⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Gone Camping!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Friday, October 1, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

Rude Buster
By Toby Fox

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Rude Buster - YouTube

:scroll:

Trello News!

Welcome, all to the newest anchor of the Odyssey Feed! We have WAY more to cover than last time, so you’ll want to stay tuned ‘till the end! I obviously got a million humongous sponsors on this anchor. Not clickbait :scream:!

How’ve you been doing :thinking:? Math has been difficult for me in High School, but i’m sure that will pass eventually.

Anyways, let’s get into this one!

The first thing we have to look at is some extra added information to the “Bounty” card on the trello. Take a look;

Trello

It seems there’s a new system called Bounty Hunter rating, which goes up and down with your successful or unsuccessful endeavors to obtain another player’s bounty. I will become the greatest bounty hunter on my second file, I promise :sleeper:!

It also seems there are some NPCs you can hunt, which wouldn’t decrease your bounty hunting rating, and, according to Vetex, might be a decent way to get a quick buck. And possibly some exclusive items or an armor set from having a good Bounty Hunter Rating :poggers2:?

In other words, a new quest has been added to Palo town, bringing the total up to 2, and NPCs have also been added. But not only this, you can buy the previously unobtainable Bronze Rod there. The level requirement has also been lowered to 30. More fishing for me!

Also, a new wilderness island named Sandfall Island has been added. Actually, this isn’t a big surprise. We heard about it earlier. Go a few anchors back or scroll down far in the trello and you might find it!

Saw the cacti on that one Wilderness Island with the waterfalls leaked a while back? Those cacti can now grow a fruit named the Prickly Pear. Please refrain yourself from eating the spikes (Maybe peel it first?) :hungry:.

I feel happy with the next change, a trail given to players moving at high speeds. My 4th file has a maximum speed build, so this is a job for me :muscle:!

See this image :arrow_down:?

It’s a map of the First, Second, and Third seas from Arcane Reborn. Do you see that big stone wall bordering them? That’s called a rift, and it’s an easy separation tool for seas.

Why am I bringing this up? Because one has been added to the north of the Bronze Sea. We’re not sure what purpose it serves yet, but certainly something :mag_right: !

There was also a shipwreck added somewhere.

Here’s a very… um, peculiar video that showcases a few things. I can’t upload it here, it’s too large of a file. Anyone know why this is happening :sleeper:? Just click on the link below to view it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380106335913508884/890698990914502697/SPIN.mp4

This was from Discord. From Vetex or a tester, i’m not sure. Most likely a tester :fr:.

Here, you witness a green-cloaked man spinning around at incredible speeds. It looks very similar to the World of Magic glitch where you spin around very fast if you open your inventory while holding a weapon. But in this image, he doesn’t seem to be holding a weapon… how peculiar.

The video is actually looped several times to fit in some music :flushed:.

Anyways, there’s a little bit here on the inventory, and you can see the Wooden Shield, a rapier, a Sunken Sword, and what is presumably the Vermillion Bracelet.

And we can also see the icon that arrows have in the inventory. It looks pretty neat, and it’s definitely like this so that you can easily tell the difference between arrows, silver arrows, and golden arrows in your inventory without scrolling over them :nod:.

It also seems that boss gear has not been removed yet.

Again, a bit weird of a leak. Wish I had Discord, but my phone’s photo album takes up 20% of it’s memory, with a whopping 5 pictures :frcryin:.

Now, behold, v1.7.8!

Screenshot 2021-10-01 8.44.07 AM

The sort and filter features in World of Magic were quite excellent features. However, they were sometimes inconvenient and felt a bit weird. Vetex has smithed a solution. He’s removed the “types” section in the filter UI and replaced it with tabs, one tab for each of these:

• All (Default)
  • Accessories
  • Chestpieces
  • Leggings
  • Weapons
  • Tools
  • Items
  • Foods

You can switch between these tabs freely, making finding items way easier. It’s made even easier by performance optimizations. These tabs will also apply to shops, selling, and trading.

We’re dodging bullets left and right, and all that dodging is made even more stylish by improvements to its end animation :mariomug:.

Here’s a smaller leak:

It’s a Redwake Warrior, presumably a crewmate. According to @anon88204161

That’s interesting. What do you think about this? This leak was from Vetex’s discord.

Now, remember months and months ago when the Suggestions category is closed? This is because it was full of trolls, AO development was in full effect and it wasn’t relevant.

However though, before this, there were a lot of good suggestions. So good that some of them were put in the “Vetex’s Accepted” category, which meant they would be added at some point.

We’re seeing one of these being added now. Here’s the original suggestion by @Tobi :arrow_down:.

𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Unfortunately, only the camping part was approved by Vetex. But now it’s appearing on the trello. Behold… :drum: camping!

It’s a tool that lets you place your own camp, anywhere on flat, above sea-level, non-spawn island ground for the low price of 20 Galleons. This may seem nice looking but ultimately useless…

But you spawn at your camp :flushed:.

Remember in Arcane Reborn / Arcane Adventures, when you leveled too far from your storyline and had to keep sailing back, getting your ship destroyed, and having to grind to repair it, or when you wanted to sail somewhere far away from your storyline spawn point to help a friend, but got RKed and sent back :frpensive:?

The camp will definitely help with this, especially since where you spawn depends on your level and storyline position in Arcane Odyssey :nod:.

The downsides are that you can only place it once a life, you need full health to place it, and it can be easily destroyed, rendering it useless.

But it’s just so useful…

In the heat of a guild war? Place it on a nearby wilderness island to get right back into battle, as long as your opponents don’t find your camp.

Another goated addition, this time made by the community :poggers2:!

We only have two more small things for this anchor. First of all, whirlpools! Their spawn rate, despawning and size are currently finalized. When they were first added, they were just grey cylinders, but now have visuals :cyclone:.

We’ll have to wait for their functionality, but right now they disappear as soon as they spawn.

And last but not least, boats now deal damage when they bump into each other. Finally, bumper boats :frsleepin::ok_hand:!

That’s all for this anchor of the Odyssey Feed!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

”If you could add a magic variation to the game?”
By @CrimsonCreate

If you could add any magic variation to the game, what would it be? For example, all of Crystal’s color variations, and Light’s Moonlight variation. Some people suggested some quite amazing things here, actually, which would be very cool to see.

What would you like? There’s a lot to think about here. I’ll come up with one eventually!

Link:
If you could add a magic variation to the game?

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

“Arcane Odyssey Thumbnail attempt number 5”
By @wtrmeloon

There was so much incredible art this week, it was very very difficult to choose. However, I picked out this very high-effort thumbnail for Arcane Odyssey. There’s been a lot of these. Imagine of Vetex took all of them and put them as thumbnails :mariomug:! This is super neat art, and definitely embodies the chaos that will inevitably occur in Arcane Odyssey :nod::+1:.

Link:
Arcane Odyssey Thumbnail attempt number 5

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“Wounded: Chapter 1”
By @OhHey

We follow the quick-paced actions of a bounty hunter on a horse as he hunts down an unsuspecting criminal using his trusty firearm. OhHey is a new seasoned writer, so be sure to support them! He certainly hit the target in terms of detail and accurate imagery. See what I did there? No? I’ll leave now :sleeper:.

Link:
Wounded: Chapter 1

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @BNTarwarn! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Page 11”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

”What version added Hallfrid?”

v _ . _ . _ _

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next time I publish!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

12 Likes

Well that was much faster

3 Likes

Not fast enough, schedule says i’m supposed to release TOF every 2-4 days. :man_shrugging:

What

Lmao, TOF doesn’t take that much effort to write, I have a template

Then we have been scammed

Truly…

If you see things that are exactly the same from anchor to anchor, that’s the template, and the section organization is the template.

I have two documents for writing the Odyssey Feed

Number 1 is the template, small image from it, but it sets everything up for me to write and makes the section and does markdown stuff :arrow_down:

Second document is the actual newspaper, I actually write on this. I just copy the template, paste it over on the TOF document, and write the newspaper. When i’m done I copy the TOF document, paste it on the forum, make adjustments and fix things, and post it.

Then I delete the contents of the TOF document, go back to the template doc, and copy + paste it back over to the TOF document for a new slate to begin writing again.

Hope you enjoyed that little insight :slight_smile:

Besides this I just did a few edits to the template, such as the Riddles section saying “Issue” instead of “Anchor” and renamed a few things

2 Likes

v1.6.21 :sunglasses:

(took me like 10 miutes to find lol)

2 Likes

If only I was able to use my phone during school ;(

1 Like

Thank you for putting my story on the anchor

:moyai: :pen: :newspaper:

The second chapter is coming soon. I’m working hard and it’ll be much longer.

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Np! It was really good :nod:.

Well good, because the story’s getting more interesting

:moyai:

I personally think that when a negative rep “bounty hunts” it should be called ransoming and should function basically the same, cause it doesn’t make sense that a negative rep can bounty hunt.

1 Like

I’m sure the government would let a bad guy bounty hunt as long as they really wanted the person getting bounty hunted out of the way.

I think that if your bounty is higher than the bounty of who you’re hunting, maybe you couldn’t accept it…? Then again that would be pretty intrusive to gameplay.

yea, that’s why I’m saying that its basically the same except for the name, bad reps would “hunt” good reps depending on their good acts and would put them up for ransom to get paid.

So basically bounty for good guys?

yea, exactly, its same in principle, just applied slightly differently

I love camps so much. They’re a huge quality of life improvement, no lies.

2 Likes

v1.6.34

1 Like