Noble Thunderspear is ridiculously outclassed

sanguine throw

you know this is probably a terrible idea but why don’t we just make the noble thunderspear have movement hindering properties reminiscent of paralysis.

I mean it’s a thunderspear so it would only make sense it works like some kind of stunning based weapon.

maybe every time you throw it and it impales the target, it weakens their jump height and dash distance a little? stacking up until it reaches some kind of cap?

this doesn’t exactly fix spear type weapons in general, but it does help give the thunderspear some sort of usage, and a unique property that makes it worth using over a normal spear.

Like most boss weapons with the same skills isn’t the thunder spear gonna get more skills at some point?

We had like under a week to test it, couldn’t deliver it to ourselves, and vetex misread the change we proposed so it didnt even matter.

Not every tester is part of the balancing team, so stop hating on stuff when you dont know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

recipe for silly :pensive:

Pole v2 flashbacks

1 Like

I assume a movement hindering feature is far too broken in a game like AO

I mean its not too far of a stretch simply because movement hindering effects are commonplace and are being buffed and added even in the very next update according to the balance sheet

oh well then I don’t see why noble thunderspear shouldn’t get lightning based stun stuff

1 Like

pokey stick taser

Triasta will be getting charred which has stun potential, and sunken has soaked as well. So maybe something similar

elemental weapons yessir

I await the day we get a crystal morningstar

the v1.12 balancing changes in question:

to the topic at hand, yeah spears are underwhelming, but it’s not gonna stop me from using them regardless of their state

balls

i expected for a 1/35 drop from a boss to be good

using that logic, literally every single item found in chests has to be op cuz its hard to specifically find one among others

true, but i guess i’m just saying i’d prefer if upgraded weapons that aren’t triasta and sunken to be unique

These weapons aren’t unique and aren’t going to be until they get their special abilities down the line. None of the boss or miniboss drops are. Sanguine isn’t unique at all from a normal Dagger until it gets Sanguine Storm. Lance of Loyalty isn’t any different than a typical Rapier until it gets Ardent Rise. We don’t even know if some of these weapons will ever be unique compared to their normal counterparts, such as Kai’s Sabre.

The point of these weapons isn’t that they’re supposed to play much differently than their normal counterparts, or that they give an insane stat boost. They can be upgraded further for more damage, and are going to have one unique ability (or in Poison-Tooth Dagger’s case, a unique property) and nothing else.

Spear being a dogshit weapon type means Noble Thunderspear is never going to be worth your time. When it gets more abilities down the line, it might be worthwhile, but for now it can sit with all the Swords, Cutlasses, Tridents, Greathammers, Hammers, Maces, Morning Stars, Clubs, and other Spears in the ‘utterly useless’ tier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.