(that) Magic Power Simulator Dev Log

Oh so it’s ssb but not

i just realized… how tf am i gonna do weapon cooldowns? should they share cooldown? no cooldown sharing at all? sharing between all moves and all types? sharing only between same type?

take note weapons share like 90% of their skills lol. also you get to have 3 weapons + 1 utility/support item at once.

should you be able to equip multiple weapons of the same base type
  • yes
  • no
0 voters
cooldown sharing?
  • none at all
  • only for same type
  • global for all types
0 voters
weapon abilities per base type

Sword

• A magical sword. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Circular Sweep
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Mana Stab
  • [V] Rush

Spear

• A magical spear. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Weapon Throw
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Mana Stab
  • [V] Rush

Halberd

• A magical halberd. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Circular Sweep
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Mana Stab
  • [V] Rush
  • [C] Slam

Axe

• A magical axe. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Circular Sweep
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Slam
  • [V] Rush

Dagger

• A magical dagger. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Circular Sweep
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Weapon Throw
  • [V] Rush

Hammer

• A magical hammer. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Mace

• A magical mace. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Greatsword

• A magical greatsword. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Circular Sweep
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Mana Stab
  • [V] Rush
  • [C] Slam

Rapier

• A magical rapier. There’s nothing significant about this, but why is its model more practical than many of the higher tier weapons?
  • Low tier

Abilities:

• [R] Full Sphere Attack
  • [T] Flying Slash
  • [G] Combo
  • [B] Mana Stab
  • [V] Rush

whats ssb? super saiyan battlegrounds?

Super smash bros. They all do silly little entrance animations.

1 Like

technical issues

im thinking if i should make the stat point cap to 900 instead of 1600 (absolute maximum) for technical reasons, especially size. no attack can go over 2048 studs in size (roblox character is 5 by default) and if an attack’s base size is too high, then the size stat might become useless after some investment for a certain move. there are also other technical issues with durability and damage. when numbers get to big on roblox, the math may start breaking (ex: numbers not adding up properly).

stat cap?
0 voters

for those who don’t know the stat point system, every 10 million total power (strength + psychic + mobility + durability), you gain 1 stat point. it’s capped at 1100 stat points. there are 11 stats to spend it on:

• Magic Size
  • Magic Speed
  • Magic Damage
  • Magic Cooldown
  • Weapon Size
  • Weapon Speed
  • Weapon Damage
  • Weapon Cooldown
  • Durability
  • Energy Efficiency
  • Mobility

you can get negative stats, at most -50. each 1 stat point is +1% more. cooldown is inverse proportional.

ngl im thinking about redesigning kalitsajor and furinsajor’s blade from something like this (head only):

to something like this:

(here’s a wip of the sajor blade redesign) (sajor to refer to both furinsajor and kalitsajor)

redesign?
  • yes (spear looks too fat but there’s room for design)
  • no (spear looks narrower but less room for design i guess)
0 voters

i just dont know if i want the sajor blades to be practical irl (shape/design) or if i should go all out on the design

also hmm, should i switch furin’s and kalit’s “glowing trace” pattern around?

endgame tmps with size minmaxer (you can barely see my character):

(btw thats actually around 716 meters in tmps verse because your character is 1.75m tall)

im working on flying slash rn and i cant decide if the slash should be horizontal or vertical (affects hitbox)

• vertical
  • horizontal
  • singular spinning
  • flurry of slashes
0 voters

this reminds me of the sun from robot 64 lol

“i have the power of the sun!!! look at me!!!”

oh yeah? well I have the power of the moon, waffle cones, and storebought strawberry flavored ice cream.

because apparently ice cream can extinguish the sun.

lmfao, also wait i think i played robot 64 before

should i make weapon throw projectiles (the weapon itself) antigravity
  • yes
  • no
0 voters

now i have another problem: for the combo skill, i cant decide if the hitbox should be the physical weapon model moving or some sphere in front/surrounding you

I’d say to use the latter. By having the hitbox be the model itself makes it much harder for attacks to connect, which defeats the purpose of a combo attack.

true (also some model hitbox registering shit) and i think i can make some weapons unique

for example, haitsenkori (the long fire greatsword) combo animation is swinging it all around you

i’m still thinking about what weapons i should add on alpha release

confirmed weapons:

• furinsajor
  • kalitsajor
  • haitsenkori
  • avolition
  • the balance* (elemental magic categorization was removed so idk how shadow and light damage now works)

unconfirmed but more likely:

• tendon acumen (i’m gonna have to make 9 models to cover all the basetypes :sob:)

do a backflip

ok i have a dilemma with some moves that rely on the actual blade hitting the enemy (circular sweep, combo)

i’m thinking if i should make them scale with attack size or not, or maybe i’ll have a physicalstudlength (the physical model’s length in studs)

should it not scale with size at all? should the hitbox be absurdly unrealistic and fucked up?

Easy answer add cool effects to the end of the blade

1 Like