Red Dragon will save arcane odyssey

I think that the bigger issue is that he failed to make a good gameplay loop outside of PvP and failed to reach the intended target audience as a result.

This has been one of the biggest complaints about the game from day 1 to now, and while I personally enjoy the current gameplay loop, I’d have to be an idiot to say it hasn’t become a problem.

How to fix it? Not a single clue, I’m not in a position where I can easily see the issue so I don’t even know where to start.

Fuck fatalis. If you saw him it’d be reverse.

the way I see it is that Roblox games with higher levels of social interaction will succeed over ones that don’t, seeing as that seems to historically be the largest demographic to appeal to.

PvP should’ve been a slam dunk, seeing as having a good one would have added the well needed social interaction as well as content to pull people over until the next update comes. I feel like a lot of the people who played early access on release would’ve stayed if the PvP had been fleshed out properly.

Vetex fucked up by making it unpleasant both for people who partake in it and people who don’t. PvPers because the there is jackshit for them and there won’t ever be a PvP update appealing to them + The combat system is unpleasant in general (Vetex needs to go touch a Virtua Fighter or Ninja Gaidden game and come back). And for PvErs cuz they couldn’t go anywhere without getting their dick blasted off metal mage’s ultimate art blast.

Then he just ignored its issues for the longest time until he added the PvP toggle, which fixed only one of its issues (In retrospect that PvP rant seems kinda stupid, like he even acknowledges that it keeps his game alive but wouldn’t put in the effort to at least do some kind of rework???). AND HE DIDN’T EVEN SUBSTITUTE THE PVP SOCIAL INTERACTION FOR ANYTHING MEANINGFUL.

The conclusion I come to is that singleplayer/PvE focused games on Roblox rarely succeed on their own, the gameplay gained from another human being outweighs the one made by a computer and that they should have something else as a hook too. Granted PvP is just the easiest way to do so, there are other solutions as well such as Dark RP for PvErs and larpers, but PvP seems like the most obvious and least hardest way to mess up.

I agree with the thing you said about the gameplay loop, but that’s going to require some fundamental deep rooted changes. Which I don’t trust a Roblox dev with, I’d rather trust them with what they’ve historically succeeded at (Social interaction and PvP sometimes)


There are even these demographic type of trends with some games I play (Fighting game audience discourse is cancer but probably needed) so I am very experienced.

I feel like a big part of the issue on a fundamental level isn’t even part of the game innately.
Spite.

A good chunk of features feel like they were added, changed, and neglected alike with nothing else in mind.

Man, this argument isn’t even fun to read through

I personally believe that unrestricted PvP isn’t really necessary. There’s not much there to encourage it other than vanity and clan stuff. And if I’m honest with you, it’s a lot better playing through the game without constantly needing to watch your back and check the player list for a high renown/bounty player.

I feel like the chat restrictions ended up affecting social interactions a whole lot more than pvp toggle. Like, you straight up can’t talk normally without doing the age-verification (and lets be honest, a whole lot of people really don’t want to do it). It genuinely made the game feel a lot more empty than it was before.

  • open world pvp is currently plagued by absolutely nothing but pot spam
  • small boats and poorly thought out underwater mechanics make any fight on ocean miserable
  • certain areas are disproportionately affected by terrain destruction, interfering with pvp
  • zero pvp level range restrictions

until these issues all get addressed, sorry not sorry you’re straight up just wrong

if there’s anything to blame, it’s fleets for letting people just bypass pve. the idea was probably to get people into arena/ely but as it turns out most people are more into good pve progression than getting to skip it entirely to pvp, since if i wanted that i would just go play an arena fighter

ragebait levels of idiocy on display in this thread

maingame pvp was barely tolerable at best even pre full release. post full release, ccu might be like 50 if everyone was vulnerable to the absolute fuckfest people are running today.

still have no idea how unstable supernovas havent eaten nerfs

"Yes, I do think that at any point of the game, you should have a randomly generated chance of getting molested whenever you’re trying to do something important. And if you don’t like it, you should also be forced to go to a Navy NPC every two hours or so, to have REDUCED chance of that happening.
And just one more thing, All Newbies Who Even Think Of Touching Ravenna, MUST be molested a thousand times more to progress the game."

Open world pvp would be beneficial if reworked. There are too many pros

i do agree to some extent, overworld pvp would be a LOT better if there were less glaring issues

however, i also think that involuntary pvp and linear rpg progression is something that, at a fundamental level, does not pair well together, since how well one does in pvp is very dependent on how far one has progressed in pve. people who have already progressed can end up bullying players who still need to progress and in the process waste their time that could’ve been spent progressing further to get to a point where they actually have a chance

i think specific zones that aren’t just arenas like munera can have pvp, but most zones shouldn’t, and the ones that do should have exclusive rewards that aren’t super good gear or anything but more just like cool collectables, conveniences, maybe cosmetics and whatnot

nearly all of which can be progressed in PVE

optional origin (which according to a poll, most people only use for void heart utility rather than pvp)

optional game mechanic

optional game mechanic

they’re right though since they specified for the core gameplay loop

deepwoken is a PVE game at heart, with PVP for the majority of replayable content

every player HAS to pve, not every player has to pvp, and this fact is true for arcane odyssey as well (even more so since pvp toggle exists)

“source?”
“my source is i made it the fuck up”

oh yeah I should probably bring this up since this guy decided to start trying to pull statistics and “literally” on me.

its closer to 90% of the community not doing pvp than 90% doing it lol.

I keep forgetting I did this and it got a load of traction for a week so we were actually able to get some good data on how players interact with the game and what people do/don’t like.

These are only the statistics from formers which are not a large enough portion of the ao community to be Fully arrcarate.

they werent even saying its 90% of the community doing pvp, im pretty sure they were saying 90% of the community uses macros in pve :sob:

A bit late to say this, but just use auction my guy. Just do the activity you actually like and sell the valuables from that on the auction for money

got a full sunken set purely off of auction selling, alongside a bunch of seasonals and other things. I have not played much since the drachma inflation (~60 hours) but you can still get a sunken within a reasonable amount of time without fishing/abyssal diving.

(also if you somehow dont enjoy ANY pve despite it being a large part of the game then i dont know what to say. Just earn money through wagers then since you can earn that doing pvp)

just arcane your odyssey man, just dont gank pve players if you cant itch your ass.

oh yeah they were, whoops, well that’s even more stupid lol.