Ok scenario time

this is the hunger games, there are weapons, you can just kill the wizard shooting water with a knife, while you have funny unbreakable barrier around you

why use weapons when I can literally shoot giant balls of blazing blue fire out of my hands?

I know AR and the Webcomic aren’t cannon but it makes sense to be able to use it to give life to other objects too

:warning: NON CANON ALERT :warning:

why use giant blue fireballs when they can easily kill yourself if you’re fighting near literally anything that can burn, and why use it especially against an unbreakable barrier of magic?

the life magic person can just stab you while you keep trying to barrage them with something to try and hit them (not to mention they can heal any damage you do)

Flashbacks to the time old angel fight broke and she had a perma life shield

okay then I just don’t get into a combat situation

if life is gonna be stupidly OP and just negate all damage from everything we should ban it

In that case I shall pick…
Magma

you also forget that your hyper hot fire magic would set anything even near it on fire, which involves your food and genuinely any vegetation like grass, and that would fucking kill you in seconds if it’s that hot from just the heat

let’s assume your own magic can’t kill you

inferno is just a direct upgrade from fire

though I guess it could be overkill so maybe I’ll settle for normal fire

How dare you steal my magic.
You’re a seawing, not a skywing.
You will regret this :rage:

assuming your magic doesn’t harm you just means you need to pick aethereal fire magic then spam self explosion, thus permanently blinding literally everyone with the power of discord light mode, then just fucking shank them if you don’t wanna waste energy

okay fine normal fire it is

you can still burn yourself because a steady orange flame burns at 1100c at the lowest, you’re literally playing with fire in a normal environment which would definitely feature vegetation :skull:

at least try to burn down every single forest first while standing outside of it

warmwater stop being yourself and trapping me in a vortex where I couldn’t use anything because everything has a chance to hurt me

like yeah I know fire is deadly but I’ve done controlled burning before it ain’t that deep

Muhahaha. Phoenix magic is blue so there.
Also it just seems like the most draconic fantasy-ish magic so yes I picked it.

I focused on survival. Phoenix magic is just a good all-purpose magic.
Forgot to mention but also grants minor healing so :man_shrugging:

isn’t phoenix like too hot tho

Heals any disease = minor healing

It heals