⚓ The Odyssey Feed Hub

Yeah, absolutely.

Hey Artists, from now on I’ll be asking permission for featuring art with a new template. This is a thing now because of the fact that I embed the art in my topic, unlike writing or anything else, besides music, which I’m not so sure about. Anyways, this means there might be delays if an artist I want to feature isn’t online for a while to see the message. I’ll manage, though, and I believe this is a good thing.

…and because of this, getting an anchor out when I actually want to get it out is going to be miles harder. I’ve had something prepared for a day now.

You might notice I haven’t really been writing Odyssey Feed a lot lately. This is because of a few things, which I’ll list below.

• I’m having lots of time taken up by school, with much more school and homework than last year.
  • I’m getting into more hobbies in real life, which I won’t disclose.
  • I’m starting to write several things and am reading a lot to get ideas. I might post things on the forum.

That’s pretty much it. Odyssey Feed isn’t stopping, nor do I plan for it to, it just might slow down for a while depending on what I feel like, and you definitely aren’t going to be on the receiving end of the “3-5 days between each anchor” proposed by me previously.

3 Likes

Hey everyone. It’s been about half a year since the last Odyssey Feed, more or less. So what happened?

• General burn-out
  • Finding other fun things that I enjoy, mostly just writing other stuff, and preoccupied with music shit.
  • Procrastination, not finding a good place to start.
  • Most importantly, burn-out and loss of interest from AO. It feels weird to say this but I lost most interest in AO after the Dark Sea update. It wasn’t fun at all and in my opinion impacted the game negatively (the new insane stat gap and grind and meta shit along with dodge reflexes and agility meta make pvp for a casual player like me impossible, and all I had left was clans pretty much which is a pvp feature).

However, hopefully maybe my interest will return during Nimbus Sea, but it will probably just make pvp even worse, but that can wait until clan building, assuming he will make the bad decision of involving clans in pvp. Although, the storyline itself and the addition of new content, along with island building might spark some more interest in the game.

TLDR I cant promise anything but im trying to play the game more and maybe ill regain interest.

Sorry if anyone is disappointed by this news, It feels like how long this newspaper has been going, how famous its been and the fact it got me to the position im at today makes me feel obligated to keep doing it, but at the same time my lack of interest in the game. Maybe if I start working on it again ill rediscover its fun or something.

4 Likes

I get what you mean with the powercreep man
Getting a good build that won’t even last forever is super tedious, especially when you wanna incorporate sunkens into it
Not to mention you have to get lucky with dark sea trips to get the right enchants too.

1 Like

yeah the dark sea kinda killed my fun with the game. not really directly, but i dont feel like grinding for days to get the best enchants that i’ll need to get again when we get better items, and generally playing without op luck potions feels like an absolute waste. yeah, fishing generally has pretty terrible rates of getting good stuff by default, but at this point id rather have terrible rates than being forced to rely on luck potions which are extremely easy to make but require serious time investment

if luck potions get absolutely gutted or become way harder (and not longer, again i cant spare the time) to make, maybe ill come back for more than just to do the storyline, but idk we’ll see

1 Like

All good bro! Take your time with it! I get what you mean about the burnout, when jewel crafting came out I got a bad feeling and now the grind is just insane just to have a good build.

May we meet again in the nimbus sea :pensive:

Mfs gonna be rolling up with blasted modified rare arcanium armor exotic enchanted with legendary gems

2 Likes

there’s too much stat bloat in AO tbh

2 Likes

Me when you have to grind 300 hours for each update and each patch note so you don’t get stat gapped by metamancers when you PvP

This and the fact that there’s only going to be more as the game ages

Screw metamancers man

1 Like

pretty soon we fr boutta be able to get the “augmented cursed blessed exotic legendary blazed gigapunched firefarted nuclearized antipolarzonked photoshopped skibidi toilet poppy playtimed promethean mythic halcyon multisocketed gemchromatical stereomadness fired in the hole demon angel godly evilized innocentized waterized supertimezoneblorked chahcachachachachakababwaba’d meaty heavy obese slimed imploded blasted hectopopobroean pearlized arcanium buttplug”

3 Likes

You must minmax as I have

1 Like

billions must minmax

I do, the issue is that those builds become outdated every 2 weeks and you can’t transfer enchants and modifiers so you can only really minmax long term if you don’t touch grass

Yeah, that’s why I have some concerns regarding stuff like modifiers and enchants since gear and enchants is just gonna keep getting better you’ll need to grind even more to get what is considered a “good build”

It just leads to an infinite loop of regrinding gear just so you don’t get outpaced by other players

1 Like

I did the math, checked the dates, looked at all the anchors before I started linking them, sorted through articles, and found out that The Nimbus Sea is The Odyssey Feed’s 98th ANCHOR!! :flushed:

Thank you so much to everyone for supporting this paper all this time. It’s crazy that we’re at this number right now… here’s to 100!

2 Likes

Kingdom relations anchor will be number 100. I can feel it…