Suggest a new feature for the game that will instantly make you Public Enemy #1

We here at [REDACTED] are happy that you appreciate our services!

Our new Schizophrenia package will come included in the existing Insanity levels, and will get progressively worse the more mentally unstable you become!

For more information, or for customer support, simply contact us at [YOUR MIND IS A WEB WE HAVE WOVEN], and one of our support representatives should get to you shortly.

Help, I can’t stop the sales pitch speech tic. :sob:

Reminds me of a slightly less downtrodden Spamton G. Spamton.

1 Like

Now, hear me out:

What if we fundamentally changed how stats worked in Arcane Odyssey? Namely if we simplified them down a bit and also changed how scaling worked.

There’d now be two categories for stats: main stats, and sub-stats. All gear items will include one main stat, and most will have 1-2 sub-stats. The two would scale differently, with the main stats scaling based on the level of the gear, and the sub-stats always scaling to a max of 100.

Sub-stats would scale by 0.35% per point—meaning that at 100, it would cause the affected mechanics to scale by 35%.

Basically, new items would always be able to have objectively better main stats but their sub-stats will retain the same scaling throughout the game.

Main Stats

Defense

• Every point in defense increases the player’s Max HP by 1. Plain and simple.

Power

• Every point in power increases the damage of all of the player’s moves. Individual moves would get a “power multiplier” which would change how the stat affects them.
  • Blast would have a x1.0 multiplier (before accounting for individual magic multiplier), and thus would gain about 1 damage per point in power—before accounting for magic damage multiplier.
  • Oh yeah, and limb loss would be removed too.

Regeneration

• Every 3 points in Regeneration would increase the player’s regeneration by HP 1 per second.
  • The player’s base regeneration would now be (0.5% Max HP) + (Regen points). Regeneration would double outside of combat.

Energy Max

• Increases the user’s max energy by 1 per point.

Sub-stats

Attack Speed

• Increases the projectile speed of all moves utilizing a projectile. For moves which don’t use projectiles, it instead decreases the time it takes for the move to complete at half efficiency.

Attack Size

• Increases the size of attacks’ hitboxes.

Intensity

• Reduces the cooldown of the user’s moves. Only affects moves which use standard cooldowns (basically—not leaps). Most moves use a 1:1 scaling, though Ult arts use 2:1 scaling (they scale at half efficiency).

Mobility

• Increases the user’s running speed (x1), walking speed (x1.2), climbing speed (x1.3), and swimming speed (x1.3).

Agility

• Increases the user’s high-jump height (x1), dash distance (x0.8), dodge reflex distance (x0.6), and the distance traveled of moves (varies).

BOY HAVE I GOT A [completely legal] DEAL FOR YOU! FOR JUST 19,999 [KROGER] YOU CAN BE THE PROUD OWNER OF A [slightly used] BRIG!

DO I SEE A GLIMMER IN YOUR EYE? YES, THIS [completely legal] DEAL IS AN ABSOLUTE [robbery]! TAKE NO HEED AT ALL OF THE SUPERFICIAL MARKINGS ON THIS FINE SHIP. INSTEAD PLEASE PLACE YOUR EYEBALLS ON ITS [great sails] AND OUR [great sales]!

I have no idea why I did this…

7 Likes

what’s the bloody point of splitting agility? mobility is like the most useless stat here because dashes are objectively just better

encumberance

swimming speed

not an explanation for splitting agility

idk im not him im just saying a reason you would use mobility over agility

Take a look at the thread we’re in.

I’m starting to realize that the best way to bother people is to intentionally make ideas that are half good. That way, they feel more disappointed than anything.

swimming speed from jewels is now max of 10% instead of 5%
it delights half the community and enrages the other half

New storyline injury:

Mining exhaustion
You have been working in Eternal Mine for goddamn two months, i don’t think you’re okay physically or mentally.

Stats
-Stamina decrease faster
-Energy decrease faster
-Slower regeneration

This happen after u escape Eternal mine, where u have to fight calvus (it to make fighting Calvus more hellish)

1 Like

execel understood the assignment.

whenever you fight calvus he has a 1/3 chance of charging you instead of neviro knocking you unconscious and leaving neviro the fraud to fight calvus (he always dies and your file gets wiped)

Calvus has that exact attack in the fight.

It does like 300 in total, we’d be fine.

yea but tbf if you were unprepared for it it would be more powerful (lore reason to make it instantly knock you out)

Add bigger nimbus