Massive L

It would be nice if he made it where you can turn that feature on or off in order to satisfy both sides

he did, the issue is that there’s no point to turning it off

i honestly think the main/ second push back that occurred cause it was seemingly just forced upon u like in wom now with a set precedence. with the experience of redundant features in ui that u see in rpgs sometimes which triggered a visceral reaction understandably, but not justifiably. heat in the moment stuff

i concur this is a really good compromise to those not wanting a yellow dot tracking them constantly on a map giving a feeling of lack of challenge and redundancy on ui features while still being useful incase u manage to get lost and use the compass to adjust urself according.

the topic overall tho i personally agree that it’s mildly wack cause it directly and or indirectly lessens the importance of the compass a bit. but i’m mostly indifferent cause it does mean i can learn the map slightly faster and get a placement of things. (we’re only on day 4 afterall and mostly in one general area)

we seriously do gotta consider/suggest that grid proposal tho since thats how i thought it worked originally be able to track urself at sea but not on islands as per usual to promote exploring and familiarizing

Oh nvm

that grid idea is fr the best option, I really like it as well

Man, why is sailing so braindead. Vetex needs to add a feature where you need to manually adjust the sails in order to achieve maximum speed

itd be cool but a pain in the ass during combat to slowly raise/lower your sails

ship combat is already slow

I was being sarcastic. Not everything in a game has to be complex and engaging. The people who are saying placeable markers would make navigation braindead are ignoring everything else in the game that’s braindead, like walking. Why is it so easy for me to walk that I don’t even think about it?

because dipshit, you’re just acting like said cartography failing underaged users

oh you changed the comment a lot since i liked it

navigating using the compass is fun and gives the exploring/pirate vibe off very well, personally i dont mind it as id already been able to navigate to most islands by heart by the time the marker was added but i think it hurts the early game experience where youre level 20-40 and exploring islands for chests and treasure charts

For the record, I know how the compass works. I only had trouble with finding redwake cause it’s such a small island and I had to adjust my course to compensate every time I went around an obstacle. Just cause I’m acting like people who don’t understand it doesn’t mean anything

I like placeable markers better than showing your position on the map because it’s more convenient not to have to open the map to know your distance from any island. It also creates a better and more communicable sense of distance than the map does. For example, if I say I’m 3000 distance units from an island according to the marker, that’s both easier to understand and more accurate than saying 2 ravenna lengths or something like that (meaning you could fit 2 ravennas between yourself and the island, judging roughly based on the map)

I think it doesn’t make sense why placeable markers are getting so much hate, even from some of the people who agree with showing your position on the map

we know something he don’t
(our location)

also why is this really an issue. if you like getting lost and having to pore over a png of a map, then just… don’t use the map marker? disable markers period and boom! you can be ultra immersed without quest markers either!

sounds like a case of “other people are enjoying something in a way that literally does not affect whatsoever but i don’t like it so lets change it”

i know its a joke idea but i liked it in sea of thieves so…

Rare Cryonical L
Simply do not use the marker

“Hey i dont want this optional feature added because i find compass navigation more fun”

“What? Why don’t I just not use it then? Well why would i inconvenience myself???”
Your argument bad

Why are you seemingly always fucking angry. I won’t sugarcoat this shit:

NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU!!!

I know by making this argument I am doing somewhat the same thing, but god damn it, not everyone is a gigachad who has x-ray vision in fog and night, not everyone has the same fucking opinion. Dont like it, turn it off.

“Oh but it’s already there so why shouldn’t I use it?”

If you’re gonna end up using it, why complain. It helps the players who aren’t as great, and it benefits those who know the system too.

I don’t care how people respond to my message, be mad at me if you please, but please learn that some people have different opinions, different needs, and different wants

2 Likes

Getting mad is his personality

momnt

1 Like