PSA: Good luck if a mod falsely bans you :)

just like my topic and disappeared ping to vetex in that topic

me showing the mod how to open his iphone and learn to crop:

or christ it takes a couple minutes to blur something in sony vegas but like i said just crop it?

you don’t get it, they are VERRRYYYYY important people. they don’t have the time for that.

1 Like

If players have no way of knowing it’s punishable, then it shouldn’t be. Punishing players for things that aren’t clearly not allowed just sends the message that they can get punished randomly even if they think they’re following the rules

3 Likes

He reported an exploiter, and was mistakenly banned instead of the exploiter

now see you’d think that this would be common sense

1 Like

moderation doesn’t like common sense

1 Like

‘‘the previous interaction’’ i assume was tap trying to prove his innocence by showing him clips from when he was last in game

mods have lives + wildly disproportionate mod count to player count in this game + hundreds of exploiter tickets coming in per hour + cropping doesn’t always work (exploiter could be out of frame) + sony vegas is paid + no one wants to download a roblox clip, boot up an editing software, apply a blur to certain areas, render it, then upload it

dunno why Vetex doesn’t just publish hotfixes to resolve issues of bug abusing (kai/merlot cheese is literally fixed in v1.11.12 but isn’t published, changing the rep gain from stopping executions/freeing prisoners should not take that long) rather than saving it for a big patch, would resolve a lot of confusion and lessen the load on mods. ik he’s busy w/ adding content but these changes do not seem hard to implement

3 Likes

so what? the alternative is this exact situation where someone gets accidently banned and would have stayed banned for no reason, if you can’t even take 5 minutes of time to crop a clip on your phone then just don’t be a mod at that point

this truly is an awful odyssey :fr:

1 Like

yes 100% agree like i said earlier no reason to leave a abusable bug in game, unless your just fishing for people to tempban :neutral_face:

this whole thing is really unacceptable
the mod team def needs a good combing and maybe even punishments for false bans

1 Like

i genuinely have no idea how you can watch a clip and ban the WRONG PERSON the incompetency is off the fucking charts

not just the wrong person, how can you ban the PERSON WHO SENT THE REPORT??

5 * (assumed 100 tickets) 100 = 500 mins / 60 = 8.33 hours spent editing videos per hour of tickets (this assumes everyone asks for clips of their ban ig)
rarely any roblox game has mods that do this sadly so idk why this is expected for AO mods

or simple fix. ask the sender/when someone sends a clip ask them if they want it to be showable or not, that should knock out some.

1 Like

true but i doubt a large number of people would want their clips to be showable in this game considering how little anticheat there is
imagine saying yes to this, an exploiter sees that you’ve reported them, and then another inventory steal cheat comes along and they just hunt you down :skull:

They could just double check the 30s clip, the sender’s name and exploiter’s name but even that is too much.

mods shouldn’t half ass tickets in the first place?