The Ancient Magic dilemma

Thats how it is, thats how it works in-lore, why do you even care?

Because like half of the important characters so far have a curse. Everyone and their grandfather has a curse.

curse users are very distinctly not unbeatable.

Today we will see how a curse user can die just by a normal user!
Step one!

Yeah but, we are built different. I’m pretty sure that’s why we canonically are so strong despite learning for only like, 3 months.

Iris is doing around the same thing and she’s famous for being anomalously good at improving, I’m pretty sure we can beat sea curse users, not because of our magic, but because of whatever’s special about us.

Actually I remember seeing somewhere that death magic does indeed insta kill the target if theres a significant difference in power

We are just lvl 140, every stronger curse user is probably like 1000 or more (if we assume amelia is lvl 460 and has no curse), also 260 rivals arent a big deal so why argue about curse users?

I mean anything instakills the target with a substantial difference in power.
If you punch somebody in the face hard enough they’ll just die on the spot lol.

Maybe because curse users are influent and power people that actually have alot of impact in the Arcane Odyssey world?

very well, I concede that point, but then what about the parts where vetex says curses are just stronger than magic?

You’re right, but you know what I meant

If the curse user is stronger than the person with the death magic then they wont be insta killed

Where is it said that the curse is stronger than the ancient magic?

When vetex said that curse users are stronger than non-curse users. Next question

if theres one thing I know what vetex (I think) said or lore (I think) he did say something that some curses scale depending on what type of magic influences said curse.

Usually curses like the cloud curse are pretty under-ground but something like ancient-magic levels of curses would be stronger in everyway.

Pretty much curses are like upgrades of magic, so curses triumph all types of magic unless that said curse in underground like the cloud curse

Maybe a death magic user would win against a cloud-curse user or a mud-curse user but if fighting perhaps an inferno curse user or something like that, theres a much higher probability of the death user losing.

when curses based off the ancient magic exist

Why you gotta do my boy beringer dirty like that?

ancient magics are will always be objectively worse than a curse user of equal experience to them in terms of using their shit, even if its elemental. the curse user probably gets dunked on if they have less experience though.

one could make the arguement that any curse insta kills if its strong enough but I’d assume the death curse insta kill probably has a lower threshold

They can fly so its over

Just piss off a wind user and you too will be able to fly