Meta is good and you have a skill issue

Except the flying and shit, I am aware and that sucks
I swear the forum is populated by people who either enjoy pvp or outright ignore it outside of munera. This isn’t a rant on renown and deckhands but vetex fucked up big time when he made deckhands correlate with renown and renown correlate with pvp.
Let’s take a trip back to 1.12. (Time Machine noises)

Slow magic mages were dominant, let’s be honest, because someone on the balance team coughs mimhere but was that a bad thing? Hear me out, having to adapt and evolve to a meta with massive attacks that melt your hp isn’t as bad as I remember it being, I just had to especially wary of mage players because god forbid they use metal or magma. This actually trained me to parry because metal pulsar was really slow ngl.
^ AOE META

Moving forward, we have the crystaleg warlock era, massive AOE, big damage, slow attacks, still easy as shit to parry if you didn’t freak out at the fact that they were using crystal and iron leg (g before u take damage loser)

And now we have the present meta, the attack speed/ air stall/ mosquito / anti gravity meta. What have we learned? Parry attacks and you’ll be fine. Doing PvP at all since the game has released will tell you all you need to know to BE good. If you decided to run some off-meta build like a fire water boxing savant, I can’t feel bad for you at all. You will be at a disadvantage because ur build is mid, that DOESN’T mean people that use meta builds are brain dead and can’t aim for shit, air stall requires quite a lot of aiming, contrary to what you might think.
A good analogy is a ladder trying to reach a cookie jar, lets say the meta build is the 3 foot ladder and the mid savant is the 2.5 foot ladder, at the SAME skill level, meta will always win because it is at an advantage, but if you’re using off meta and are also shit at AO PvP (yes you) you won’t do as well (shocker) using a meta build doesn’t guarantee winning, but is better odds. That’s why the top players will use the meta and you will continue coping with your sailor fist poison warlock until you get good. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Tldr: YOU are reading allat, go back to the top

2 Likes

completely dogshit take but what if we like just removed PvP from AO entirely and wanted boards were just NPCs :smirk:

1 Like

unpopular opinion: i actually like the airstall meta

Im gonna nuke you when only hover gets added back

Ye idc for any meta besides flying I don’t think even class meta will be an issue after this update flying is the only big issue, other wise I think the game is pretty balanced

Removing pvp is the worst take ever sepperating the 2 is the only option or pve players just have to go be casuals on diff game and ao just won’t be for the weak

1 Like

Meta this.
Meta that.

Have you ever meta fucking bitch before stfu god damn.
Nobody cares about meta builds except for people trying to get into leaderboard by using the easiest builds to use (Warlord, Mage, Warrior, etc)

Also I hate to inform you but by the time we hit level 250 and higher. Builds ain’t gonna mean shit

And I dont mean that in a sense that it will be a braindead spamfest, I mean that by the time we hit level 250, Everyones gonna be doing the same relative ass sum of damage.

You dont NEED to use the meta, NOBODY needs to use the meta. That “meta” you like to dickride so much will eventually be changed again, and again, and again.

Just play the fucking game and pick your fucking class.

5 Likes

What if instead of doing that we made it so whenever you’re in the AS and you hunt a good rep player, you teleport to the island they’re on and get a temporary esp of their exact location until you find them.

Better yet, you should also ALWAYS spawn in a hidden location so that the good rep player cant detect you.

Pox had enought…

The next lame ass motherfucker I hear open their lint filled lardfaces about meta is the day I start throwing bricks

Ok Pox calm down. Idk if explosion magma mage is meta but I only have 1 file so chill

oh trust me, this is me being calm

I had to take a few extra minutes in that last post just to proofread everything and make sure no words are “crossing the line”

1 Like

This thread is alot different when you think of the mod Meta instead of the term

I usually try and refer to him as Metapoly since that’s the full user afaik

Please go back to drawing masterpieces. I dont want forum to be filled only with off topic things and game discussions

Yeah im getting on that, I have a warlord file just WAITING to be drawn.

But not all of the placements are in yet.

She still has to max iron leg and (most importantly) awaken

Once she’s maxed and dripped out you’ll see the post.

Oh and there’s also the one with morden becoming a psychopath as he makes a slightly wrong turn in the dark seas

2 Likes

Yeah it’s Metapoly but he was called Meta so much he just shortened the forum name down to it.

Anyways based on this thread I can’t believe you hate him so much, I will be dialing the cyberbully hunters now :pensive:

Morden turns in left a bit too much and ends up with permament insanity 4

hover is betting added back???

No idea I just randomly said something to comment your post