Some thing you would ask god to change about humans

you aren’t making any sense

this entire topic is about what you would do if you had the chance to ask God to change one thing about all of humanity. I chose to make everyone reasonable, and that was me expanding on what might occur in a world where everyone has a general amount of reasonability(while still retaining their average personality)

1 Like

I’m saying that even if you get people to be reasonable unless there’s enforcing nobody is going to listen

do you know what reasonable means

bro
it’s god doing this

A reasonable person ENFORCES RULES ON THEMSELVES! “My teacher just uploaded a study guide for the test in two weeks. Better to do this earlier than to wait till the last second.”

and then we kill all of our competition with nukes and like this entire thing was pointless and probably environment destroyng :fr:

this is a horrible idea… :skull:

1 Like

If there’s a sign somewhere that says “no smoking”, the reasonable thing to do is not to smoke in that area. If a law says, “stealing is illegal”, the reasonable thing to do is NOT STEAL. The only situation in which such a rule would be broken is in a dire situation, where for example you’re starving to death. The reasonable thing to do is still food, who cares about the law if you’re about to die?

i actually disagree with this, i think this is morality, not reasonability

if you’re able to do something with no consequences, then you could reasonably do it as nothing negative would happen to you, even if it’s a morally bad thing to do

finally an actually good argument

well if you’re not in a dire situation and you’re reasonable you could still steal

Mika_11
Looks like I’ve read too many death game mangas…

That’s something that I didn’t think of, but I was just assuming that this is in a situation where humanity constantly evolves. If everyone were to suddenly become reasonable right now, the world would still be a better place since now there are CLEAR consequences to your actions. If we started at Y1, yeah this is a problem since reasonably there’s no law that says “I can’t hurt this person”.

no, you wouldn’t, at least not in this day and age. There are cameras everywhere, and so it doesn’t make sense to steal if you could just pay for it and not risk going to jail.

ye bec if there’s no enforcement everybody even if they’re reasonable then they’re gonna commit crimes like stealing and stuff

I already said that. If everyone was reasonable ever since the beginning of time, a lot of history would still go down the same way, that I’ll admit. But if everyone suddenly became reasonable NOW, at this moment, and going on from here, the world would genuinely be a better place.

So I guess this is more like a compromise for saying “everyone should be a good person”. There’d still be good and bad people, just now most people are aware of the repercussions of their actions and would not enact said action if they know it’s not worth the risk.

that’s morality like sock said

im asking god to change humans reproductive system

reasonability is basically making everyone smart