Pvp math class

it just scales differently so I bet there’s a point where it just gets redundant

so eventually it’ll just stop giving you more attack speed

I’m 13 I have no idea what this means

I think I learned a concept similar to this in economy

“law of diminishing utility”

If your saying with too much attack speed eventually it’ll stop giving you more speed, that makes sense, but I don’t see it getting “worse” or become a “negative”

@Level if you ever made a chart or anything for stat downscaling formula send rq

the more you invest, the less is returned to you. the difference between 200+ attack speed and 66 attack speed isn’t really even noticeable

the law of diminishing utility at play

again this doesn’t make sense I’m not a highschool math major or something

what

I changed my mage’s build to 93 size, so i should change something to like hard cernyx boots. right?

the law of diminishing utility in economy is a fundamental concept that describes the phenomenon in which there will be a tipping point where having so many good things will slowly give less and less of a benefit or utility until it eventually starts becoming a negative.

how

So having 100,000 HP eventually becomes negative? aight bro

or having too much attack speed makes your attacks go slower?

I don’t see a negative, I only see a cap

If you have 63 atk speed you get 63 atk speed but if you have 83 you have 63 atk speed the 20 other atk speed is worth less than a regular 20 but you still have more than 63

I give up trying to understand this

idk man this just reminded me of that

for example, you eat 1 pizza slice, it’s really yummy, and you get some utility.

you eat another, and you also get utility, but this time, you get a little less.

You keep eating pizzas until you eventually don’t gain utility from the slices because you’re getting full

and if you keep going, you’ll gain negative utility, or in other words, you won’t like the pizza.

It’s basically overpopulation: 63 is the population limit, and no more than 63 can live. Eventually 20 individuals will die so the environment stabilizes.

this is really easy to understand

when you pass 63 attack speed, attack size, agility, or intensity

you begin to get less and less from investing into the stat further

the more you invest, the less each point in the stat means

you still get attack speed from going past 63, just less for each point onward

how the actual hell does this relate in anyway to having more attack speed?

getting more attack speed should make your attacks faster and faster as you gain it, not eventually make your attacks slower and slower, or stop making it faster altogether

yeah, I give up