Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

Just make the jail system like the escapist with different task to do that provide exp scaled with the players level as well as different ways to escape

Now I want you to imagine this same situation but instead it’s just a high rep clan member.
They cant be arrested.
And will proceed to kill you all until you leave the server.
Hero’s can also assassinate as well.

Jailing doesn’t accomplish this remotely. All jailing serves is a flip off to anyone who wanted “freedom”.
You can’t justify a dogshit mechanic by saying it’s a “cOre meCHanIc” :nerd_face: its absolutely fucking not btw, that’s the reputation system or using “muh lore!!!” As an excuse. Criminals care about gameplay more than ingame morals :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

The mechanic as a whole serves zero purpose other than to reduce the already low replayability the game has.

This is why I believe that heroes killing heroes for a small 50 rep loss is unreasonable, thought I think that the argument I made before still keeps it’s credibility.

No, I didn’t justify it by saying that it was a core mechanic, I justified it by saying that you get to make the game a safer place for everyone on the seas, npc and players alike.
Positive reps care about game play as well, and that is why removing a menace who’s been trouble to everyone can feel so satisfying, not just lowering their number.

I do to a fair extent agree with this sentiment, and therefore I think that criminals deserve advantages when everything is out to get them, I suggest you read my previous replies to get insight into there.
By the way, it’s not like jails are bullet proof by any means, if the criminal population of a server is high enough you’re going to be broken out.

a core to punishing players if they get caught, a “do better next time” sign

1, skill issue, cant change that

2, while i get your point, notoriety doesnt do EVERYTHING

3.1,you have better ways of getting galleons, and since there isnt a whole lot of villans out there, youre going to team up with another person
3.2, i get it, being on the literal GPS system of the grand navy can be hard and i dont like that idea, i would like a more slower approach where they first send out small fast ships for scouting (destroying the ships will decrease progress for the grand navy), dont attack and hide in their den (silverhold) to plan an attack, and THEN launch an all-out assult on you, not constantly chase you down

4, like i said, galleons and flexing rights of “oh look i have 6 digits worth of bounty lololol”. also from the amount of grand navy ships you sunk you probably have some sealed chest that you can open at darkpine isle or whitesummit

its a shame that when you camp in whitesummit, and they attack, the bandits and assasin syndicate NPC’s dont help you fight which is kinda dissapointing but then again, they banned dynamic NPC suggestions

I’m sorry but this is a delusion.
NOBODY bounty hunts with this intention.
Its for one of two things 99% of the time.
1: Renown (deckhands and leaderboard positions)
2: Revenge

Yes. Literally that.
Welcome to games.

Listen, if minigames become a method to escape.
It stops being “I’m doing this to pass the time and have fun” and becomes “ugh lets get this over with quickly”.
You gotta understand, forcing people to pick between doing a repetitive task or going afk is not great.

calling something a core mechanic insinuates that gameplay across multiple parts of the game would be noticeably changed if it was changed.
Sitting in a box for 10 minutes vs not sitting in a box for 10 minutes has a clear difference, yes, but it changes nothing outside of the box.

If everyone thought that the goal of being a “hero” wasn’t to make the seas safer, but to increase a number then this idea would be widely supported, thought it’s clear that it’s not.
Your idea here is universally hated, as games where the whole concept of being a hero is boiled down to a number is already significantly high, thought arcane odyssey is one of the rare games where being a hero can entail more than having a high number, this is what’s driven it’s success, and removing such a crucial part of the game would more or less kill a critical part of the game itself.

Its because the majority of people talking here have never played a negative rep file.
Yourself included.
So they think the jail system is either:
1: Not a real problem.
2: Can be fixed.

I have NEVER met a hero or navy player ingame that gave a single shit about making anything “safe”.
Its about renown and getting that leaderboard position and title, or in the case of the navy, getting a leaderboard position, title, AND a less garbage outfit.

The issue isn’t that no one has played a negative file as you assume, it’s that they’ve played hero files and they’ve realized that the pursuit of safety of themself and others is crucial to the game.
Of course, this doesn’t apply to everyone, and it’s sad to see that you don’t believe that you’ve seen anyone who doesn’t just care about growing their renown, thought to use that belief as grounds to make the pursuit of safety almost impossible is outrageous.

The amount of games where “heroes” do nothing to keep others safe is already significantly high, and I think you should seek out more titles like that if you believe that the idea of doing anything for any other purpose than a number is unrealistic.

Alas if you believe that there’s no one who chases a greater purpose than a number then I have no counter argument to that.

ok you’re just delusional.
I tried to reason with you but holy shit this is actually insane.
are you the guy that was chasing me around ranting about how I was violating the holy order or some shit?

IN A ROBLOX GAME

Please go play a negative rep file before you argue any further.
Unless it genuinely interferes with your morals, which wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

Ok but you cant lie some of the higher ranking armors do look hella drippy doe

they do ngl.

Yeah, it’s a roblox game, thought isn’t it interesting that you can embed such interesting ideas in a silly lego blox game interesting?
Would be a shame to throw it all away.

And again, I do believe in more benefits for criminals.

Also no, I am not the person who was talking about some holy order, and no this doesn’t interfere with my morals, I just think that what arcane odyssey did here was really neat, and I think it would be a shame to lose such features.

I meant the things you do while in prison could be mini games providing exp while you could also introduce some npcs that could either help you escape and even potentially join your crew

Escaping shouldn’t be too hard considering it would have to be a core feature to fix the jail timer kinda like how jailbreak is extremely easy to escape

here’s the problem with solo escapes.
if its added, what is the point in even having the jail system.
at that point it just becomes tedious and annoying.

Thing is it’s that or be afk for 10 minutes
As for the what the point is it’s just a way to punish bad rep players which personally I’d like to see something similar happen to positive reps

Yes.
Tedious and annoying.
It stops being fun and starts being something you just want to get over with quickly.

I’d like to see something similar happen to positive reps just so they can understand just how absolutely miserable playing a negative rep file is right now.

also punish them for what? playing the game???

I mean if your insanely popular I’d make sense if criminals tried to kidnap you and try to assassinate you

Isn’t the whole playstyle of a criminal high risk high reward or some bs yeah rn it isn’t worth it but that can get fixed eventually

if the “risk” is a mechanic that does literally nothing but waste time and break the flow of the game and strictly makes the experience worse.
that’s just bad design.

if you aren’t playing a game to have fun then what are you doing?