PSA: Good luck if a mod falsely bans you :)

mfw i have to crop the video by 20 pixels. my life is so hard :sob:

3 Likes

worth pointing here, appears that Victim had previous interaction with moderation team by “Mod 1” addmiting to it by saying “Considering quality of your clips”

it seems that low low grade PC need to record in high resolution to make thier “clip” appealable

I’m not gonna hold you

Actually we DO appeal this, even without clip evidence. We just do some quick checks and if everything seems legit we unban you and fix (remove) the slot :fr:

You don’t get perma banned for this, you get strikes, first one is a few days (3), second is a week, third is a month, and so fourth

That ALSO doesn’t happen. Association bans only happen if someone in your guild is obviously exploiting and the other people are aware and turn a blind eye into it

And for this topic I can confirm that this is a certified mod moment and yeah I’m sorry for what happened on behalf of the other mod. Mistakes can happen after doing tons and tons of tickets and getting hundreds of DMs it can get quite mind-numbing :sleeper:

I’ve honestly felt discouraged about playing the game recently. With all of these videos and personal reports of being falsely banned, I feel as though I should just wait until something is fixed about it. These types of problems did not occur during WoM. It is very unreasonable to expect every player in the game to download clipping software just to ensure they don’t get banned in one game out of the whole platform. The mods are well aware of many problems with the whole banning system, and although you may say they’re attempting to solve it, that still doesn’t excuse the whole “Sorry, that’s too bad” approach whenever a player says they’ve been falsely banned. I feel very aggravated by these types of stories because I have been falsely banned from a game before in which I spent hours on, only to never be able to play again. Knowing that just for this user to be considered a second glance, they had to have a connection with another mod is very disheartening. I understand that the mods work with very large amounts of tickets to go through every day, and I do in fact give thanks to them for it, I just wish for them to do a better job

7 Likes

you’ve missed point

1 Like

what im pretty sure this was just a misunderstanding
the op sent a clip of an exploiter
the mods banned him instead of the exploiter on accident, probably logging his user with the clip
mod 1 saw the high quality clip that the op sent and believed that op should have a suitable pc to maintain a clipping software

What is the point, that it isn’t in the rules? It should be known that abusing something like farming executions (which isn’t intentional btw) gets you striked

Have my doubts on that one considering I saw the appeal process firsthand via a guildmate, but sure.

I didn’t say you get permabanned. I said you get temp banned. It’s not an exploit, or a bug, it’s a dev oversight and a cheese. Renown resets are fine, but banning people for something that isn’t listed anywhere in the rules is idiotic and indefensible.

And what, exactly, is considered ‘turning a blind eye’? If a guild member is involved in a dupe and you choose to ignore it rather than reporting them, will you be banned? Is anyone made aware of the dupe having taken place at risk of being grouped in with the perpetrator? There’s no consistency here.

you are welcome to answer this topic
@Maple failed to provide an real information

what

You can have your doubts but it is definently a thing, unless your guildmate really is exploiting or they just had REALLY fucked up stats could depends, also this is quite recent (like 1 or so week ago) so if they haven’t appealed then they could try again :person_shrugging:

I mean I do agree with you on the fact that Game Rules aren’t really listed but you quite literally are using a cheese that basically affects other people in contrast to normal cheese like cheesing bosses, which is why it is strikable. Also for the “Renown reset”, that would be dumb. Why would we ONLY reset someones bounty if they are aware that they are abusing a system, SOME form of punishment has to be given there, not just a slap on the wrist

Just knowing that the person is exploiting and not saying anything of course wont get you banned unless it is really obvious that you are withholding information or something. Association bans really only happen when you yourself SEE your guildmate EXPLOITING, are VISUALLY aware and do NOTHING about it. It’s not like everyone has to report them, as long as at the end of the day
A: Someone reports the exploiter
B: You dissociate WITH The exploiter (or at least in Arcane Odyssey), you will remain fine as it is. And even THEN we wouldn’t stretch it by banning EVERYONE involved

The execution method of farming Bounty does not affect other players at all. Is me being able to hire legendary deckhands massively impacting the gameplay experience of everyone else on the server?

Alright, let’s play with this idea. There have been plenty greater abuses than making a meaningless number under your name go up.

• Punishment should be given to anyone who uses boss cheese methods, as their system of aggro is being abused to gain coveted items.
  • Punishment should be given to anyone who used methods of cheesing Architect Merlot or Commodore Kai at any point during the game, as it inflated their Bounty / Fame and provided them with Galleons and rare drops that were illegitimate.

Let’s take it a step further again. If you can be banned for taking advantage of a dev oversight, there are some other things that should be punished as well.

• If you sold stolen Cargo before its profit was adjusted to match that of purchased Cargo, you should be tempbanned, as the Galleon advantage the player could gain was enough to fund a wide variety of purchases near the launch period of the game.

Let’s take one more look at the Game Rules.

Execution farming is not a bug, and does not fall under any other categories.

It shouldn’t be bannable, period. It is beyond idiotic that players are actually getting banned for this. Update the rules, or stop banning people for a harmless cheese. Simple.

8 Likes

“its not in the rules that you can’t stop executions for rep, but it’s strikable”
here comes the 1984 bullshit tester-run game moderation where they nitpick at anything to ban people they dislike

also the rules are damn hidden for how short they are, they aren’t even labelled AS the in-game rules in the discord (it is an embedless google doc at the top of FAQ that looks outdated)

1 Like

just a repeat of AA moderation all over again, embarrassing

No i would say it affects people more so in the competitive way, I’m mainly reffering to the leaderboard (for the 5 people that care about that). A crap ton of people banned for this are in the 1.5m 2m Bounty ballpark which is CRAZY considering NOBODY needs that much bounty, unless Deckhands go that high and i am tripping

Honestly I agree with striking people who cheese kai/ merlot but lets be honest NOBODY does it for fame or bounty, it gets you very little compared to doing bounty hunting or really anything else that gets you fame. Cheesing levels isn’t really that bad since it really just comes down to people being too lazy to play the game or wanting to power level (which honestly still shouldn’t come down to cheese in my opinion)

And the rest i have no comment on because i can’t really think of anything to say :person_shrugging:

Once again I don’t really like how the game rules are barely mentioned or elaborated upon, Not much i can do there though

Still, the point I’m trying to drive home here is that it’s a dev oversight. If there’s no announcement in the Discord, nothing mentioned in the rules, and nothing mentioned in-game, how are players supposed to know this is bannable? I thought people were joking at first when they started talking about receiving bans for this. Leaderboard has never been truly competitive, it just went from who can AFK cheese Merlot the fastest to who can execution farm the fastest. As far as I’m aware, Renown is getting reset anyways, so I struggle to understand why this is bannable. It’s just such a strange and almost comical thing to issue temporary bans for.

3 Likes

it says you’re a game moderator, why not bring it up to higher-ups? i didn’t know there was an actual list of game rules until i searched the whole damn bronze sea for it

1 Like

I mean at least he sent you a nice gif

1 Like

Real question is what was their motive for banning you

I’ve bought it up and mostly i’ve gone unanswered :fr: