Sometimes it feels like im the only one who preferred the continent over the sea

Look at Vetex’s twitter. You will see questions being asked on his tweets get 5 likes, but Vetex’s responses, 50+ likes.

Anyways, are there more threads like this, I don’t care if they are made by controversial people or closed, I just need to see more arguments since there are practically none.
Only one I can see is this:

Hmmmm do rants count?

Why not?

Well if you search TGR then you can find quite a bit of rants about it along with some general opinion.

1 Like

Anyways I gotta go now.

@Pox Thank you for respectfully giving your opinion and your side instead of just bashing the other. While i’m in favor of TGR and couldn’t care less about the continent anymore, I can see why you think the way you do. Continents can be fun if executed right. Just look at breath of the wild (which I still haven’t finished), with secrets to explore and horses to ride, there is never a dull moment in that game. I’ve never played gta v online but I heard that it was fun to mess around in.

Be lets be real for a moment, Those are console games.

WoM/AO is a roblox game, and while that isn’t a very good excuse for a game to be bad (bc some roblox developers have made awesome showcase islands), it does shine some light onto why WoM’s continent wasn’t nirvana. Yes continents on roblox have been done before, but games who have done such are far and few and it is very difficult to pull off. I can only name 4 off the top of my head (WoM/Voxel Blade/Rouge/A.Rising).

As for WoM’s continent…It just wasn’t executed right. That’s why the game felt like a walking simulator to me, every time I got a 600m quest I deleted it. I just couldn’t do it.

So I don’t see the problem with vetex going back to his roots and making good detailed islands (not AA beaches) that are distinct in appearance, purpose, and biome variation. The continent just felt like filler and everything looked the same. But anyways, each to their own and I respect your opinion.

1 Like

Infamy is pretty garbage and I think vetex knows this - he just doesn’t care anymore.
Pretty much every proposed change he made to infamy has been met with vitriolic fury from someone.
There are simple, good changes that can be made, but if I had to guess vetex is sick of trying to bandaid an incomplete system and just wants to pretend it doesn’t exist until he can fix it properly. The guild update was a mistake and we’re just pretending it didn’t happen.

Also I’d like to put in a word for macobre (the useless and robotic moderator who deleted the suggestion) - we don’t make the rules, that’s done by vetex and a small handful of people near the top of the heirarchy. The staff team definitely has a lot of simps, but macobre has always piped up when they thought vetex did an oopsie.

I’d personally love to see more (civil) discussion of infamy, but we don’t get any say on what’s allowed in #suggestions.

Honestly I suspect a re-poll would be even worse - the people who hate TGR have all left. Everyone still here thinks TGR has more good changes than bad changes.

Most people have a more nuanced opinion on TGR than “it’s all awful”, but when you hate everything you’ll find everyone looks like a vetex simp. Case in point:

The story was kinda doomed to be bad because players could start anywhere on the map thanks to the culture system. That meant the story quests couldn’t involve any special locations because they might be on the other side of the continent - all he had to work with was randomly spawning named NPCs.
That doesn’t excuse how awful the prologue was, but even if vetex had tried harder he’d have been kneecapped by the culture system before he could make something actually good.

I mostly agree with your other points (and I wish vetex had tried to do more with large landmasses instead of throwing in the towel and going back to boats), but I’ll defend vetex when it comes to him deleting the culture system - I think that was a good move.
The culture system was what held back Magius, not the fact it was a continent. WoM was only a walking simulator because vetex gave us 700m quests before he gave us good transport. Boats aren’t going to be more fun than walking.

4 Likes

@NoBanana Beat me to it. I was going to dennounce his points as well but there’s nothing I can say now that you haven’t already lol

I agree that boats if executed wrong could turn the game into a sailing simulator, and we could (not will) be back at square 1 with the transportation issue. However, at least we get to customize and upgrade our mode of transportation and take several people with us, that’s a plus.

@DarkLordDurza Not all of TGR is doom and gloom. I don’t think you have fully read his plans, but ah well. I’ve already talked about my stance on boats, now for everything else you’ve brought up.

Let me remind you that the infamy system was community suggested in the guild hub. We created this monster without knowing how bad it would turn out, not vetex. Infamy gain is a very straight-foward thing, just kill people. How was that unclear?

Then when infamy was changed so that you couldn’t earn it from killing guildless, people got mad AGAIN. So vet won’t touch it until the building update, which will allow guilds to build structures. While I believe that the building update and the guilds update should’ve been together, I also believe the game wasn’t ready for guilds yet.

Vetex doesn’t lounge in the disc and forums and hardly ever talks in the general channel. He speaks in the forums once in a blue moon (yesterday was the most recent though). Mans works hard, up past midnight. Oh wait i’m not allowed to say nice things about him because that makes me a “simp”. Yeah whatever. Better than being an asshole. Plus if he was lazy he wouldn’t be doing tgr in the first place

And the reason why the scenery details were vague is because we asked for it to be so. There was a poll on his twitter where he asked us what he should show for the islands:

Don’t get pissed at him for listening to the community. Plus if we knew everything about the islands before they released, that would be pretty boring wouldn’t it? Plus, dawn island took him 3-4 days to make, not a month. All of the features PRECEEDING the island took a month to do.

I mean you want it, you got it…this is what tgr will turn the game into. Boats/islands/an actual good story that takes 1 month after AA on the other side of the world (WoM’s was shit)/melee combat revamp/lost spells/sea monsters/etc.

What are you even mad for?

I mean sure tgr is high risk, but you can argue that WoM was high risk as well because it took vet out of his comfort zone. Plus running 330+ reactive npcs at once pushed alot of peoples computer’s over the edge…

Mino and ex do not exist in the new game, different time period. I hate to see them go too, but their items will be compensated. Not sure with what though (why is this under the pvp tab).

I’m starting to believe you don’t interact with our community at ALL.

This isn’t true, vetex isn’t that active in discord. And when he DOES talk, it’s in tester chat.

The open betas were not focused on changing combat, so it doesn’t make sense to say that he will screw up the combat revamp based on what you’ve seen so far.

See you in 6 months when the game is alive and well.

• Infamy is pretty garbage
    Yes, it is, but Vetex plans on “fixing” it in the update by adding EVEN MORE ways to get infamy, sure, someone might get angry, but his current change encourages alt-farming; at least keep it the way it was at guilds update, it will cause the least outrage.
  • Simple, good changes
    That his useless-ass mods toss out immediately in suggestions and Vetex denounces as it doesn’t fit to his goal of the game. Simple, good changes amount to a small update at most, not a FUCKING REVAMP OF THE GAME
  • Guild Update was a mistake
    At least it kept the community busy but it could have been better, I agree on that.
  • wE dOnT mAkE tHE rUlEz
    Give feedback back to your superiors lol, oh wait, Vetex is more arrogant than a roach.
  • More civil discussion of infamy
    I would host it here but thousands of Vetex worshippers, or better yet, simpletons the tier of Onlyfans subscribers, would bombard the chat.
  • A repoll would be even worse
    Put it in the fucking game description
  • “all awful”
    It is pretty much all awful, not necessarily in what is in it but more of what it will do to the game. You think people would play a game with 3 islands or some shit? Fantastic Frontiers, AA, AR, and Tradelands is what TGR is intended to rival, but it will only present AO as inferior. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vetex desperately get attendance for his game by purchasing ads, as I said before…
  • “Story was doomed”, “Players could start anywhere”, “Culture system”
    These were again, minor inconveniences that do not necessitate a 4-month revamp of all the game. Get the story, regions, etc. done, and patch it up later. If the story was doomed from the start in WOM, then the story will have its head shot off by a double gauge shotgun before it’s even born.

So I’ve been complaining, and I’ve not been offering solutions yet.
My solution?
In 2 months,
subcontract fiverr developers to create more regions, just make it work, don’t focus on the details that much.
Stop browsing forums and discord for 6 hours of the day and work.
Work on bug fixes, accept more shit from suggestions.
Work on the story too, scrap unnecessary shit like some aspects of the cultural system and random spawn (everyone starts at Ironport), work on reducing repeatable quests but don’t spend too much time on it
Work on shit along the roads, like scenery.
Release as beta for week
Take suggestions and feedback, improve, repeat.

goodgames

Sure, infamy system was community-suggested, but a lot of nice things were community-suggested too, small things such as items, inclusive names, etc.
And if Vetex doesn’t interact with his community, what right does he have to speak about me?
Send sources too.

• What am I mad for?
    The fact that the AA story ain’t going to be continued or elaborated upon in WoM and instead we get a COMPLETELY unrelated story on the other fucking side of the world?

• Minotaur and Exiled items will be compensated
    With what? Crowns? Anyone can use alts for that, I believe. No matter what he tries to replace those items with, he shall face the most stringent opposition. Try not replacing it or something, call it a relic on the other side of the world, modify plot.

• You seriously think twitter ain’t full of simps?

Uhh…look at that fucking like ratio.

• I don’t think Vetex is shit, he’s a great developer that made many previous games, but I want him to truly make AO sequel of AA and not a clone.

I shall see you in six months when the game bombs badly.

I have much more to say.

But i’ll cease before this escalates into world war 3. <------- Yeah I couldn’t attest to that, forgive me

(also, those likes came from that fact that people are excited for mobile, is it wrong for them to be?)

EDIT:

It is a stretch to say that AO’s story will be completely unrelated. If anything’s completely unrelated, it’s WoM’s story. WoM takes place 1000 YEARS after the death of durza and all the important characters are dead or hidden somewhere. Our AA character destroyed the majority of curses too. I’m not sure what direction WoM would’ve taken it’s story in a way that would be interesting, got some pretty limiting circumstances there.

AO on the other hand, while it is on the other side of the world, takes place a month after durza is defeated. We experience the aftershock of that battle and the world is full of curses again since our AA character hasn’t started destroying them yet. World is filled with magic pollution too, which was fizzled out in WoM. We may be playing as someone else in AO, but the events of AA are more relevant, even if it is on the other side of the world.

It does suck that we will never be able to see/fight durza ourselves though…

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m sure that I read somewhere that the compensation will not be galleons. I don’t remember where I read it but I can assure you that it won’t be money, vetex is aware of money inflation anyways.

Not replacing the items could work and I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but idek how he could have it make sense. Plus it would become an exclusive item that no one else could get.

Didn’t ask, Agmar

@liu Can you check if his ip’s the same as Agmar’s? He probs used a VPN but doesn’t harm to check.

I checked earlier and he doesn’t have the same IP

Also, honestly, just drop it since he’s not doing anything provocative here beyond general edge. Which Vetex knows how to deal with just fine.

It’s gonna be harder for me to chest hunt now coz the islands aren’t going to be very big

Well, if there’s one thing we can agree on

8 Likes

Fair enough

As long as they make it cerulea or at least alalea tier I’m fine.

I’m going back to playing rell and sonny if vetex ever makes a theos like island ever again.

but then you’ll have to walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
everywhere