Pour one out for the runners and mosquitos

Return to the pit you crawled out of, kindly.

I am here to spread the good will of water magic by which i mean im gonna make everything wet and leave

at this point just fucking pull a Blox Fruits and add a PvP shield (that also removes your ability to damage players but can also be toggled on and off after you die the first time) after you die to a player once

no more focusing
people can pvp when they want to hence the toggle
works well in tournaments cause you don’t get hurt if a stray ult art flies into the stands of munera garden
bounty hunters can yoink at least some bounty out of someone before moving onto someone else and if they run out of targets that wanna fight they can just serverhop
honestly it’s a solid enough compromise but i’m not exactly a pvper myself so i think someone could make an even better compromise

you should still be able to run away but you have to decide NOW (you cant run away after some time fighting)

as a person who knows how to script on roblox, i could think of a few ways this could work

PvP in AO is mostly just bounty-hunting instead of duels and tourneys (Okay I’m not really sure if it is but I mostly see gankers/bounty hunters other than duelists)

Why can’t Vetex just implement different spawns/Inn Keepers? This would quite literally make bounty hunting more of a solid “find priority target and then kill” and maybe only apply this said different spawn system ONLY when you join the game but not dying, meaning if you die you’ll still spawn at the intended game spawn: Ravenna.

I could quite literally wait at Ravenna for some high bounty guy to join and spawn in his boat and then stealthily follow him after I can take his bounty and kill him (easier if he has a clan logo), why can’t Vetex just implement it, would different spawns ruin AO even?

NOT TO MENTION the forcefield is LIMITED why isn’t it intact forever and only disables if you actually move?

1 Like

Not what I meant, those ones are redundant and can only be used on wilderness Islands and are only effective after you join, not before.

I am talking about reliable Inn Keepers where if you join you can spawn at either Shell Island to Frostmill or even Cirrus Island but if you die you’d spawn on the intended game spawn, Ravenna.

this is absurdly stupid in a few ways but im sure people can already tell why

if they want to remove mosquito playstyles, they could just make it so that a nerf like this applies after 1 air movement charge is used instead of just permanently removing the whole point of flexible mobility.

If this gets through, AO is nothing more than just brighter Deepwoken.

Whoever even suggest these changes needs to be forcefully removed from their computers. I hope to any higher being in the heavens this never gets through.

What were they smoking :skull::skull:

the flexible mobility is what added a lot of expressive combat (a.k.a. its fun), the alternative to make it so that you need 2 air charges to use mobility away from a player is a far far better idea

2 Likes

it’s funny cus as someone who has only ever played mage I can’t relate to any of this outrage in the slightest

6 Likes

Typical mimhere

Now i wouldnt go that far… I consider AO even after this proposed change to still be rather inconsequential and more “baby mode” by comparison.

There’s already been arguments/discussion when it comes to AO, DW, and some other games a long time ago that i can’t remember nor bother too much looking back at atm. Overall its best not compare them since they’re completely different games that essentially follow different metrics.

Especially now as the two cannot be anymore different.

I can somewhat agree w/ the outrage but not completely.

eh true.

Even still, could not really understand why would this be a good change.

should rename bronze sea to the sea of tears from how much crying there is from mobility patch

everyone that hasn’t used a single mobility move has 0 valid opinions on the changes

It could be simpler to make the crashes work like how the rush is moving at snail’s pace when not in combat

“How the ocean became salty”