Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

Yeah that’s why being a criminal sucks ass rn

Go play a criminal file.
Accumulate this.
Tell me it’d be a shame then.

As I’ve said a multitude of times, I think that the time you’ve spent in jail for the minimal amount of “advantage” that you’ve been given as a criminal is unreasonable, and I think that there are many ways that criminals should have more advantage.

Therefore, I believe that you should look for other ways in which criminals should be rewarded, such as a slightly higher level cap or something like that, but the absolute removal of the jail would remove something crucial to the game that would make evil and good a simply number game and remove so much from it.

Again, I do agree with your point that criminals need more advantages and less jail time, but please go after something else other than the complete removal of the justice that is delivered.

I think it should stay, it adds a certain risk to being a criminal, I think that some rewards and balancing are in order but an utter removal seems wrong to me.

I don’t care how much advantage I’m given, I’ve spent nearly 17 hours in this game in the mandatory AFK room what the fuck how is that acceptable.
How the fuck is a mandatory AFK room acceptable AT ALL?

THIS IS THE WORST IDEA.

Find a single person aside from yourself who doesn’t see it as a number game.
A single person who strives for some greater holy shit I can’t even type this with a straight face.

1. The stupid baby jail while frustrating should stay, it should get some reworks but it should stay.

2. I mean, I do like the big number go brrrr, but if I just wanted to have a larger number I would go fame. It would remove the risk of just getting ganked by level 200 navy marines, and I would lose the stupid baby jail. (You found another person who doesn’t think of it as a number game)

I think this time should be drastically lower.

This is just an example, but it’s clear that the evil side is weaker, so to empower the evil side more than the good side would drive more people to it, thought it wouldn’t be suitable for pro players, as it’d make them unbeatable.

I believe that the universal disdain for your suggestion already shows that people believe in the idea of some justice, instead of just numbers.

I find this as a very enjoyable part of this silly blox game, I think with it’s removal that the experience would be worsened.

No, what I speak on is solely relevant to game play, it’s not about a greater purpose, morals, justice.

You haven’t said anything about a greater purpose, morals, justice, or making the war seas a safer place.

If you haven’t realized it, that’s what this guy is going on about unironically.

The fuck?
Don’t give me that garbage when you’ve said ALL of this and more.

What I mean is that it’s a part of game play, to make the war seas a safer place, morals and justice.
That’s a core part of what makes arcane odyssey into what it is.

You’re either trolling or you’re actually insane.

Being a mass murdering psychopath with no regard for human life is also apart of gameplay.

Yet that’s the route that puts people on hard mode.

Universally I think that we both disagree widely on what arcane odyssey should be about which leads to our argument being unsolvable, I believe in that evil and good should be more than a number game while you entirely believe that everyone thinks that it is.
If you want to continue the argument then we can move to direct messages, however I think that our disagreement of how the game should work is too much to ever let us reach a conclusion.

Overall now that I’ve heard your arguments for your case of removal of jails I’ve only grown to believe that your suggestion is illogical and outrageous.

I know, I do think that it shouldn’t be as harsh as it is right now.

i dunno if you guys realise but lowering the time is not gonna stop people spending hours in jail if they get jailed over and over…

the idea of supporting a temp ban box existing in any form is illogical and outrageous to me.
loss of bounty and galleons is enough punishment for dying.
notoriety is more than enough punishment for crimes.

Notoriety how it is right now already turns the game into a really really long chase sequence against an infinite hoard that always knows exactly where you are and will never give up.

I clicked play to play the game, not sit in a fucking box for 10 minutes or ANY amount of time.

forcing players to wait ingame for 10 minutes for dying is a bad thing.
them also could make the prison better, like the ravenna mines, add some npcs to talk or something like that, jailbreak stuff

1 Like

I can’t compromise because compromise doesn’t work.

i dont readed the entire topic

I don’t expect you to, this topic is a nightmare and I never expected it to recieve this much opposition. (from heroes who have never played as villains no less)
I thought player jail times were pretty universally hated and it was just that nobody took the step to point out that the game would be strictly improved if the mechanic just… didn’t exist.

Introduce a pity system and give criminals more advantages that help them avoid getting arrested.

If any other punishment then the reduction of a number is too much for you then maybe play another game?

Notoriety is no punishment, it’s merely the navy trying to get you to experience your punishment, and if your idea of the removal of jail is enough, then you’ve basically just stated that a 500 reduction in bounty is sufficient for anything.

How about a wanted criminal who finally gets arrested after having been causing chaos for 25 hours, killing an unbelievable amount of players and npc’s should only be faced with a reduction in their number?
What’s even the point? You’re just pissing him off, he’ll just go and murder more, you wouldn’t be a hero, merely a person seeking to increase their number.

Exactly, thought the absolute removal of it would majorly hurt most players experience of the game.

This kind of logic will never let your suggestion reach the masses, you gotta reshape your suggestion into something that people will actually accept, not retain it as something that is universally disliked regardless of others opinion.