Was File Names over character head annoying?

Introduction

Names was and is interesting concept in WoM/AO that gave many players connection with thier in-game characters and opened doors in world of OC creating. But in recent changes Vetex altered something in this mechanic.

изображение_2021-07-25_111104

Thesis

I dunno what is your thoughts about this situation, but i love Name mechanic. As i already said, names help connect in-game character with Player, because we already have some mechanic that help us connect us with our character, for example: Vanity slots (Clothe) ; Magic ; Character look (No vanity slot used) and future mechanics as “Stat build” and “Dialogue Stats”. All of them help us customize and personalize our character for us.
Have you ever clicked on #art and looked up how many OC is there? Well, many people really really really really really love to showcase their character through drawing them.

BACK TO THE POINT

Character Names are not annoying, names are good mechanic that can be used in different ways, from just ‘connection with character’ to ‘Mentioning name in story’, cause why not?

And if Vetex think Names are annoying because you have to look in player list just to find player’s real name(okay its sometimes annoying when Golden Gold gang join server and you have to choose who is correct one). But all you need to do for fixing is just adding player real name under Character Name, something like that.
IceyTheLoserCurrentPfp копия
Simple change that keep Name mechanic unchanged and make everyone’s life easier. Soo…

#GiveUsNameBack

27 Likes

Sadge

4 layers of text
level, ingame name, title, username

4 Likes

yea it was

2 Likes

no it wasn’t
i don’t want my cringe as fuck username over my head while I play this game i like more than i should

1 Like

the update that put usernames over ingame names on the player list definitely didnt help make finding players easier either

1 Like

Nice change, although i hope your file’s name will be changeable easily since its only purpose is to differenciate save files and for rp (not as significant as your first magic for example)

I’m ok with accepting that the file name is basically useless other than for immersion, since gameplay wise it was just adding another step to identifying players

2 Likes

i mean i guess for people who are into immersion it was nice
it didnt bother me really
but names didnt have a usable purpose

Imagin have your real username above you in a mythical world. “poopyhead222221491124151692341”

RIP names

it took too long to hunt the guy I was rking when he server hopped the first time. Not annoying amazing update for rking :+1: glad to see vetex is helping us rkers out.

Ez, literally the best way to solve the annoyance vetex sees in file names. + he can remove the useless “apprentice wizard” rank that takes up most of the space that absolutely NO ONE cares about. Smh

Then why are you in its forum

1 Like

wizard titles were already removed in ao, instead it only shows equipped title scrolls (donator, contributor, etc)

2 Likes

WoM players when they substitute seeing a fictional name floating on someone’s head for social connection

1 Like

Bruh

i really didnt find it annoying, i liked it over just username

1 Like

Cause I enjoy the people
in this bitchass forum
except for you
fuck you

Not really, it never was annoying. But eh.

You constantly swearing shows everyone here you are under the age of 12 :neutral_face: