The Five Worlds Chapter 8 part 2: The Request

The Five Worlds Information: The Five Worlds Information
part 1:The Five Worlds Chapter 8 part 1: The Forest Guardian

“I didn’t see something like that on him,” stated Emily helping Iggie back up onto her head.

Even if you didn’t, he probably keeps it somewhere for safe keeping. stated Naja Iguana, And we haven’t gone over reasons for me helping you. And it’s not because of the Amphithere.

“Why are you helping me then?” questioned Emily, suddenly confused.

You might think you’re special because you’re being chased by a duke, but in the eyes of dragons you are still a farm girl who holds no significance Naja Iguana responded in kind The only reason I’m helping you is simply because I want answers. Naja stood up and glared down at her, Bring me a large amethyst, a dragon scale, and a strand of wool that cannot be destroyed.

Emily suddenly felt very small with Naja Iguana looking down at her. the forest seemed to shift and Naja vanished as if a dragon that big had ceased to exist. I guess we should go try to find those materials Iggie told Emily.

“Yes, I guess we should,” Emily said still stunned by the dragon’s words.

Iggie wrapped itself around Emily’s neck and the two set off to collect the materials. If they were lucky they could ask Emily’s childhood friend Gale for a dragon scale. In Emily’s old farming village where she lived with her mother and little brother there was a dragon that frequented and brought rain. As per all sky dragons Gale was fond of children and Emily would hang out with him whenever he came down to Ellipse. It felt so long since those times, kind’ve like a fantasy world you read about in children’s books.

Are you sure we should head back to your home town? Iggie questioned Emily.

“No, I think it would hurt me to see the home I can never go back to after witnessing the Duke’s tyranny and meeting Raven,” said Emily looking up at the sky. “There was something about that man I can’t quite place my finger on.”

He wasn’t a man, Iggie replied.

“What do you mean? He looked like any other human,” Emily questioned.

The two of them walked for a little longer before Iggie replied, Humans don’t have the capability to tell when an amphithere is reading their thoughts or even the ability to block their thoughts. That man allowed me to see some information but clearly blocked all other information from me.

Another time of silence passed before Emily began, “If he was able to stop you from accessing his mind, what is he then?”

You saw his speed that could rival an air dragon on a leisurely flight and his blade was sharper than diamonds, Iggie stated, A being like that can’t be human. I’d say he is a dragon.

“I guess some dragons have shapeshifting powers so it is possible,” Emily replied while looking distantly into the forest, “Why would a dragon serve the king?”

I have no idea, next time you see him you can ask, Iggie replied.

“I guess we should begin looking for the items Naja wants. A large amethyst, a piece of indestructible wool, and a dragon scale,” Emily listed off on her fingers.

The amethyst and dragon scale are simple, but where can we get indestructible wool? Iggie inquired.

“I know! We need to take a strand of wool from a bumblefloof!” Emily exclaimed excitedly, scaring off a couple birds.

How do you plan on getting it? Iggie questioned.

“Well we’ll figure it out when we get there,” Emily stated.

Iggie and Emily set off into the forest with a plan. Getting an audience with a king would take months if not years on their own, and every second they wasted was a second the duke had to capture them

Should I work on…
  • The next two chapters
  • Background stories for Hawk and Emily

0 voters

2 Likes