Reviewing your suggestions for AO!

My anti magic faction suggestion.

thatā€™d have to be lore related and there had to be some kind of reason why they wouldnā€™t like magic right?

To be fairā€¦ Magic does more harm than good!

So you want to review it?

yep need to see everything about it to criticize

while i agree with this, i also think there should be a pve equivalent to infamy called glory so that there can be clans who work for pve activities so that they can have access to the clan building update in the future or just get a bigger clan bank

i can elaborate if wanted

Custom shaders that can be turned on in the settings, this would never happen but Iā€™d love to see it. (I miss roshade before byfron, when it was a thing it made ao look incredible)

That would be cool if there was seperate pve and pvp stuff for clans.

would be cool for the pvp related things to be ā€œvalorā€ and infamy being soley from islands, taking away the island capturing thing ( sick of being in dark sea and seeing your island is being captured )

could be something in the long term, can this no longer be done manually?

nope, without use of an injector, which are often used to download exploits, byfron just blocks it.

I think later on Sunkens will need a stat buff to remain relevant, since if its the 2nd sea and theyre already outclassed by arcanium, it doesnt bode well for the 4th and onwards seas. Thatā€™s later down the line though I suppose

Pretty certain vetex already nerfed the stat benefits of certain arcanium sets such as iron, sunken items also have the benefit of having a stupidly high upgrade cap when compared to regular items

By all means there will be points where sunken is just outright outclassed itā€™s just that itā€™ll always have the potential to be viable when compared to other items

Thats fair enough. Though Sunkens having no level cap doesnā€™t really mean much when once one set hits itā€™s level cap generally another set thats the exact same but with a higher level cap becomes available.

For example Iron armour ā†’ Deluxe Iron armour. Iron ends at level 100 and deluxe iron starts at level 100, so sunkens having no level cap really only means you can keep the same item and not have to get another.

Honestly I wish sunkens die off, they are just an item thatā€™s required if you want to make a viable build but are locked behind that god awful fishing ā€œmechanicā€ or some traders who will make you suck dick to get it

I doubt sunkens will ever truly go out of favor in build since you have to spend a large chunk of time/scales to get them

They will if they get outclassed by a normal item

More warlord (and sometimes savant) specific weapons!

Anchor

Anchor (rusty variant, iron variant)
A heavy anchor which can be swung around with great strength.
(basically a strength version of the morning star)
Unique attack: Tornado;
The user spins around while holding the anchor outwards, causing a tornado to appear around the player, dealing continuous damage in an area. Holding down the button extends the duration of the attack. The player can move while casting this, but only at 30% their regular speed.

Greatbow

Greatbow (only 1 variant)
A large bow which requires a large amount of strength to wield.
Basically a normal bow, but the reload time is higher and it has higher damage and attack size.
Unique skill: Great shot (replacing the regular bowā€™s quick shot skill or whatever itā€™s called)
The user puts a large arrow on the bow and charges up their next shot. The longer the user has charged the arrow, the faster itā€™ll be and the more damage it will do. Uncharged arrows deal 0.8x damage and have 0.75x speed, while fully charged arrows deal 1.1x damage with 1x speed.

Hand cannon

A cannon which is small enough to be wieldable by a person. Some genius thought it was a good idea to do that.
Basically a strength version of a musket
The user is able to either select a specific cannonball to fire, or select the default option which costs coconuts to fire.
Using this weapon without having the required strength for the first skill causes the player to take 15% of their total hp in recoil damage.
It also just uses the regular musket moveset, but with cannonballs instead.
Imbueing it with cannonfist increases the velocity of the cannonballs fired.

Hand ballista

A large crossbow which costs a lot of strength to wield effectively, delivering huge damage to anyone struck.
Basically the flintlock of strength weapons
(1.15x damage, 1.2x size, 0.75x speed)
Has basically the same moves as the flintlock, but with arrows instead of bullets.

2 Likes

time to elaborate:

glory is gained from all ways of gaining infamy except for killing other players or taking islands, and infamy gains are adjusted:

turning in sealed chests and finding buried treasure now gives you as much glory as they currently give infamy, and their current infamy gains are halved
islands passively generate half of their infamy gains as glory

it requires less glory to rank up than it does infamy, and under no circumstances can a clan lose glory, bank levels and most structures in clan building should be tied to glory, very little to nothing should be tied to infamy so that it can join renown as the pvp stat (while also being generated over time by all clans to make sure that thereā€™s always a source for others to potentially take)