Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

damn beat me to it by like 5 seconds

“I do, and feel free to quote this, not give a fuck about pvp”

i’m a huge pvp focused player and i agree with a lot of the stuff vetex is saying

while i probably won’t play the game if pvp was outright removed, the pvp community is a steaming pile of shit left under the sun for a week

i’m fairly neutral towards balance team and vetex but seeing some people (you know who you are) constantly spew shit at them is disheartening to see

I understand why the man hates balancing PvP and debugging his game. There are so many more entertaining things he finds himself doing in game, like making lore for the game and expanding the story while adding more content simultaneously. While some of these updates haven’t been the greatest, sure, there have been some really enjoyable ones in the past like Dark sea part 1.

Also he said pvp was only in the game because otherwise a game like this would be a rotting corpse, I love that

Is it fair to say PvP is most of the game’s replayability right now? I don’t have AO-playing friends to PvP with anymore so after finishing each update’s content I’ve just been leaving to play other games or focus on writing my stories.

Still, setting aside PvP might actually make the game more replayable, ironically, since Vetex will have more time to add other features. I’m sure island building will keep me playing longer, that’s gonna be tons of fun.

Personally I think the PvP of this game is doomed but the game itself is absolutely NOT. I have no hope of the game ever being balanced, because there are already over 60 attacks, and that number is planned to be multiplied by several times. All of these attacks can be used with various different weapons, magics, and fighting styles, all with their own stats, not to mention imbues and armor stats. With this much customization, it’s impossible to catch every single meta. There’s simply too much to balance.

But really, I don’t care. Even though all of that customization is terrible for PvP, it’s AMAZING for PvE, all of the cool and unique stuff you can do, the individuality, it’s just so fun. PvP, doomed as it is, is not everything. The game will have more replayability added, like clan building coming literally next update. The story will continue to be expanded, and there will be more islands added that I know I’m gonna love exploring. That’s what keeps me coming back to the game.

Part of why there’s so much toxicity in the PvP community is because people expect the game to be balanced when it can’t be. They treat it like a PvP game when it isn’t. They’re asking the balance team to solve a nigh-impossible issue, for free might I add. It’s just unreasonable, and the people who think like this aren’t even the game’s target audience. Not that they should stop playing of course, I just think they should adjust their expectations.

6 Likes

des sounds like a bigger smash but the name sounds like a dash/mirroed river with large aoe tbh

Yeah the name doesn’t fit the description imo, but I’ll wait and see what it actually looks like.

A shot in the dark maybe, but I think Blitz is the Beast Instinct-like attack Argos used in his boss fight.

My guess is something akin to beast instinct

Now THAT would make the name make sense.

Maybe he just used the Devourer as a way to enhance the lethality of his Blitz?

@Rayman_Axel omg ur a tester now

deserved honestly

gotta wait for my tester permissions…

i am now green :green_apple:

1 Like

The direction, the distance… It was all a lie, a gigantic hoax

Oh by tomorrow we’ll probably be moving over to a new discussion topic. I might set up a wiki-topic to archive these in for later use.
I did it

Can someone add the Nimbus discussion notes and any other discussion topics into there

wait so you randomly encounter the epicenter or you have to go to a certain place? i always thought you had to go to high insanity

it’s somewhere in insanity 4 range
but it’s always in the same location in a specific server

If I remember right, it can only spawn in one of the four cardinal directions from the Sea that you start in. Each server will spawn it once in one of those four directions and then it’ll stay there for as long as that server is up.

So really, just sail in a straight line far enough out into I4 to the North, East, West and South in a server and eventually you’ll reach it.

i think it can also spawn in the intermediate directions