People who read the AA comics?

What’s that?

Someone is making own comic series based on Arcane Adventures

Ik about the AA one, that one looks like AO thi

I’m sorry homie but this is such a disrespectfully worded and uninformed take :sob:. There is a huge difference between posting a well-drawn comic like that sparsely (from what I could find this is the source) and making a consistently posted webcomic. No disrespect to the artist of those AO comic pages because the art really is good, but it doesn’t seem like they post regularly in regards to that webcomic as there’s months between each of their webcomic posts (nothing against that, completely understandable).

But drawing AND writing a webcomic relatively consistently like Trollus has been doing for years is a completely different beast. That’s why Trollus uses assets like that Trigno image in the first place - to streamline the process and make reduce the monumental and continuous amount of work that has to go into it. The gaps between that artist’s webcomic posts is a testament to that.

Like I said in my previous post nothing against you if you just don’t like Trollus’ artstyle, that’s a personal preference thing and it wouldn’t be right to shame you for that. But taking another person’s art and saying they should be the artist instead when they did said art in different circumstances is just unfair and frankly an insult to both artists. Like if I said that Vetex’s and his work on Arcane Odyssey should be replaced by another game creator that I thought was better, I’d look like an entitled jerk, no?

6 Likes

where can I find this comic

yeah i do think i came off as a bit rude there

Not saying that Trollus’ art is bad here, just that the one I found didnt reuse stuff too much and had way more detail (at the cost of time ofcourse)

by saying I believe this guy should be the artist instead, thats just my preference though. im not tryna bring down the other artist

My belief on the webcomic stuff is that the guy writing and drawing it should take as long as they want because its totally worth it

I dont get the “should be” part, it isnt a job, Trollus does it because he/she wants to

I honestly found the aa webcomic really entertaining and i loved the changes the creators made for some characters.
But after theos’ death everything started feeling boring and i didnt really bother touching it again

Go to the webtoon site or download the app, then search arcane adventures

You consider my technician soldering skills art too?

i cant really see whats in the image well lol

Its electronic system made on PCB

Nah yeah I figured you weren’t being intentionally malicious or anything, I also feel that way about some stuff (like wishing OPM season 2 had been done by same studio as season 1 or that the second Pacific Rim movie had the same director as the first).

But basically that line of thinking, especially when it comes to content creation is unintentionally reductive even if you don’t mean it in a bad way, which is why I usually try to never say it. Afterall it’s REALLY hard to say “I wish person A had done this thing instead of person B” without sounding like you’re devaluing person B lol. It’s even worse if said thing isn’t their job and is just a passion project, like the AA webcomic

If you still need links:

Here’s a link to Trollus’ AA webcomic: link

Here’s a link to one of Luxsm’s posts on their AO comic: link
To find the other stuff Luxsm has done on their AO comic just go to their profile from that link

Say what you want about the art style, but I think it’s really good at depicting one specific thing; disturbing/terrified faces. I don’t know how to explain it, but there’s just something…uniquely terrifying about the way shocked faces are drawn by Trollus.

Here’s a pretty old but still relevant example; This meme drawn by them portrays the suffering that was once known as WoM enchanting (Anybody remember how much of a RNGfest that was?) however, despite being a silly joke drawing criticizing a once-poorly-designed feature, that face is utterly horrifying to me.

This doesn’t look like the face of somebody who has gone through RNG enchant hell. This looks like the face of somebody who has been suffering infinite pain in the real hell for thousands of eons, and can do nothing but cry and scream into the abyss as the millennia pass by.

1 Like

i really like it, it has amazing adventure vibes. that being said, i never liked the character of Angel, she seems to manipulative and harsh at some points, then creepily attracted to Juniper, who is basically three years. The one scene where she tried to get Juniper drunk was superrr icky. I’d rather Juniper stay with Veronica, they seem cool.
I love Landon (because of the underdog Trope) and Freedrock. I love how they handle Devil Dog and the King of Savaria, they were dope. The whole thing with Rebecca was kinda long but it made sense since she was that powerful. I also really like the whole politics thing with the Arcane Government (and Verdies is always a win).

Ayo- what?

That is pretty weird to say the least… Very uncomfortable to say the least. :fr:

I really hope that BlackLightJack will review this webcomic. I wanna see his honest opinion-

1 Like

The story really picks up after Third Sea, and the villains are great.

Spoilers for Fifth Sea

My favorite villain has got to be Rebecca, to the point where I’ve even made a cosplay file in AO for her.

1 Like

There’s a bit of a boring period after theos’ death, but if you get through that, you won’t regret it

I honestly liked the gory part and when you think about it, it suits arcane since you could’ve lost parts of your body and drawback is a bloody diarrhea :moyai: