Reviewing your suggestions for AO!

karate fighting style

I know I posted this on my other socials a while ago, but Iā€™m putting it here because I donā€™t have suggestor or anything (and I donā€™t even know if this kind of suggestion would be allowed there but ehhh)

Dark Sea island biome: color pools
A completely gray island with tiny puddles/pools of bright colorful liquid, you can collect the color from them in bottles and dye your armor with it (would work similarly to enchant scrolls, you click on the item in your inventory and it lets you select the item to color). If you step in the color pools, your entire character gets lightly tinted that color for a while, it washes off eventually though of course

1 Like

doubt itā€™d get added with how laggy itā€™d make things

i only see this working with the crystal islands and the crystal powder rubbing off on you

feel like basic combat is supposed to be like it would be nice for another full physical fighting style though

Anorexfist

The whole jist of the fighting style is that you starve yourself to the point where your knuckles become blade-like, causing sharp, quick pains in your foesā€™ body.

0.8x size (makes sense since your arms are tiny)

0.75x damage (you canā€™t pack a huge punch due to malnourishment, duh)

0.9x speed, goes up by .005 for every point of hunger you are missing (ex: 100 hunger = 0.9x speed, 50 hunger = 1.15x, 0 hunger = 1.4x speed
The main appeal comes from the stun it gives, no synergy needed

PAINED
The stun procs when the FS user does 20% or more of the targets health, while also having below 10 hunger, requiring you to charge it up almost every single time you want to stun

The target is stunned for a whole 1.3 seconds (imo might be a bit much considering it has a low damage window), longer than most current stuns, however, every time you make a stun, it takes away 2 hunger, so you canā€™t go around spamming it.

The target makes an animation where they slouch over, clutching their abdomen when stunned.

Ive really come to like the idea with this, as it creates a very interesting dynamic where you want to eat so you donā€™t die of hunger, but also not want to eat so that if you get hunted you can fight back

id like to mention this fighting style is actually based off of me lol. Iā€™m very skinny irl and my friends tell me I could probably stab them with my knuckles, so now yk where this came from ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Iā€™m open to number changes n stuff, ion do fighting-style ideas very often.

ofc the way you get it has to be something like hunt a player down with 0 hunger

@Arrowsden thoughts on this, your concept sounds too complicated and wouldnā€™t glory be something for the pvp instead? name-wise. try and imagine what youā€™re saying in the actual game and put that against just migrating all the current pve ones to infamy and opening up valor for hunting and island stealing as a separate stat show that can be coloured based on how high

read first sentence sounds bad for people with eating disorders and arenā€™t you hurting your fists too more than the opponent fr

i like the idea of a fighting style that scales with hunger, would have to be gluttonous

its a game about magic pirates why does any of that matter

i literally said how why i may not have an eating disorder, im extremeley thin, and not super proud about it either, i understand that eating disorders are a touchy subject, but you could say the same thing about a FS that scales the mor hunger you have, couldnt that be considered offensive to over weight people?

yeah true i was just like trying to find the pro after stating the con and hunger is a bar sooo it can scale, remember the game developer has to consider the wider audience, thank you for seeing something i didnā€™t see

This is like, the first time I have seen someone openly admit that they werenā€™t thinking clearly, dang, thanks for understanding lol

Also I want to make it clear that Iā€™m not suggesting this because i want to feel represented. I could not care less about being represented in a Roblox game, I just came up with a cool concept and ran with it lol

maybe relate it more to bone structure and the karate suggestion someone suggested above, any fighting styles irl that make use of bones?

I got this whole big thing written but to simplify it,

Buff sea monsters

you do know theyre kinda crazy the further you go?

I submit myself for judgement.

idk about the dark sea monster bounty thing like good luck finding them, sharks arenā€™t like a main feature of the game as much as criminal and hero npcs are, sharks simply do what they are allowed to do and hunt for their survival and for their rightful meals, i am upset that there are no other fish for sharks to hunt other than the players too though,

i could only see this as like a quest from some random npc hidden or not maybe at mount othrys ( so much empty land there guh ), to hunt like a massive white eyes or something and bring back a drop from it maybe ( trophy ), other than that ( maybe some quest for some alchemist or brewer guy for an obulus scale so he can ā€œdisappearā€ ) other than that it seems completely unnecessary as the coding would just be disastrous and players would just splash bleed pots and kill innocent sharks.

i like the addition to treasure charts though yes idk how your other one got more votes