Make a boss with any custom thing you want

Obviously I’m here so let’s have some fun. Create a boss with a custom magic, curse, weapon, or fighting style. If you don’t want to use anything custom, go ahead. If you want to make a joke boss, go ahead.

This should be entertaining

1 Like

no.

5 Likes

Basing this one off of a character I’m making to effectively be a boss-like enemy in @Robotstics RP server based around AO, so uh…

I wish to present Sermus, the Warmonger Tyrant a deadly part-vastus that wanders the War Seas to attempt and spread some doctrine of law of his, whilst taking over islands in his wake.
He utilizes a unique fighting style based off of Radius Fist he has dubbed Emperor’s Fist. This fighting style allows the user to consistently create “bullets” and short shockwaves in front of themself that have a red, black, and slightly pink color to them, but it doesn’t have the 360 degree hit radius that Radius Fist has. The lore behind it is that, whilst studying the art of Radius Fist, he literally just said “But what if I focus on channeling the will of domination?” and eventually he got here. The fighting style also inflicts a status effect that reduces all damage you deal by 15%.
And, he is a Warlord build type. So he has weapons. They consist of a massive fucking hammer, one giant-ass swordstaff, and I don’t have any other ideas, besides maybe an absurdly large cannon he uses like a blunderbuss.

So yeah, there’s that. If you couldn’t already tell he’s practically a raidboss bro.

1 Like

a

a cannon

as a blunderbuss

:stare:

Sermus sounds kinda dangerous.

shooting like 10+ large cannonballs out of one custom-made giant-ass cannon seems very part-vastus of AO to me

@Crafty_Content OH YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

So basically, make a really hard boss that teeters between extremely hard and downright bullshit in difficulty. This will make it so that only sweaty tryhards can have a chance at winning. Furthermore, make all of it’s attacks cause massive clouds of dust that obscure the player’s vision, making it hard to fight them properly. Then, disable the player’s health regeneration, cuz its funny.

And after all of that, the cherry on top of the proverbial cake: Make it the first boss in the game.

Boom, the Arcane universe bosses in a nutshell.

2 Likes

Heres an idea

Apparition
A magic archer with shadow magic and a bow called “Specter”, which glowed blue and purple and was capable of firing multiple arrows at once.

The specter bow idea came from an AA trello of vetex, at least I think is vetex’s. The trello has a legendary weapons idea thing. The trello is here: Trello

an earth elemental boss
it’s aa and everything’s big so make it a big enemy
have it happen on a big mountain top that’s been flattened because this elemental is big and angry
make it smash things and throw around giant boulders you can dodge
give it a generous chunk of hp but weakspots like joints that are exposed often that you can exploit and hit to deal big damage

have it drop weapons that have cool aoe abilities and/or armor with high survivability

10 Likes

That would be cool as hell

Dante, the inferno

A tyrant dictator who holds the inferno curse. I went over him in my random boss idea topic at here: Random Boss Ideas I had

Ultimate attack: The Final Layer of Hell.

He grabs you… and then he throws you straight into the sun.
You’re not coming back from that

The ultimate attack I gave him was basically faster and better fire ult from AA, but no circle

Crimson writing a dictionary or smth

I Will use this in a suggestion when suggestions come back:

Medusa the Rage Serpent

Summary: Medusa is a boss that as you probably can guess, petrified you via looking at you, however, she also can inflict damage and status effects on you, She also can place down snake sentries to attack her making the fight much more complicated, based of off the greek mythology she has snakes that are made up of mana on her head, She has obtained a curse known as the Embodiment Curse that allows her to create creatures out of mana and also alter her own body, causing her to have one arm as a snake tail. other than having snake hair, slightly green-tinted skin, and a snake tail arm, she is human though

The Battle

Medusa Has the Embodiment Curse which allows her to make creatures out of mana and also manipulate her own body. You can see this in her attacks. Her attacks include

• Arcane Eyes: I have this on a previous thread for ideas but I am too lazy to find it, but she can either petrify you or inflict a random status effect that lasts for 2.4 seconds on you, Taking a hit from any Arcane eye attack from Medusa will also always deal 45 damage

• Fang Rush: Medusa turns One of her arms into a snake fang and Dashes at the player with high speeds, Getting hit from this deals 250 - 320 Damage and also inflicts The poison Status effect on the player for 5 seconds, the only warning for this is that a small hissing sound is played and a 1-second animation is played where she turns her hand into a fang.

• Snake Whip: Medusa elongates her snake Arm and thrusts it forward, Getting hit by this does 195 damage, inflicts bleeding, and has a heavy knockback, The indicator for this attack is her lifting her hand up

• Snake Rise: Medusa uses the embodiment curse to send her snakes to the ground, they become MUCH LARGER and also rise to the ground to attack the player, Getting hit by this deals 300 - 330 Damage and also inflicts a 3-second poison status

• Snake Sentries: Every 1/7th of her HP that she loses, A snake Sentry appears, on top of her attacks, you have to dodge the snake attacks, which include
    -4 blasts
    -7 blasts
    -10 Laser Beams
    -1 LARGE laser beam
    -1 LARGE blast
    -20 Small blasts
    Up to 6 can technically spawn, however, the snakes are very weak at their damage topping out at about 50 even for the single large blast

After Medusa Has lost 2/3rds of her HP she goes into a rage mode where she and her snake’s attacks do
+20% more damage
Her attack intervals are reduced from 4 to 2.9 seconds
She gains +7 Walk speed
+all her attacks inflict Bleeding on top of poison

After 4/5ths of her health has been taken she goes into Serpent mode Turning her completely into a snake and she only does one attack

• Soul Screech: Medusa in her snake form makes a desperate scream to try and kill anything left. Deals 500 Damage always, Applies Acid, Poison, Bleeding, Burning, and shadows status effect, These last for 3 seconds
    And her attack interval changes to only 1 second, However instead of targeting a player she shoots in a random direction, Before she shoots, this is marked by a Green indicator that lasts .7 seconds,
Lore

Medusa was once a kind girl and the daughter of a powerful man who owned tons of land, She had many friends and also was known for taming even the most hostile of snakes. She was also a prodigy for her extreme sense of knowledge in magic and her large mana capacity. She primarily used poison magic but she could also use a bit of Acid magic, she lost this Acid magic in the later stages of her life though. When She was only 7 she managed to defeat a very powerful Magic user that was known for destroying an entire city. When she was only 13 she Was known for being able to talk to reptiles, mostly snakes.
Her easy life came to a turn one day though at age 26. One day she “messed around” with an unnamed man that pretty much seduced her, however then the man was actually having an affair and his wife was not pleased, instead of the woman taking her rage out on her husband, she took it out on Medusa. This unnamed woman was actually a VERY powerful curse user with a curse that alters the mana of others. Using this and her flame magic, she made Medusa very ugly and messed up her face completely. When Medusa tried to return to her town to get help, everyone saw her as a monster and wasn’t aware it was medusa. They called her a Monster, fraud, serpent, and threw rocks at her, and yelled at her to get out. When she has finally driven out again, the unnamed woman ambushed her and proceeded to burn her, knock her out, and throw her body into the ocean.
While Medusa was sinking A curse took over her body, The Embodiment curse. This amplified Medusa’s rage and caused her to be saved from the brink of death, Swearing to get revenge on the woman She became rotten and evil. She one day found the woman’s husband and murdered him by petrifying him via the embodiment Curse that she has obtained to alter her eyes into stealing other people’s lifeforce. From there on she has vowed to torture and hunt the woman for the rest of her life. Today she can be found in a cave with false goods, alluring in people to steal their mana and life force.

Rewards & Stats

Medusa the Rage Serpent
Level 200
14,000 HP (Increases by 3,000 for every other person fighting her.)
Defense: 55
Text:
If Hero
"Ah, another one falls into my lair, Who shall I feast on today? *engages fight
“Hero, you have made a mistake entering this place, oh well it is too late. I will be the last thing you will see if that makes you feel better” engages fight
“Thank you god for another meal!” engages fight
If Villian
NOTE: MEDUSA WILL STILL ATTACK YOU INSTANTLY IF YOU ARE A VILLIAN, SHE WILL STILL HAVE DIFFERENT LINES
“A villain approaches, Why are you a villain, for vengeance, for pleasure, Or for something else, Whatever it is, It can’t compare to my motives. Prepare to die” engages fight
“kekekekekeke another meal!” engages fight

Medusa Spawns with a 1/4 chance every 2.5 hours, When she spawns she will create a fake one of those mountain cave thingies like in castilian shore. Her cave is full of treasure but each treasure Chest either has 1 crown or a snake that deals 25 damage and poison damage to the person
Drops:
Arcane Eyes - Unlocks another spell type, I made this in an idea thread but I’m too lazy to find it again, Functions kind of like Medusa’s arcane eye spell 25% chance
The Fang - A level 200 Weapon, Starts at 400 Damage, At level 250 unlocks The lunge ability when the user locks onto another Player/ NPC and dashes towards them. 20% chance
Snake Hair - A hat that when used, Gives you animated snake hair. If someone that is opposite of your Rep and is not part of your guild/ group has a 1/30 chance to have a snake lunge out and bite them, dealing 60 damage and poisoning them, it has a 1-4 stud distance. Provides 40 Magic Power and 300 Defense/ Health. 2% chance, 15% if you no hit medusa.

Some kid is probably going to point out that this idea sucks but I had fun writing it so
:upside_down_face:

Welcome to when I post about ideas

Also if you wanted to know something, on the trello I linked for the apparition idea I did there was a staff idea called “Medusa” which said it would be able to manipulate snakes and stone

That sounds intresting, Would You mind if i add that to the rewards?

Sure, the trello isn’t even mine anyway

The trello has a lotta cool shit though