Massive L

Would be cool if they could have a real, healthy personality ngl

I would like to highlight this reply

Realism is not always good for the health of a game, when you join to play a high seas mmorpg you expect the ship combat, fighting pirates, plundering villages. Players join expecting that sort of gameplay.

If the setting was realistic you would have to deal with preventing plagues, feeding your crew, navigation, preventing mutinies. When creating a game developers gloss over this kind of material in favor of the player experience. While unrealistic to exclude features like this as it overall produces a positive effect on the player experience.

While adding the player marker is unrealistic and reduces the challenge the change allows players to get to parts of the game they actually want to play instead of being lost at sea.

1 Like

???

This doesn’t make any sense.
You don’t know ALL of your surroundings, it only highlights your current characters area. If your on Cerummno, you’ll know WHERE in Cerummno. I don’t get the problem, either. Exploration is destroyed? Wydm?

Players can still explore. Just because theres a player marker so you aren’t like “Okay, now where am I on this map?”, and you can just get straight to the point doesn’t mean the exploration is “destroyed”.

I too, only used the map for navigation. Compass an L

You shouldn’t know where you are in sea and you shouldn’t know where you are swimming to, cuz if you know and can see it with map, then compass is just pile of shit on your screen.

You are arguing with me only cause you don’t know how to use compass… lol.

Compass is still very useful, please don’t continue more argument please, let people use the marker or not use it in peace

Why shouldn’t I know where I am at sea in a sea based video game? Why should I spend 15 minutes trying to find an island when I could simply use my player marker and find the trajectory of where I am to said island?

Since this is not exploration… its doesn’t feels like exploration, 90% of your gameplay just a map.

You could turn it off if that makes you feel better

You do know you can have your map out while sailing right, I just sail with my map open

Do you think I want to explore or actually play the game?

Who joins a game to explore when exploration doesn’t give any benefits early game? Yes, in late game it’s fun to explore but WHY DON’T YOU WANT A PLAYER MARKER?
You’re saying you wanna get lost? :skull:

In early game, who the hell actually actively wants to explore instead of level up and do quests?

You will turn off all markers (shops too) which causes issues with navigating someitmes too.

Sounds like a W for you, since you get to “fully explore” the game.

True

Then why you arguing saying thats its not breaks exploration and then you tell thats you dont care about exploration?

Ngl getting lost was part of the fun

lol… yeah, imagine getting in the dark sea at 3 AM… really nightmare. But fun.

wtf did you just say
No, seriously I’m having trouble understanding, so I’ll just guess and assume what you said.

I never said I wanted exploration, and I never said Player Marker “breaks exploration”, you did. I’d say player marker assists exploration, since you can explore the area around you and return to an island of your choosing with no troubles.