Petition to Repeal the Data Wipe

This still doesn’t really justify anything. The point here now is to prevent this from happening further. Regardless of it being unfair to wiped players, the complaints will just continue to stack up. That is not good at all, that is a fucking terrible image for y’all. Both options here are, but stopping this from continuing is the best possible decision you could make. The data wipe was already unfair as fuck anyways. A little unfairness to stop it isn’t gonna hurt anyone.

Then what? Do monthly wipes based off of random shit so the cheaters can never anticipate it?? How about the exploit gets fucking fixed, a much better option would’ve been to pull a WoM and disable trading whilst trying to fix the patch and delete the illegitimate items. Absurdly idiotic things like this aren’t even a TEMPORARY solution, so long as the dupe exploits aren’t patched, exploiters will be able to re-gain their valuables in a couple of days

There’s literally no defending this shit unless you’re vetex and had a very specific reason

3 Likes

then what, have the people with the duped items, you know the main reason probably for the wipe anyway, just trade everything immediatly so it doesn’t really affect them?

think main thing we should be talking about is why doesn’t give vetex the option to trade between files. this would’ve made the situation much better because then peopel wouldn’t really have trade accounts (still imo stupid thing to have but yeah)

3 Likes

this won’t really happen again? especially this situation, you can’t have items higher than you level anymore, so this literally won’t happen again.

i gave them to low levels, feels bad knowing what the data wipe done

What makes you believe that…

[some of] exploiter items wiped = exploiter mildly annoyed
exploiter decides to spend some hours leveling up a file or more realistically use other cheats to lvl up quickly
exploiter dupes items
back to square one

And if your argument is “oh well they’ll get caught easier and faster because they can’t trade to alts” then they can also level up alts and other files…this quite literally fixes nothing, and there are many exploiters that would absolutely go this far considering they’re making real money off of this. The only way to truly get rid of dupers is to…fix duping :confused:

that’s not what i meant, i meant this won’t happen again for normal people, i’m not defending vetex here.

another reason why he might’ve done that is just simply because it was a side effect maybe, pretty sure he just wanted the system of not being able to have items that are higher level than you.

It absolutely will if vetex keeps taking this approach and decides to not halt the spreading of illegitimate items in some sort of way temporarily whilst he tries to fix duping (assuming he is anyway).

There’s no way vetex did something this stupid willingly so I’m trying really hard to give him some sort of benefit of the doubt but there has to be one good ass reason for me to not be irritated

Dumb “feature” nonetheless

again, not listening to me, THIS SPECIFIC SITUATION won’t happen again.

what other “specific situation” can you be fucking talking about other than the wiping of items??? do you mean the wiping of items in this criteria? WOWWW I’m so relieved my items won’t be (potentially) wiped next time for the same reason, and instead for another different stupid reason :confused:

there’s not much reason to delete the items again if the main thing (higher level than you) is done now.

also with this much backlash i don’t see vetex doing this more general situation again either.

and again, don’t STORE your items on an alt that isn’t leveled up (can’t do it anymore anyway but yeah)

again i would say we should argue more for a way to be able to trade items to other files. because afaik this was the main reason why people had these accounts anyways.

If he doesn’t wipe items again then the economy is gonna be fucked, though that’s if duping still exists or not; which at this point is fucking impossible to tell cuz a mod was saying it was fixed some weeks ago now it’s not fixed ??

Fr. Also optimizing inventory loading cuz that shit has been put off for literal fucking years now, that’s also a big reason

2 Likes

He hasn’t cared enough to make an announcement about it. Everyone found out the hard way and our reply to our inquiry is “it’s intentional”.

Seeing the previous posts, disabling trades would be a much better solution. Or make specific items untradeable. Trading across files is convenient for the player base, less alts would be needed. Exploiters already have multiple alts just for being an exploiter, 3 hrs to max isn’t really an obstacle

Petition for them to listen to feedback and learn how to communicate next

i mean maybe we getting less exploiters now with the new roblox anti-cheat :pray:

No amount of galleons is worth wiped sunkens…

Synapse already bypassed it

This. I want to trade my items between slots so badly it hurts

If 100 people are tied to a train track and the train runs over 50 of them is it “unfair to the people the train already ran over” that we stop the train?

5 Likes

the train will continue going whether people like it or not, its not gonna stop so we need a better way