Pour one out for the runners and mosquitos

That dagger change is awful but aside from everything else
The worst part about this is that its marked as “critical” and “must be changed for the wellbeing of the game”

what the FUCK?

We meant to put some more discussion into this change and hold it for a while until we were sure that this is what should be settled on, but it got posted to the document way too early. The backlash is expected, and you’re free to formulate your own takes on the matter. Just know change is coming regardless, even if it’s not as extreme as this initial ‘draft’.

Because, in the frame of PvP, it is critical priority. Running is effortless and guaranteed. Mosquito and airstall-heavy playstyles dominate. This isn’t how the game was meant to be played, but it’s so effective that people have latched on over time and will not let go, no matter what.

I understand that this isn’t a great change for casual players. I’m personally working on trying to make changes to make this update to mobility skills a bit less of a nuisance for the average Joe.

A bunch of the stuff Idrc about I’m just concerned about the whole “facing the player thing” I feel like there’s no way that’s not going be janky, but if it’s implemented somehow without it being a detriment when I’m actually trying to “face the player” I’d be cool wit that

testers and the balancing team are highly unrepresentative of average players

8 Likes

That much is incredibly clear.

I’d have a bit of faith. As far as I’m aware the possibility of this change is due to a new system recently made available to Roblox developers. I’m no coder and have next to no Studio experience so I don’t know any of the terminology, but as long as the cone is adjusted properly this would likely be consistent in practice. Only thing that would worry me is lag / desync / clientside.

despite all of the grief i give this change, i think this is a reality that i am willing to live in

6 Likes

This is exactly my reasoning for being hesitant in regards to this change. But this isn’t just ‘balance team’. Vetex himself wants this change in the game, which complicates taking a more casual-friendly approach by quite a bit.

If that’s what’s trying to be targeted I don’t see why this is a better alternative than raising the cooldown (plus it also punishes non mosquito or airstall builds [aka everything that isn’t thermo warlord…]), removing 20 damage is willllld, p much removes ptd out of viable weapons since you’re not even gonna proc poisoned on most builds with how popular defense is :pensive: :pensive:

whatever tho I won’t dwell on that I imagine it isn’t final

This is just a misinterpretation of how the weapons formula works. PTD now simply has base dagger impact damage. Your damage is not being cut by 4/5ths. It’ll hardly be noticeable if you run any decent amount of power.

if that’s how it is fair enough and it’s also less of an issue with gems I guess, still sad about it though, getting one of my top weapons nerfed due to the atrocities of other builds :sob:

If its vetex wanting this then he should know that
~74% of his audience don’t pvp regularly and ~59% don’t enjoy bounty hunting in any capacity.

(I love getting good info from polls)

4 Likes

This is representative of forums, sure, but not the entire playerbase. And at the end of the day, it’s all Vet’s call. If this is something he wants to see in the game, complaints aren’t really gunna change his mind.

Took a bit of reading to fully understand it, but now my main concern is if Wardens, Knights, or Warriors will get a Leap/Airstep equivalent. Sure, it’s only vertical mobility, but it’s useful nonetheless.

PTD is overpowered, plain and simple. It’s double the damage of every other Dagger Throw with no downside. Needed a hit. Incredibly low risk and very high reward.

From my personal experience ingame, the numbers are even higher.
I’d say roughly 80%-90% of players couldn’t possibly give less of a shit about fame bounty or anything connected if they tried.

The only thing keeping most of those remaining players to that are deckhands and literally nothing else.

NO NO NO NO NOOOO, THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING TO MEEEEEEEEE :sob: :sob: :sob: I AM ARCANE ODDYSEYS GREATEST RUNNER, BUT HOW WILL I RUN WITHOUT PIERCING STRIKESSSSSSSSS??? DAMN YOU VETEX, DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!1

One of the abilities on Kai’s Sabre seems to be an airstep for weapons. This means it’ll be on all Katanas. Can’t say the same for Vitality, though, since we have no clue how that’ll be yet.

Yeah, that seems like the only one. Hoping it spreads to more weapons eventually, but if it is a Leap, then it probably will.