send a burst of magic upwards propelling you down. This would be pretty interesting to mix-up combat as you can land downwards much faster. If used on the ground, nothing will happen.

• There will also be some slight start-up still to prevent it being abusable, and minimal endlag once you land. May be changed in the future as either without this it can be an amazing spell, and with it can be underpowered.
  • It won’t be too abusable as there will definitely be ways to counter it such as pillars and just hitting the ground.
  • Potentially some angling can happen too similar to the angled high jumps, but would just be on default.
  • Your momentum will be kept throughout the drop, so if you keep falling after the drop you’ll keep falling faster.

Picture represents all types of directions you’ll be able to go. You can go upward like a standard high jump currently, angled which lets you go at an angle either forward, backwards, or sideways depending on wasd, magic dodge which propels you side ways, and drop which propels you down.

I don’t think drop would be very useful with our limited spell slots, unless it’s faster than the other modes.

I was thinking about the same speed as others, but if it seems underpowered then it can be adjusted to be faster.

I like first idea, I dont think the second 1 is needed.

So why not add drops? They can be pretty versatile as a landing option instead of always staying in the air.

Just straight up falling would be faster in most endgame scenarios.(Judging by endgame AA not counting the infinite amount of ways to airstall)

Endgame AA never had anyway to fall faster and there were many ways to airstall. They’re really pushing to make sure air stalling isn’t as prevalent in wom/ao and it’ll be much harder to.

ik, i’m saying just the default falling would be faster than however much a magic jump propels you downwards unless it doesn’t make you lose momentum.

oh yeah i should probably add that last part to the suggestion too. should definitely keep the momentum onwards

doesnt seem useful outside of combat though

unless for some reason you want to reach the bottom of the sea really fast

the point of it is combat

I think I would rather fall down instead of using mana

Think of it as moving down way faster making it harder to get hit.

It seems kind of useless, sorry

i mean i get that it’d be useful for combat(?)

but if it’s a movement spell it should be viable outside of combat
like the normal high jump helps you get to places more quickly or places you normally can’t with a normal T jump or climbing

not all movement options have to work out of combat???

I mean… It can be used to get to the bottom of the ocean fast. But that’s kind of the only reason to add this.

Good way to dodge in combat, potential mix-ups after a high jump, and land faster to dodge or jump again. The point is its FOR combat.

Add a version that does damage and that’ll be very funny

I kinda get the dodging one. Seems like a quick cancel to your high jump. Basically a faster magic jump then shield. Um… lots of people are training in pvp to predict people landing to the point where that’s kind of a negative.

I thought about ground pounding… Then that -8 video came in my mind.

There should be ways to make your movement unpredictable and this is one of them. Having your fall speed be varied can make it way less predictable on how you fall.