No Double Tap to Dodge

No Double Tap to Dodge https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/e/0e53b8003bcdf46cd883c28b034e2f7d7d434eb8.png
effort 2.545454545454545 11 quality 3.75 12 reasonability 4.0 14

Honestly just double tapping the WASD keys to dodge in a specific direction would be cool.

B is for the emojis. T is for high jump. G is for blocking.

alright so lets made D the dodge key because D means dodge.

…but D is…a direction key…for moving…normally

yes and?

Shift + WASD

3 Likes

I see no issues with this at all.

oh ok that’s fine.

what if you’re trying to charge magic and you accidentally dash

1 Like

If anything, it makes charging your magic energy even safer since you can just dodge mid charge. Just get used to not pressing WASD while you are holding shift.

I was assuming you would only dodge if you pressed a key after holding shift and not if you were holding them before tapping shift. Like you would stand still and charge if you were moving in a direction, but if you tap WASD after you started holding shift then you dodge.

You also wouldn’t have to wait for the normal startup of charging your magic energy to dodge, you could dodge as soon as you start holding shift while normally theres a delay between holding shift and recharging your magic energy.

Yeah, stuff like input registry failure and miss-taps occurred in AA. I kinda agree that it should be changed and I don’t like shift + movement key either cause you’ll definitely charge/dodge on accident.

What?? What are you even imagining? So many games make you tap a button to dodge. Rogue lineage and ABA both have dodge on Q, and it works wonders (but for this case, Q is occupied)

It works in games where the entire area around WASD keys aren’t already taken for keybinds.
Literally every convenient key to dodge with has been taken up by spell slots and basic abilities.

Dude, if you wanna dodge to the right, you hold D to go right and you press the dodge button to dodge to the right

Seriously what are you even imagining

What button would be the dodge button?
The closest available button to WASD that isn’t in use is capslock and screw binding that to anything.

See the issue?

Whatever button is comfortable, that’s why this suggests that the player is allowed to customize this to a button they desire and is turned off by default

I’d set it to mouse3 or 4

mouse 4-?

but which is faster, double pressing W A S or D… or holding down D and then using your other hand to press H, the second closest available button.

To put it simply, there isn’t any more room for keybinds.
WoM already takes up the entire left hand side of my keyboard with keybinds.

buttons on the side of your mouse. most modern mouses have them

Holding down D and then using a preferred key on my keyboard in a quick succession, which doesn’t have to be H since customizable spell keybinds are a confirmed feature for the game