"Surprise" environmental effects should only deal CurHP% damage

"Surprise" environmental effects should only deal CurHP% damage
effort 4.821428571428571 28 quality 4.870967741935484 31 reasonability 4.971428571428572 35

system who hurt you

7 Likes

water poisoning.

1 Like

agreed, and yeah this should really be implemented
it would cut down on the annoyance in the dark sea (i recently almost lost a run to lightning, it left me at 100 health) and it would also reduce the new player frustration from getting hit by lightning and immediately leaving

waiting for the day vetex will acknowledge this suggestion

Listen, if the system keeps bumping the suggestion then itā€™s obviously a good one.

Why does it say topic will close 6 months after last reply now? Based asf

ok who the fuck is doing that

Maybe it was changed because whoever changed it couldnā€™t figure out how to get the system to stop autobumping this, but also agreed that this should stay open a while longer? Or the system can make it so that a suggestion it has bumped enough has a longer time before it closes. Could be either.

any way the 1 day close is bullshit, it does not give the suggestion enough time to gather votes or be discussed. it should be 3 days

5 Likes

Perhaps the thread was originally posted in #game-dicussion (which has a 6 month close timer) and got moved here?

System goes hard

alright boys looks like we have 6 months until we can say that vetex never looks at suggestions

Post this as a suggestion

Itā€™s a cool suggestion
So much that even the system think it is

iā€™ll pick up on some points here so listen, lightning should be attracted to metal so your ship should be taking the hits not you on your boat and you should be getting magic energy from lightning maybe after your first awakening red lightning variant people want that too for their lightning magic, you can take cover however sometimes it lags or just straight out doesnt lose you the effect and you die anyways for water poisoning, we need some kind of cure from a plant that grows in the dark sea how does it make sense plants even grown in dark sea when they get water poisoning? do they not have immunity? can we not get this immunity from some kind of food or potion? Immunity I effect maybe from some dark sea plant high up so people have motivation to scale up high islands now and not just be like NOPE iā€™m gonna die to water poisoning with this one, when you have ARMOUR you should take REDUCED damage from lightning instead of TANKING all the damage and not losing a LIMB that just makes SENSE weapons with metal properties attract lightning, atlantean weapons no metal so equip those to avoid lightning too, encourages the use of atlantean weapons and sorry weapon users in advance but you better be wearing armour anyways, armour should be able to take multiple hits before needing repair and the jewelcrafting station maybe with that new metal ingredient and sunken elements for sunken armour however sunken armour is a different cause as lightning + water synergises this is a good idea for a new modifier unique to sunken gear obtained via being struck by lightning possibly with gems equipped that had to be crafted with sunken elements ā€œsunken name at the start for the jewelā€ possibly painite but something unique happened to it and now your sunken armour gets an electrifying or ecstatic modifier, yeah the gem thing sounds kinda dude no, how about sunken armour just tanks the lightning and doesnt need repairs or doesnt break and normal armour breaks and ā€œwth weā€™re not repairing our armourā€, you donā€™t have to sunken can tank lightning without repairs which goes well with the sunken armour lore pertaining that sunken items so far have had defence stat, hereā€™s multiple solutions to the issue at hand with a few being S tier solutions ( possibly, i need sleep )

iā€™ll pick up on some points here so listen, lightning should be attracted to metal so your ship should be taking the hits not you on your boat and you should be getting magic energy from lightning maybe after your first awakening red lightning variant people want that too for their lightning magic, you can take cover however sometimes it lags or just straight out doesnt lose you the effect and you die anyways for water poisoning, we need some kind of cure from a plant that grows in the dark sea how does it make sense plants even grown in dark sea when they get water poisoning? do they not have immunity? can we not get this immunity from some kind of food or potion? Immunity I effect maybe from some dark sea plant high up so people have motivation to scale up high islands now and not just be like NOPE iā€™m gonna die to water poisoning with this one, when you have ARMOUR you should take REDUCED damage from lightning instead of TANKING all the damage and not losing a LIMB that just makes SENSE weapons with metal properties attract lightning, atlantean weapons no metal so equip those to avoid lightning too, encourages the use of atlantean weapons and sorry weapon users in advance but you better be wearing armour anyways, armour should be able to take multiple hits before needing repair and the jewelcrafting station maybe with that new metal ingredient and sunken elements for sunken armour however sunken armour is a different cause as lightning + water synergises this is a good idea for a new modifier unique to sunken gear obtained via being struck by lightning possibly with gems equipped that had to be crafted with sunken elements ā€œsunken name at the start for the jewelā€ possibly painite but something unique happened to it and now your sunken armour gets an electrifying or ecstatic modifier, yeah the gem thing sounds kinda dude no, how about sunken armour just tanks the lightning and doesnt need repairs or doesnt break and normal armour breaks and ā€œwth weā€™re not repairing our armourā€, you donā€™t have to sunken can tank lightning without repairs which goes well with the sunken armour lore pertaining that sunken items so far have had defence stat, hereā€™s multiple solutions to the issue at hand with a few being S tier solutions ( possibly, i need sleep )

1 Like

Yup a sort of tell would do wonders, like in Zelda BOTW where you see mini lighting sparkles on your weapons before getting hit by lighting, but a bit faster ofc to keep the sense of danger (and reduced damage ofc cuz a instant strike that deals 750 dmg just aint it)

could be a notification and you get ready to block and that now reduces damage from lightning too i liked the zelda idea!

Me when I keep seeing this topic come up because the system is based: