Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I CAN FINALLY REST EASY AND NOT GET GANKED BY A POSITVE RENOWN!!

I hope Vetex adds a “tutorial quest” that leads you to Rill Hendrix’s quest, as theres kinda no leads to that place, unlike other side quests that were intentionally designed to lead to new islands (Frostmill’s Cargo Quest, Banana quest…)

Plus, Dodge Reflexes are very important too later on.

1 Like

absolutely, It’s muscle memory for me now to go to whitesummit at max level, but it would be nice for something like that to be implemented

There defiantly should be some indicator for reflexes and all the other nonsense he will eventually teach

lmao i remember seeing in the game’s subreddit one guy trying to trade 7 lvl 110 calvus chestsplates for a singular lvl 120 because he didn’t know that blacksmiths were a thing, maybe vetex should add a tutorial quest for shopkeepers

3 Likes

Tbh, i find Vetex’s design for side quests to be very clever. The seemingly useless fetch quests that forces you to go to another island were designed to lead you to new islands, and being on said island are also meant to lead you to find more islands near the vicinity. Sometimes, even forcing you to go back to see what you misse don your first time.

The Coconut quest leads you to go back to Dawn Island, and you’re supposed to recognise the two islands behind Dawn Island, making you discover Edward’s quest and have him as your first Quartermaster. Things like that.

Whitesummit is sadly an exception where nothing basically leads you to that place. It might also be because its added much later unlike the side questst, which were likely planned out with a clear “pathway” in mind for the players.

2 Likes

When the only indicator for a side quest that unlocks a very important skill for combat is a small pop-up at level 120, I can see quite a number of people completely missing it.

1 Like

its so over… billions must cook

You already had to cook during the Redwake portion of the story

whitesummit actually i feel like actively discourages positive reputation players from going there, since it’s owned by the assassin syndicate, which means people could just entirely miss reflexes

6 Likes

The only reasons you go to whitesummit is to clear your notoriety, something that most players don’t have to deal with since the story gives you constant positive rep

wtf imma have to buy my first sailboat since like 3 years
unless i never make another file again
WAIT NO

yknow, I wish that islands didn’t show up on maps until you’ve been there, like it’s just empty sea until you’ve gotten there

the fog REALLY does nothing

1 Like

Do we like highjack someone’s boat? Are we gonna do this with future ships and turn that poor soul into the Cabbage Merchant from Avatar?

sn*w

@sock @Devisk After them. /j

Cryo did a thing

The fog is meant to show you that islands are there waiting for you to discover them, not block your vision completely

The new quets system change poll.
  • I like that they removed level lock and repeatable quests.
  • I like that they removed level lock but i want repeatable quests to stay.
  • I prefer playing with level lock and repetable quests.
  • I prefer playing with level lock but without repeatable quests
0 voters

I think something went wrong with those changes