Pvp is more skill dependant than before

Everything u said there is true, and my whole point is pvp does take skill especially for atk spd users. Were getting a new pvp arena at nimbus most likely will be larger. So what im saying is if u want to beat sweats who practice hundreds of hours pvping u got to make a build thst requires more skill and is rewarding of that.

2 Likes

nah there is truth to this, but competitive gaming is a unique experience man I don’t regret the time I spent playing this game. And no one who’s actually dedicated a lot of time pvping will say AOE takes skill…

I’m usually against these jokes because it’s unoriginal and everyone makes them but you really deserve this for how delusional this thread got

1 Like

i run my own businuess and net a decent amount of money my first year into it…

bait_sucks5

Deviable

>identifies bait
>takes it
Screenshot_20231208_153052

Im just saying

Yap Expansion: Infinite Ramble…

Ur ignorant

idk why yall are shitting on him, he’s right
from my experience as a leaderboard player and avid pvper, pvp is so much more skill dependant and fun than before

yes there’s the problem of dark sea builds being a pain to grind for which i somewhat agree with, but that’s like saying pvp isn’t skill based because a level 125 could beat a level 50. you have to compare people at equal builds

i see a lot of ppl complaining about reflex dodges but you have to remember that you also have a reflex dodge. instead of talking about how people can just reflex away or reflex to gapclose easily, why don’t you use your reflex to continue pressuring them or to dodge their attacks. it’s an even playing field with reflex with both sides having equal opportunities to dodge / attack

1 Like

anime ahh seeming fighting

Thank you bro, i think the problem is people arent used to playing games that require an actual thought process to play… AO is definitly thought provoking and has alot of depth to it… i hate how alot of big youtubers were shitting on the pvp with out even asking the community about the problems they were running into.
Forexample osykuu makes a fake apology video complaining about ppl running away from him durinh hunts but doesnt ask any one how they succesfully hunt people… had he done that and asked a experienced player how the game workd he would’ve found out a out about slowgels…

Its fustrating because people like him who have a platform should be held accountable for making disengenuine and ignorant reviews like he did. AO has a great and lively community even after alll that turmoil but still i want to see more justice for ao cuz it deserves more praise then it gets.

the PVP is fun but it is definitely not more skill dependant… are you playing the same game as us? I can give you so many examples on how this game has progressively gotten less skill dependent with each major update
of course, skill still can triumph over AOE demoning, but the point still stands

that’s not true at all lol, this completely depends on whether or not you’re good at the game. For an experienced player that is good at PVP, attack speed is ALL reward and no risk. Put attack speed in the hands of a casual and what you said is correct, but in the context of a person that actually does do PVP, this is just completely wrong

…what was the point of this?? this is kind of just contradicting your own point, using high agility and high atkspd isn’t skilled- it’s just pre-nerf thermo warlord

i agree with most of this, but i disagree with the fact that it’s getting better. Eventually we’ll reach a point where ultimate arts will start one shotting people. 170~ power builds with no drawback or insanity are possible, and things are just getting more and more hectic in terms of balancing

you could say it’s more skill dependant in the fact that you actually have to fight against these things, but that’s not what skill dependant means. Skill dependant means you need skill to win. That’s wrong. Have you ever fought a thermo or iron leg berserker with 2000 HP, dealing 200 damage not including DOT? A warrior with 1700 HP and still managing to have a 250 dmg flying slash? Sailor Warlords can have 1500 HP and use a Focus to deal 300 damage with an uncharged shot.

And then there’s Dense Rapier. I use dense rapier in all of my builds and I can tell you right now that it is literally just brainless to use, especially with a teleport reflex. Dodge reflex, shining cycle, then dodge reflex away. Rinse and repeat, and boom you just beat half of the PVP playerbase. The other half would punish that, but those are only players that have had to get even better at the game to compensate for these easy shortcuts that other players can take.

You don’t need skill, you don’t need effort, all you need is a busted build and the game becomes Blox Fruits- press one button and you win.

“Experienced player who’s played the game” think about what u just said… “this completly depends on whether or not your good at the game” bro i cant tell wt ur disagreeing with me about when you say this elaborate on these statements because u just proved my point.

yeah the PVP did get more fun due to the reflex, but I’m just saying it didn’t get “more skill dependant”

this is only looking at a skilled vs skilled interaction, not build vs build which is what AO is really starting to turn into. I only have one sunken warrior item, and so I have to take into account the stat difference as well as the skill difference in a fight. Of course, I can still beat a 2000 HP warrior or berserker with skill, but I have to put in WAY MORE EFFORT than if I had the same quality of build as the enemy did.

builds will never be equal, and not everyone wants to spend their time on arcane odyssey playing fishing simulator to keep up with the PVP game.

although you don’t specifically need sunken warrior to compete though, I’m just saying

how

Ur saying this game isnt skill dependant but o but u make the claim " it depends if ur good at the game"

oh I understand, lemme rephrase that

attack speed is skill dependent, but the PVP in general isn’t. If you wanted to improve your skill and beat other people with skill you’d use attack speed, but there a ton of easier ways to beat people up without skill that are actually more efficient than using attack speed