Paper Elemental: The Paper Wasp

Part of the Magic Elementals (Open Art Collab) project. If you, an artist on the forum, want to join let me know.

• Credit to @Rlka for the color palette
  • Credit to @TheChickenRun for the suggestion of Paper Wasp for Paper Magic

Process Video (may be loud):

Bestiary Entry

The only Elemental to be found in swarms and of a eusocial nature, the Paper Wasp can be found all over Magius (annoyingly). Their stings are immensely painful, being described as though one were to have several small and sharp needles slowly digging into the nerve tissue, however many find annoyance in their ability and tendency to deliberately deliver small incisions across the flesh akin to paper cuts.

During the late weeks of summer, the Paper Wasp workers go from admirably tenacious in their pursuit against intruders to outright suicidally aggressive, as by then they serve no purpose in life. In the winter months, colonies of queens will gather as a hive until spring arrives.

34 Likes

mystical wyverns… powerful tortoises…
and a bug

3 Likes

A most powerful creature

Paper rose magic variant :flushed:

Joke aside this really well made

Ty! It was a little tougher figuring how to make a good silhouette with something so small

I cant wait for plasma elemental wonder what creature its gonna be

Luckily for you it’s the next one I’m doing! If you want, you can check the labels on the Trello to see what’s coming

Honestly, I’d be way more scared of wasps that bleed you to death and may be the size of a person than a dragon.
Atleast I know what to expect from a dragon.

I’ve heard that death by a thousand cuts is a pretty bad way to go out.

yo this is really nice art, i would suggest explosion elemental to be a fire cockatiel thing, only if you want tho.
nice job

now this is a gamer moment cool piece of artwork, nice job!

Thank you! Idk what you’re referring!g to, but Explosion’s elemental is an exploding beetle!

uhh a beetle? aight i am referring to a cockatiel bird, they are this yellow head with red or orange cheek birdies, i just think their color palette kinda looks like a explosion, and would be cool if that was the elemental

True, but the beetle itself creates explosions. I think that’s a bit more fitting, don’t you?

Also, given that these are mostly silhouettes, the cheeks wouldn’t be very visible

well at least the creature here is a single wasp and not an entire swarm of them
im sure you can handle that much better

Nice
i cant wait to see what you do with the Lightning Quilin

this thing is gonna look dope

aight the could have been explosion cheeks, but alr i like your concept

I should probably mention that they live in swarms and can cause paper cuts with their wings

I started the Lightning Qilin on impulse before I went to dance. She’s a little hairless right now (Lightning horns and maybe glowing hair if it looks good) but have some references too. Some things like the size and height may also change.

refs

b69c96c65a54d1ba3a8efa3ed54fafb4
Also the Lightning Chariot from Kid Icarus

1 Like

ye some horns will look epic
good luck on making the tail lol. the tail looks different in all the images that i could find on google
i think a fluffy tail with a cloud design would work best but its up to you
cant wait to see the rest of the designs too

Ahhh, I’m glad you’re enjoying them! I was thinking a long fluffy tail kind of like a wolf’s but either cloudy or static (horses use their tails to swat flies, so it’d be cool if Qilin just roasted them). I love creature design, but it looks like I’m the only one who draws mainly animals on the forum xD