Should players be banned without evidence?

Continuing the discussion from Official Forum Rules and Guidelines:

Preface: This does not violate the Forum Rules, as this behavior is genuinely concerning on the part of the Arcane Odyssey Staff. As stated in Rule 10:

I would also like to state that I have nothing personal against the moderators. However, I do take exception when potential innocents get shot in the crossfire.

It is obvious that some members of the guild Suncry were in fact harassing members of the guild Crimson Crescent, and should be rightfully terminated. However, it has come to my attention that certain players, the most prominent of which being a user by the name of JK_, does not currently have any evidence supporting their ban.

First off, I would like to discuss this post by Vetex himself:

This quote in particular reminds me of the infamous political figure Joseph McCarthy, who had accused his political rivals of being communists and thusly getting them imprisoned and/or ostracized. The evidence lies within the contents of the drive, not the drive itself. Without first showing it’s contents, it can be reasonably presumed that no such evidence exists.

Next up, the post from a moderator after the closing of the Box is Banned thread:

I do agree with their first and third points, in that while our opinions should be voiced, we should also say them in a civilized manner without resorting to ad-hominem. However, their second sentence implies that they do not currently have evidence. While this may just be standard procedures, it is still not a good look for them to have banned a potentially innocent user without first having the evidence themselves.

Finally, I would like to present some counter-evidence, as posted by user the @AwesomeOS :

As seen in this screenshot, one of the victims of the harassment Vexxire (shown here under the username Velvet) had tried to protect JK_ from being moderated, presumably taken from either the Suncry or Crimson Crescent discord servers. However, it must be noted that discord messages are also easy to forge, even if there are no visible editing artifacts.

4 Likes

No, this simply means that if they have evidence to counter the evidence that was given they can just submit it.

Also, please, don’t make another topic about this, those involved will handle it.

2 Likes