Put your spiciest PVP opinions here

it’s not that a lightning conj loses to a metal mage, it’s that they really shouldn’t expect so much out of their magic. Lightning conj is good, but not for being an aoe demon I’d think. I mean, I was agreeing with the dude I replied to (a month ago) anyways, that lightning conj needs some skill to land shots with and crap.

he’s not wrong, acid conj makes your moves so slow, and the modifiers in general just nerf your moves. you use a small magic, all your attacks are tiny, you use a slow magic, have fun running 100+ attack speed just to have the speed of warriors uninvested

PvP as it stands is just not fun right now unless it’s matches against friends, and it hasn’t been fun outside of that lol

(Prolly not a spicy opinion but wtf do I know?)

1 Like

imo parrying pilgrammed gives u too much time to parry, i never had problems parrying, while in AO not a lot of attacks give u time to parry are mostly based on predictions, unless u have some god reactions

My hot take (slightly biased):
The damage nerf of boxing on this update was completely unjustified. Boxings damage was already low beforehand, and now it’s just worse.

Did this age well

2 Likes

Nothing would change pvp sucks.

Pvp in arcane odyssey is inherently bad. Let me explain to you why. First off, the balancing team obviously works for mobile games. All they can think of in their little peanut brains is an endless buff/nerf cycle. Also, they buff their own builds and nerf builds they have trouble against. Not only that but they are entitled discord moderators as well. Lol. “But you still havent explained why pvp is bad” you might say. Well first of all, the biggest problem with pvp is lag as different regions have varying levels of ping and currently if your not in server thats close to where you live your pvp performancr will be shat. Also, its heavily reliant on parry, block and dodge. Buy you still might say " but pvp still requires skill" have you ever seen a [insert meta build relevant in current time frame here]. So there. Pvp in ao is so trash joe mama looked at it and died.

This is a satirical copypasra and not intended to insul anyone.

I don’t think this is a spicy opinion but with dodge reflex implemented Snare is objectively the best grab move there is currently. (And the easiest, I could not miss Snare, if used correctly obviously, even on 2nd magic)

How does one use snare? Mine never seen to land

Use it right after or before they use a skill, if your magic has a large size Snare is NOT going to miss, ever, but my glass magic (2nd magic) does just fine on it’s own snare.

It’s usually done by dodge reflexing into the enemy that’s casting the skill and instantly using snare. Tbh this is applicable to all grabs but unfortunately berserker rushdown is gutted never seems to land any grabs for me.

Snare’s a free hit honestly.

Meanwhile my snare missing when my opponent is literally hugging me:
Meh it’s probably just lag anyways but still makes me angry

All of that will be irrelevant if thr pvp won’t be forced and then everyone happy :clap:

I’d say that lag is the biggest problem, but not because of different regions’ varying ping, but just because the ping itself is pretty bad even when in a server close to your home. In US servers I’ve never been able to pvp without 100 ping, with spikes of 200 that makes dashing just not exist.

How do you follow up snare? Double beam? Pulsar? Blast? Etc

Generally the snare launches the enemy forward so in this instance you should follow up with a blast but with if the opponent is agility based (teleport dodge) you can opt for Pulsar or Double Beam.

I just use Pulsar to follow up with Snare mainly due to the fact I don’t actually pay too much attention on how the enemy moves (I focus on aim more) and Pulsar is just a better but slower blast which can deal an extra 100 damage before dealing the blast damage. But I still recommend Blast because it’s just way more reliable.

You can also follow up with Surge because you have a short grab immunity and with that you can throw the enemy off or a Self Explosion if your AoE is big enough and has debris/particle effects that can essentially blind the enemy disabling him to punish your self explosion end lag.

EDIT: Oh actually since your a Conjurer you might as well change your Snare animation finisher to one where it sends the enemy down and use a Pillar Explosion followed up by a weapon throw/flying slash/piercing gale/flying phoenix or whatever. I forgot you can change how you throw your enemy off with snare (I’m ending it here I’m literally derailing the topic)

Infamy gain from multiple players ganging up on a single target should be reduced in order to discourage ‘gank squad’ type gameplay.

Im not conjurer anymore, but thanks for the tips

Colossal Cutlass my beloved :heart:

2 Likes

idk if its spicey or anyone shares the same sentiment. but the skills made for the game arent made with the current/changing state of pvp in mind. With dodge reflexes out now, the best/most important to have skills are going to be the ones that move the player whilst dealing damage. the fighting style builds are the biggest offender with stuff like uppercut, selino and crash.