Put your spiciest PVP opinions here

well of course, they ARE whales after all.

1 Like

using multiple weapons doesnt look cool

also this game needs more ground-based combat, I havent seen a fight go down without at least a highjump or some sort of upward dash being used. overall, mobility + aoe should get nerfed to make islands feel bigger and stuff.

also also the combat system + graphics needs to be updated a little more to get out of that timeperiod in roblox when ā€œelemental battlegroundsā€ and ā€œarc of the elementsā€ was a really popular thing, it feels outdated

1 Like

ooh, that is indeed a spicy take :fire: :fire_magic: :magma_magic: :

Encouraging PVP in this game was the worst thing Vetex did

3 Likes

Spicy. Real Spicy.

Lmao yeah probably horrible wording for a post but what i meant with ā€œencouraging itā€ is by making some other system rely on it rather than let it be its own thing.
Kinda just came from reading a lot of posts complaining about the deckhand system

Oh no, I wasnt talking about you. I was talking about Noodles

On the topic of your post, I donā€™t think Vetex wanted PVP to be the centeral aspect. Vetex did say himself that he wanted AO to not be PVP focused unlike his other games (See AA).

Oh, okay thats my bad then, i didnt see the ā€œReplied toā€ part of the post because im still new here. ^^;

Also yeah, im aware that this isnt Vetexs intention, but what his intention on this is doesnt matter when his design decision contradicts his take on this like locking Deckhands behind renown or have something thats essentially a PVP turn off button locked behind the potion system which is a ressource investment (speaking about love potions) while theres no other alternative.

1 Like

To be fair to him, he still wants PVP to be a thing in AO.

Ignoring the deckhands, I think he handled it pretty well

want something spicy?
arcane adventureā€™s PVP was never good
and by Ploxy World of Magic PVP was bad
and now so was Arcane Odyssey (itā€™s even worse due to the small islands and lack of cover)

PVP needs to be tossed into a box and left there as a side mode
PVP would have a reward and is itā€™s called ranks that are already in the game
the only reason ranks feel bad is the BIG GAP you need at least 1M to even be in the top 100
that 20-50 times the avg player
(btw if your reading this you NOT THE avg player you the 1% that plays this game)

now the spiciest of all PVP opinions:
Vetex sucks at PVP gameplay and needs to stop making it
He knows more about game dev than me sure
but sure has hell i didnā€™t have any fun with the PVP unless itā€™s duels

1 Like

Good on some aspects, bad on others. Even as a non-Pvper i dont think stuff like the Love potion should exist because again- its a ressource investment for something that imo shouldnt be a ressource investment and also very casual unfriendly as long as its the only option available

Also this kinda strays from the posts purpose since its not neccessarily about PVP and is probably a bit of a cold take actually but I think Vetex shouldve rolled out Gemcrafting max proficiency levels gradually rather than release them all at once.

Now theres 2 types of people, those that maxed out all their stats and therefore go bounty hunting against people who stand no chance because they dont have the same level of investment because theyre getting hunted by someone who has 600 additional points of HP worth of stats.

I wouldnt mind if we only have gotten access to max level jewels once the second awakening comes out

In a general sense, like moving outside of pvp, I disagree. Itā€™s not really fun, just personally, to have to spend a crap ton of time moving around for one thing.

I kinda agree with this, I never played WOM when it was popular because it looked like an elemental battlegrounds clone from the thumbnail.

1 Like

real.

real.

fake?

Combat does feel like a dragonball shounen sorta delio, they even have Focus and Aura much like a super saian transformation to prepare for a fisticuffs battle on endurance. There isnt much strategy involved and its completley based on aoe on whether or not you make those hits, unless youā€™re a sniper.

Hopefully the community suggestions can help with guiding the game outside of that sort of design philosophy and towards better pvp. The balancing team has done a good job at making it pretty square to make no outright busted instakill builds like what pulsar used to do.

again he needs to put PVP in a box as a side move for now because it just doesnā€™t work/help the game right now more than anything itā€™s hurting the game

aka balancing team is doing something: but the fact is balance takes away time better used for faster updates so STOP doing put PVP in side mode and wait till there are a PVP/balance update

i really think the pvp combat in arcane odyssey does not do it any services at all
everything about the game is really fun, from the anime style spectacles to the worldbuilding to the lore to the ship and character customization

except for the combat

the combat polarizes people, encourages really shitty interactions between players, is horribly unbalanced, strongly favors several hours of grinding for random drop items, and promotes these god-awful ā€œfreak of the weekā€ meta builds thatā€™ll be reduced to atoms in the next update anyway

dude, actually, can we talk about how fucking laughable the combat really is? historically in aa and wom, the combat was just ā€œhit t, then hit qā€. thatā€™s all it was! do that over and over and over again until someoneā€™s HP dropped to 0. and thatā€™s all it still is. the only fundamental difference between aa/wom combat and ao combat is that the troglodytes have learned to highjump sideways

the fact that all your momentum comes to a complete stop when you cast a spell is just miserable too. i know why itā€™s there, itā€™s to prevent players from running into their own projectile on accident. but thatā€™s a justification for shitty game design, not an excuse

my hot take is that anyone who plays ao for the pvp experience is a fucking clown, and their main act is deluding themselves into thinking theyā€™re playing a complex and fun competitive experience

if aoā€™s gameplay focus was on its side content rather than its combat, it would be a phenomenal game

Polearm weapon type on Top :speaking_head:

actually according to vetex, all attacks lock you in place for them to be punishable

1 Like

yes, i agree, warrior when the game went in early access was the S/A tier that people think of when talking about warrior