Pvp math class

if you have 1 atk speed over a cup that holds 63 atk speed, you overflow the cup and some of the atk speed is wasted. think of the 1 as 0.8 or 0.5 (idk the exact value) but it’s not worth 1 anymore

it’s like a parabola

you go up and up and up until you hit a maximum vertex

and then you start going down.

I give up trying to learn this because it simply makes no sense at all

think of it like having cake
having one cake is nice, and having two cakes is nicer than having one
but at some point, you will start getting less excited by larger amounts of cake
having 6 cakes is not much better than having 5
but 6 cakes is still more than 5
and by the time you have 8 cakes, you just stop caring about cake

it’s just saying

“you can have too much of a good thing”

that’s as simple as I can put it

law of diminishing utility :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

well actually it’s the law of diminishing marginal utility but meh same meaning

BUT NOW YOU HAVE 8 CAKES, even if you are tired of cake, you still HAVE cake that is edible and tastes good. And also, anything like food is obviously eventually gonna be bad after you get so much, even stuff like broccoli, but something like attack speed(doesn’t effects movement speed, only start up and speed of projectile attacks) I still don’t and won’t ever see being a real “negative”

again I give up trying to learn this it doesn’t make sense at all

look key the reason getting too much into speed is bad is basically because you’re over-investing in a stat that has like a “maximum threshold” for speed and can’t go much beyond that

so you’re just kinda losing value.

your not losing anything you just stop gaining

yes having 8 cakes is cool and all, but there isnt much difference between having 8 cakes, and having 7
at some point it simply isnt worth getting more cakes, rather than opting to gain something else instead (i cant think of an example, you do it)

you are losing though you’re wasting stats

this means “limit”, once you reach the limit, you still have the speed, but you can’t gain any more speed

wtf 8 cakes is not the same as 7 and you were the one who chose cake, any sane person wouldn’t eat 8 cakes at once or 8 cakes ONLY

if the items I have are giving me attack speed even though I’m not necessarily trying to get attack speed I’m not wasting ANYTHING

cernyx gear
carina gear
both of them give good defense and good power which is what I want, the attack speed is a nice bonus

well how much speed u getting

74 rn

I was thinking about getting 94 but the only slowness I was feeling was the slowness of 15 FPS

Think this as intensity, atk speed, agility, atk size

Think of this as power and defense

2 Likes

remember I’m 13 years old I have no idea what the actual fuck this is supposed to be