Operation: Better wiki

Don’t think it’s an argument we’re just discussing things.

and we might get answers from the patron who said that he would ask vetex stuff

The merging of two wikis for the same community is common fandom/wiki procedure.

More info as to why:

I would think they are talking about two fandom wikies of the same thing

Gonna hop off for now.

That was an entire headache dealing with Rb1 and stuff. I will hope things can go to a better start tomorrow (Please don’t start drama)

Which is why I brought up the procedure, and the reasoning behind it.

Anyways I also have to log out as well, peace :v:.

We aren’t making another fandom wiki
We are making a wiki on a separate platform
Unless you are talking about something else but
Yeah if we successfully make the new wiki we will NOT be going back to fandom

I think we should start a private trello to keep the “Operation: Better Wiki” Project organized

In fact, not only is Fandom specific, but you are also completely incorrect. The merging of two wikis on the SAME SITE is, in fact, rather common.

The keywords being, “the same site”, that is. If you haven’t noticed, fandom’s policies do not extend over to other sites.

And I hope it stays that way

“Fandom update, we have bought every wiki farm in existence”

New dystopia just dropped

me when i get arrested irl because i broke a law in some random ass country I’ve never heard about (rules are universal for some fucking reason)

Anyways, I’m gonna go take a shower and prepare for Netflix session.

I’ll check back later, and don’t contact ANY wiki staff (including RB1).

Please, if you want to contribute to “Operation: Better Wiki” volunter by voting in the original post.

Keep things quiet until the Soifoin guy wakes up tomorrow

Well a lot happened in a like a single hour

Enough for one day, tomorrow we will contact Wiki Staff and hopfully get contact with Vetex, so we can make actual progress

New rb1 alt incoming

I know, don’t make a deal of, PLEASE

What are you on about? AO Wiki definitely has a stake in this, because even though your project is highly impractical, if it somehow succeeds it could end up potentially diverting traffic from the AO Wiki to your wiki (I don’t think it would be a substantial amount to matter, but it still means we have a stake in it). I think you’re the one that lacks common sense for failing to understand how making a competing wiki with the potential to divert traffic from a competitor site somehow does not affect the site in question.

But look, I’m not saying this to convince you to end the project because I don’t think you can be convinced. But it is very confusing and weird of you to say that the AO Wiki has absolutely no stake on this change. In my opinion I find it silly to make an entire volunteer force to slave away the next few months to make a new wiki from scratch, maintain it, learn the mechanics of the new site, advertise it, etc when you could just, I don’t know, fix whatever inaccuracies you claim there is on the AO Wiki? In the end I am keen to see which way the project goes.

2 Likes

You guys know that stuff was removed?