Operation: Better wiki

Mostly just inform vetex about the project I guess

And maybe some statistics and data or something.

try to get his support i guess??

ok il try and make something to ping him with

Hey there, AO Wiki admin here. I’d like to start off by saying that as stock mentioned: your idea to make a new wiki won’t solve the problem (not to mention making a new wiki is an ungodly amount of labor). Next, I’d like to know where exactly the problem is?

Filled to the brim with misinformation, disinformation

That claim is very vague. How severe is the problem? What specific pages does this affect? Instead of trying to make a new wiki… why not come talk to us (AO Wiki staff team) to discuss your concerns and work towards fixing them? I want a good wiki as much as the next guy. I can see a few people said they’re interested in helping, so why not redirect that effort to fixing the issue instead of trying to do 1000 times more work?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Mirhaze Independence Revolutionaries
I don’t really have anything for you to do I just wanted to welcome you

read through my wiki rant and you’ll know everything thats wrong

Again, fandom sucks

To be perfectly honest, even if we did fix the issues relating to the wiki and its editors, the platform itself is rotten to the core. A for profit wiki just should t exist, and especially not in the way fandom is

Well that’s not our fault.

we know, its fandoms fault so we’re trying to get away from fandom

That doesn’t mean creating a new wiki isn’t warranted, and the only way, to solve that issue

I agree fandom could be better. However it’s the best available option. Moving to a new platform is A MASSIVE amount of work, not to mention nobody would know about it anyways. Fandom has incredibly dominant SEO (search engine optimization) so they WILL appear as the number 1 results if you google “arcane odyssey wiki”. Again, we work with what we can get. In terms of wiki platforms it’s fine for our needs.

2 Likes

We’re planning to make it when full release hits so take that as you will.

Hello, Project leader here.

we dislike the Fandom platform so we’re doing it on miraheze not only for the game but for the future book series as well.

The new wiki would be a good fun project for us to do. The others also said some points as well so you can refer to those as well.

Are plan was to wait and see if the Wiki improves, and if they dont then we’ll make a miraheze wiki

1 Like

Was this suppose to be funny

Copypasta is inherently funny :hugs:

Now get back on topic

I highly doubt a few dozen people can remake an entire wiki in a reasonable amount of time.

1 Like

The what

What exactly are your specific issues with the fandom platform when it comes to the AO wiki?

its a project, we dont know how it will turn out, right now we’re just getting volunters