⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ A Magical Light!

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Friday, May 20, 2022 (US)

Refer to the table of contents on the right to navigate sections of The Odyssey Feed.

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Firebugs

Composed by Lena Raine

:scroll:

The Hook!

Heya there :wave:! This is Cryonical, and this anchor we’re going to be submerging ourselves once more into the Arcane Odyssey trello! And we’ve got quite a bit to cover, so let’s not waste any time and get straight into it!

First of all:

Definitely interesting. As far as I remember, part 42 was the last place in the story we left off. Or was it :thinking:? I don’t remember. But soon, it’ll be completeable! You’ll see. And more dialogue is always good!

Swiftly moving on to v1.9.45, which has some hype things for us to witness. Going bottom to top :drum:!

Number 2 and 3, we have some improvements to magic circles. We not only have better effects :fire:, but their brightness depends on magic. This means that the shadow circle is actually darker :mariomug:! Will totally be noticeable.

And now, as you can see, a new island named “Sailor’s Lodge” has been added. Well, what’s so special, you say? If you theoretically didn’t actually read the entirety of the image above, then you wouldn’t know it’s the next spawn/story island :pogger2:!

Part 42 of the story is named after this island’s name, which might mean you’ll spawn here after completing it :flushed:. And we can see that NPCs reside here as well, which could very well mean it’s a town island! Last time we had a new spawn island was the addition of Cirrus, which was… how long ago :sleeper:?

Some of this info about Sailor’s Lodge was taken from v1.9.46, which is right up next :point_down:!

I won’t be posting all of the versions in a style like this, so don’t worry. But we’ve got things to do :hourglass:!

Skipping over the things i’ve already told you, we have some magic improvements :crystal_ball:! First, once again, we’ve got a few magic circle improvements. We love to see it!

Right under this, we find ourselves looking at something quite interesting… the tier of a spell shows under each spell :eyes:. Every normal spell is “Basic”, to be expected. Of course, lost spells would be higher tier, but it’s cool to wonder about what kind of spells and tiers could be implemented :nod:. All the spell descriptions have been changed, as well.

Next, Mode has been renamed to Aura, which I think is more appropriate and magical :ok_hand:.

Now we have some changes to how the magics appear in the “choose a magic” interface. Not only has the interface itself been improved and better formatted :mariomug:, but all of the magic descriptions have been changed! I’m not actually sure if it refers to this magic description or the one that shows if you hover over your magic in your item select bar :fr:.

The last but not least feature for this version is the removal for animation altering for multi-beams/blasts. While this unfortunately means I can’t have alternating punches for a fire multi-blast, what it DOES mean is that I can do a sick Emperor Palpatine cosplay :zap:.

But after this information, it states that it “Will not fit with how the amount option will be after it’s changed.” It looks like we might have some more magic changes in store :eyes:!

Well, uhh, speaking of that :mariomug:

That’s right (not left). Version 1.9.47 brings some quite incredible changes to magic circles once more! Your magic punches, claps, stomps, and anything else will have spot on timing, and magic circles will have much more accurate positioning :boom:. On top of the new magic circle improvements recently, fights are gonna look even better than before :poggers2:!

Last of all, we end with some screenshots from Vetex’s twitter :eyes: Most things we already knew, but here are a few notable exceptions;

This first screenshot we see that the infamy system will be revamped. While we already knew this, I thought it was slightly more vague than the others :face_in_clouds:.

We’re already aware that NPCs don’t move around (They do have animations, though :ok_hand:), but here vetex says it could be a possibility it is done in some way in the future. Though this seems exciting, do note that this is probably unlikely to happen, as it was removed for a reason that could be difficult to circumvent, and if so it would be very far down the line :nod:.

NOW the very last thing :drum:

Roblox has actually tweeted showcasing an image from Arcane Odyssey :flushed::ok_hand:! Finally, a gem in the landfill of Roblox’s usual posts. Of course, this doesn’t stop people from calling it a Sea of Thieves clone, but this has gotta be a really cool thing for our favorite game dev :heart:.

You can talk about it here :nod:

That’s it! CCCCYA! :wave:

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Get your own mugshot here!

Posted by @JTN

The continuation has arrived, with a much funnier title :mariomug:! On this topic, simply post your Roblox username and JTN will give you a cool graphic of your avatar. If you don’t believe it (I’m not sure why you wouldn’t) just look through at what they’ve already done :fire:. Get your avatar dripped out!

:art:

Arcane Art!

Arcane Rainbow

Created by @BNTarwarn

Have you ever looked up at the sky and seen a rainbow? Have you ever gazed upon it and wished “I wish the colors were Arcane Adventures characters :thinking:?” Of course you haven’t, so BNT has done it for you! Look upon this colorful character cast with wonder! There’s even an exclusive picture of my brain on the bottom right :flushed:!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

Bitter Memories

Written by @butteredjelly

Hey, VSauce, Michael here. King David Silver is a hero… or is he :face_with_raised_eyebrow:? One look at this tale and it’s clear he’s not the noble king he seems. And when he finds out about a sole survivor from an attack with life magic, things get a bit darker. This was really neat, despite the fact it was literally the only one I had to choose from :mariomug:.

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Derp! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Fish”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

The further I travel, the more value I gain.

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

Arcane Odyssey Trello

Vetex’s Twitter

https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum

Arcane Odyssey Media Drive (By Flare)

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ozXVVCx0H-2Jld7cuD9_mjgafPixLt0x?ths=true

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

Discord Server coming soon maybe :mariomug:

16 Likes

I made it into the feed :frcryin:

1 Like

crate
box
trade
black mar-

1 Like

cargo? i recall the trello saying that the cargo or whatever it was called that you get from shipwrights can be sold for higher prices the further away that you sell it from the starting point

2 Likes

Got it :nod:

1 Like

nice

1 Like

Am I late? Also I always wounder bout mode (now aura) that would it be op or like a slight buff in power. Or would it be a lost spell. Found it strange as well since it’s just there

1 Like

Well Iron Magic Defence Aura gives like 54% more hp apparently, but it probably will be pretty useless in PvP and good in PvE imo. This is just a guess and can be wrong though

1 Like

F U C K .

1 Like

when will my art get featured?

also does it have to be AO related?

1 Like

in 69 years

I think? I doubt the mods care tho.

1 Like

For the art section, two criteria have to be met:

1. In #art

2. Was posted after the last anchor

my reaction

I really need to draw more AO memes and stop redesigning my robot OC thing, I’ve gone from defunct protogen to wolf hybrid abomination and now we’re on the bird stage.

1 Like

man this is like a rabbit hole!

okay so I guess I gotta make AO art to apply for artist, THEN post in art, THEN GET FEATURED SO MY ART THREAD CAN GET MORE ATTENTION

sheesh

1 Like

Doesn’t always have to be for attention my dude, I make ToF for fun and you should make art for fun too

okay thank you for wisdom.

I guess I should not have to worry so much about attention I mean I already have a decent small audience of a smiley face, a doge, and some num num numster.

but seriously I need to make AO related art

1 Like

and I write for fun

1 Like

I want a story about a magic wooden spoon ples so I can read myself to sleep with it :pleading_face:

1 Like

No.

1 Like

write me a story about among us

1 Like