Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Sebastian cooked!!! Anyway cant wait to spam chineese cannons even more

Doesn’t solve my issues with it though, locking certain sets of stats behind having a certain type of magic

Honestly it’s not like it’s gonna completely make using a certain substat any less obtainable than it is right now, just means some builds that are already fast or large will be able to compound on those base stats more

Anyway I wonder if it randomly chooses from your magics or if it like will only convert to your first to simplify it

ANYanyway

Anyways, we got ourselves the first two confirmed strength accessory

hell yeah, vetex listened

1 Like

Here’s my question, will testers still be able to keep cataclysm items in their inventory(and not equip them) or will they have to watch as there power 80 orb of death gets deleted out of existence?

“Increased all cannon ranges by 40%”

OH THANK GOODNESS.

Am I the only one who was a bit annoyed with the range? In a lot of cases, you had to be really close to the ship, and gravity effect on the range was kinda annoying. I think he did that so that you wont snipe ships without aggroing, but it forced me to resort to ramming a lot to end things quicker.

It is funny because long range is more desired on naval combat irl.

I barely use cannons now that theres siege weapons, but I at least need my Dragonfire Carronades to shine at some point

5 Likes

tbh, I don’t really mind the current cannon range
it’s usually more than enough range to deal with nearly all npc boats unless they have an absurdly bad turning radius.

but I do think cannons deserve a buff since most people just use rams, since they are a lot easier to hit most of the time

1 Like

Alright, now the only thing left to do is to make them not change when equipped as vanity

3 Likes

My ship weaponry setup has always been enhanced iron culverins + enhanced howitzers, I guess now the range of last one will be beyond my own vision range, if mortars even affected by the change ofc

I don’t get what you’re trying to say, if it’s the arcanium is older than 1 year, he meant that we had it IN GAME for one year now, it was never said anywhere that arcanium items would automatically convert

My main problem is that in-game arcanium ALWAYS was ‘updated’ only upon item update such as enchnating or upgrade.
But now, out of the blue, without anyone supporting this (there’s only 2 groups rn, netural people, and negative people) vetex adds this. It just kinda makes vanity and shipbuilding less fun man.

I have a white-black colorscheme, so shadow ram and cannons are good look for me, plus goodie stats.

2 Likes

Update (just saw the patchnotess)
its better now, at least collectioners are fine, but damn :sob: still
Being able to change arcanium-magic through ‘updating’ with enchanting is still better, noone can convince me otherwise

3 Likes

i thought you could only change unattuned ones with that

watch people complain that you cant wear them

Directly transmitted means the user is transmitting their magic through the metal. And obviously if they stop then the metal has no magic and turns grey. Unless the user is extremely strong (which we are not on that level yet) then arcanium needs a user to conduct the magic

Add weapon items???

that what ive said for some time, let enchanter npc to help u to update the magic of a arcsphere, would also be nice if it allowed non magic people to update their magic into the arcsphere, they still have magic energy

why wouldnt they follow the same rule