⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Iris, Caravels, Insanity, & More!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Monday, August 2, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

Infectious
By Tobu

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Tobu - Infectious [NCS Release] - YouTube

:scroll:

Trello News!

Welcome to a new anchor of the Odyssey Feed! Sorry I haven’t been publishing again… I was on vacation. I hope you too have been enjoying yourself over the last few weeks. And in general, make sure to enjoy yourself too! I find that vacation and summer don’t last long, so make the most of it! Go outside! Or no-life on the forums! :nod::+1:

Well, you’re in for a ride. We have even more information than we did last anchor. Good grief. My fingers will be broken after this… I’ll skim over it a lot more than I usually do. Nevertheless, let’s get into some Arcane Odyssey!

First of all, a little bit on twitter. Vetex has turned more attention towards Arcane Odyssey. Before, there was less content because he was working on a side project called Pirate Party (Which is amazing!) However, most progress on it has instead started to be focused on our beloved Arcane Odyssey :fire:.

But something a little less fire must go down first. Remember how Vetex and others said Arcane Odyssey would be dark? And do you remember hearing that title music the first time? We’re starting to see that :frpensive:. Take a look:

Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 1.57.14 PM

How unfortunate for our friend Tucker. Apparently, in one of the images in which you can see Morden, he is actually standing in front of a grave. Knowing this, the grave is likely on Dawn Island. :nod:

Next up we have something big. The Caravel! The caravel is the next ship up from the sailboat, which has 2,500 durability. It was announced he was working on it on the trello, and soon enough we received images for it. Here you go :ship:!

caravel3

caravel1

caravel2

caravel4

Each section can be individually colored, and it has a lot more slots than the sailboat! Here’s the twitter link:

https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1417276864545140738

Vetex also put something regarding misinformation out there as well… :thinking:

https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1415549423585726469

We’re soon informed about something terrifying called Akursius Keep. It’s a haunted castle island, which introduces the player to the insanity and warding effects, which we will cover later. It’s been finished as of now :ghost:.

We may get a showcase on it soon, as Vetex says on twitter on one of his tweets :nod:.

Here’s a few tweaks regarding boats and cannonballs.

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 12.03.43 PM

As you can see, instead of equipping individual cannons for each boat slot, you only need to equip one for your entire ship! However, the prices have increased by 3 times :money_with_wings:. This was done to reduce grind and clutter in the UI. Also, we can see that the Caravel is only sold at Frostmill as of right now.

Remember fighting styles? And know how they haven’t been added yet? That doesn’t mean Vetex isn’t already brainstorming some amazing ideas… Which have been released onto the public trello! There’s a lot that he’s added, so if you want to see it all, you’ll have to go on the trello yourself! Here’s a short recap of them.

Common Fighting Styles

Combat - Basic combat.

Boxing - Combat that specializes in precise punches with gloves. Focuses on knockback.

Sailor Fist - A fighting style that becomes more powerful the more salt water you consume.

Thermo Fist - Build up heat by punching the air repeatedly and let it out on your foes.

Crane Style - Focuses on your legs!

Karate - Strengthens grabs especially. You get colored belts as you level up!

Knocking Fist - In this fighting style, you focus on your opponent’s pressure points. Paralyze them!

Cannon Fist - Throw cannonballs!

Lost Fighting Styles

Radius Fist - Use willpower to extend your hits telepathically in unpredictable strikes.

Impact Fist - DIFFERENT THAN ARCANE ADVENTURES’ IMPACT FIST! Works similarly, though, but will be balanced.

Vampirism - Get cursed with vampirism, causing your skin to lose color, making you hotter in the day, and extending your knuckle bones. Cause bleed and life steal with each hit!

Link:

Trello

No ancient fighting styles for now! They’re very far away :frhigh:.

Now for another set of leaks! They just keep on coming. These are especially a good few leaks, as they’re misc, not being a certain thing.

First of all, Iris the Anomaly. In the names of the storyline quests, we could see the “Anomaly” and “Return to Iris”. Now that we know that Iris is the Frostmill boss, it’s confusing. Does she turn good? Do we finish her off? I’m probably missing something. What about you?

We can also see her Vermillion bracelet. She possesses Flare Magic as well, which we can get a very good look at. The orange flames look extremely nice, especially complementing the Flare Magic Circles that rest upon both of her hands :fire::fire::fire:. How exciting! And what’s Ravenna, a person or a place? It’s probably a place, but we’ll see :nod:.

Here’s Ruby Roger, a pirate captain obtainable likely through either crowns or storyline. I’m not sure, but there’s probably something in the trello about him.

As the forum pointed out, he and his co-captain Clark Silvers bear striking name and appearance resemblances to certain One Piece characters. Interesting, but not a big surprise.

Here’s an overview of what’s been finished so far. We can see several wilderness islands (One possibly being Dawn?), Redwake, and a bit of Frostmill. If you scroll through the comments on twitter, it looks much like the second sea in Arcane Adventures. That’s pretty intriguing. :frsleepin::ok_hand:

And last of all, a picture of the Achilles Revenge being picked up by a blizzard somewhere around Frostmill. A funny picture that both shows the appearance of blizzards and is also, admittedly, pretty hilarious! I mean, look at the logo. That’s humorous, right? Just me? Ok :fr:

We’re about halfway there! My fingers are starting to hurt already! Well, let’s make haste, shall we? Got a lot more to cover, but that was all of the twitter leaks done.

Now we have some images of Warding and Insanity. These are prevalent right now because of Akursius Keep. Take a look.

This is a pretty neat system. Each level of insanity can also make use of the effects of the insanity levels before it. For example, a pulsing effect is introduced at level 2 (Mild) insanity. If your insanity goes up to level 3 (High), it could still play that pulsing effect while having new ones as well.

If you get to near maximum & maximum insanity, effects will play after one another, making the game completely and utterly unplayable. Don’t wanna get that!

You can see the speeds at which effects appear for each level of insanity.

Also, having the two highest levels of insanity will actually damage your character. Dangerous insanity deals 20% of it each two seconds, and unstable deals 33% of it each 2 seconds, and cannot be stopped by any level of warding :pensive:.

I also believe it doesn’t deal a percentage of your current health but instead a percentage of your maximum health, because we know you can die from insanity. It has it’s own unique message in chat!

I won’t go over the calculations that define Warding’s effects on Insanity. I’m terrible at understanding math, but Vetex put a nice example for us to look at!

Here’s some of the amounts of effects for each level:

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 3.14.47 PM

(Slight insanity is light insanity, small inconsistency :nod:.)

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 3.04.31 PM

That’s our last screenshot regarding Insanity and Warding. As you can see, we have some changes to visual effects and the timing they appear with.

There’s also some hints about them, plus notifications that appear when your insanity and warding changes. You see your levels of Warding and Insanity in the main and info UIs.

But the cool (or scary :frowning: ) effects aren’t only for Insanity. There’s one that occurs when you have both at the same time, which is probably quite often whilst in Akursius Keep. And there’s even a rare effect for when you have absolute maximum Warding. You are enveloped in a burst of light, are immune to all Insanity for a minute, and have a temporary halo. It’s called Warding Burst :angel:!

We’ve also learned that Akursius Keep has ambient noises. Oh no, oh no… not a repeat of Minecraft cave sounds :frcryin:! It’ll be cool nonetheless…

We’ve moved on from the “insanity” that is insanity and warding… that joke hurt me more than it hurt you, trust me. Some of the professions have been renamed :arrow_down:!

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 3.26.50 PM

Vetex also wrote the first of many books to be implemented one day into Arcane Odyssey.

And now, Vetex pulls a magic trick and disappea- I mean, makes hybrid builds viable!

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 4.57.10 PM

As you can see, the damage of magic, fighting, and weapons is no longer based solely off of the points you invest in them, it’s also 25% of your level. This means that at max level, you’re already 25% proficient in all of them. It means that you can somewhat prosper in other categories, even if you haven’t invested in them!

This buffs Half & Half / Savant builds a lot, since it’s now somewhat less dependent on your stat points now :sunglasses:!

And then we have two slightly more… controversial changes. First of all, character names no longer show above your head, in chat, and everywhere else. It only shows up in the leaderboard on the top right, and in the storyline. This change had many… mixed responses.

@Dr.Archipelago said this about it:

Personally, I would love a setting that lets you either see character or player names, but i’ll let you decide for yourself if this is a good change. Click the link below and share your thoughts :nod:!

Was File Names over character head annoying?

And then we have another controversial change. Banks have been removed. According to Vetex, there were already a lot of shops, and the bank was just a way to cheat the money loss upon death. Do you think that the guild bank will suffice, or not? It’s really interesting to think about :thinking:.

That’s all for now. See you next time on an anchor of the Odyssey Feed!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“What is your greatest memory as a WoM player?”
By @Peacemaker

Very interesting question with 57 comments for you to read through. You might ask, what was my favorite memory? It was running through Bell Village as a level 1-5 on my main file, gaping at how amazing and immersive this game was, knowing it was a real sequel to Arcane Adventures, the game we had all lost so many years ago :frsleepin::ok_hand:. What’s yours?

Link:
What is your greatest memory as WoM player?

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

Iris

“Iris The Anomaly”
By @wtrmeloon

Among all the art the past many days, we have an anomaly… Iris! There was a lot of fan art of Iris the Anomaly when she was released, and I felt this might have been one of the best of them. Great job, wtrmeloon! The lighting and the art style is amazing!

Link:
Iris The Anomaly

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“Writer collab”
By @Danny_Zou, Rayhan, Zeil, rake2005, BNTarwarn

You’ve heard of an artist collab (Several have been featured on past anchors), but have you ever heard of a Writer collab? 5 different writers deliver. It shows the struggles in the Arcane Universe, each writer with a different story, in shocking literary detail. Let this be your guide through a saga of amazing stories, wordplay, and more! I suggest reading it, though it’s very long. It’s quite spectacular!

Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/159-F0jkfY2cGgkwq1bu5a7o9racyOE3S/view

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @bacon_creator! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Warden”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

”Percussion or Strings?”

_ _ a _ o

First to say the answer in either the comments of this anchor or in a message to me will get a shoutout next time I publish!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello

Trello

Vetex’s Twitter

https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum

Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)

TGR – Google Drive

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

21 Likes

This was really rushed, so i’m sorry about that!

Hope you’re having a good summer!

1 Like

Riddle Answer: Piano :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes. I’m making these too easy, aren’t I?

1 Like

:nod:

THE RETURN OF A LEGEND

LETS FUCKIGN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Thank you :smiley: !

Dang, i’m at max likes… :expressionless:

1 Like

Hey kid wanna buy some likes

Impossible…

1 Like

Immediately after this was released, the google doc I write Odyssey Feed on got glitched… I just deleted it and made a new one, copy and pasted the template on it. Minor inconvenience. It’s a good thing this didn’t happen earlier, or I would have to start over.

1 Like

newspaper pog

1 Like

Yessir! :nod:

I’m gonna get back on a normal schedule. Unless something happens, expect to see another in 3-4 days.

1 Like

goddamn I’m gonna have to speedrun music

As long as it’s in the art section, it can go there haha! I’m pretty sure Meta has gotten a track there before, it was really pretty.

Edit: Nvm, meta’s track actually went in the music section lol

1 Like

I despise the removal of banks. Vetex did state the reasoning behind this, however I find it inconsistent, I’ve never seen ANYONE use banks to cheat money loss at death. If anything, banks were a nice immersive feature that allowed hours of grinding to not be halved by some RK’er. Personally, getting ganked and the sort doesn’t pose a problem to me since I do consider myself above average at PvP, making myself hard to kill. Although, that’s beside the point, random killers aren’t the only source of death among players, and a simple tornado, blizzard, or shark could ruin hours of grinding. I don’t think vetex realizes how much of a problem this is due to how easy it has become to die. In world of magic, the only way you could die was either by enemy NPC’s, drowning, other players, or the rare appearance of a tornado. With the addition of temperature, frequent weather disasters, insanity, and sharks etc etc, dying will become a much more common occurrence. Really hope this can be re-thought

Amazing as in, how fast it completely died and hit 0 player count in like, two weeks.

Hear me out: Add a better cost to banks lol. Honestly don’t mind though.

1 Like

Hey why I got message that someone mentioned me here?

I pinged you, your topic got featured.

1 Like