⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Moving Forward!

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Saturday, May 4, 2022 (US)

Refer to the table of contents on the right to navigate sections of The Odyssey Feed.

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Otherside

Composed by Lena Raine

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

:scroll:

The Hook!

Welcome to another anchor of the Odyssey Feed! We’ve got a home-brewed anchor coming up for you, reader :mariomug:! I’m back to writing on schedule, hopefully! And… let’s get started!

Here’s the first little bit we’ll be going over :nod:. As you can clearly see, there’s a ton of notable changes in this version. Let’s go over them.

For one thing, treasure charts have their text font, text visibility, and background color displaying with variation from chart to chart. This is super cool, and adds to the immersion. Feels like it’s really written by a unique individual and makes it more fun to look at :ok_hand:!

Second, we have some improvements to storyline influencing what appears. There’s perhaps a few inferences you can see here :eyes:, and makes the NPCs feel more alive and intertwined with the storyline :fire:.

Third, a pretty unfortunate loss, being PathfindingService from enemy NPCs. Essentially, the humongous size of Arcane Odyssey’s map was causing crashes and troubles with performance :frcryin:. Vetex has traded a few of our foe’s brain cells to snap this issue out of existence. Fortunately, you shouldn’t see too drastic a change.

The next one is self explanatory. Another player’s ingredients won’t appear in the pot, and you can’t snatch them for yourself. I can imagine a lot of situations where this could be quite annoying. You can always still trade your meal to your friend or place large meals down for your parties :hungry:!

And now, the change i’m the most excited about for this version :drum:… Shipwrights can now RE-DOCK your ship, which respawns it in its current location. Your vessel has the same health and all, but its equipment gets updated :poggers2:!

Why this is such a good thing is that before, you would have to despawn your ship and respawn it, the most effective way having been dying and waiting several minutes to respawn it. This unfortunate necessity effectively burnt 90% of my neurons :+1:. But that’s fixed now, and equips can easily be tested out :nod:!

So much cool stuff. Vetex is on a roll :fire:! Some huge and much-needed QoL changes across the board!

All of this was typed a few days ago, and nothing new on the trello… means there might be something big coming :eyes:! I’d definitely stay tuned to development progress. Personally, I can’t wait!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Elementals Animatic

Posted by @StarForDays

It seems that StarForDays took a break from drawing on his enigmatic art thread just a few weeks ago, made an animation, and has decided to post it now! I’m not sure what it’s story is, or who the hooded man is (I’m lazy :frcryin:), but it does look pretty fire :fire:. A lot of effort clearly went into creating this, so make sure to take a look!

:art:

Arcane Art!

Judgement

Created by @JTN

In this piece of art, having originated from a doodle according to JTN, we see a very unhappy and very ripped man named Joe Salore who seems intent on throwing what looks like magma or a small sun directly into your face :cold_sweat:. And what can I say? This is pretty awesome! We’re still trying to find out who this “joe” individual is, though :thinking:.

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

The legend of a Sun Sword

Written by @Dr.Archipelago

Here, we get to see the legend of a sun sword, just in case you’re illiterate specifically towards titles :nod:. And this writing is more than it seems, just like how not all swords are just steel. And the blacksmith working for a wicked king is certainly aware of this. And will anyone ever find the sword after these unfortunate events :face_with_monocle: ?

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Maple! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Lurker”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

What food item, when cooked into a meal and eaten, grants the recovery status effect?

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

Arcane Odyssey Trello

Vetex’s Twitter

https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum

Arcane Odyssey Media Drive (By Flare)

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ozXVVCx0H-2Jld7cuD9_mjgafPixLt0x?ths=true

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

Summer vacation soon (At least for me!)

19 Likes

any fish based meal. also another one keep it up :fr:

1 Like

Yep, trying to get back to the normal schedule :nod:

1 Like

I’ll give you a hint, they most likely live with you

3 Likes

the schedule is working?
impossible.

2 Likes

how do I get my art featured

1 Like

I’m not sure, I usually feature things that were posted between last anchor and when i’m writing

Can you add my dagger :pleading_face:

1 Like

W odyssey feed post

2 Likes

my is at the end of june :sob: :skull: :sob: :skull:

1 Like

Mine started over 3 weeks ago :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why am I always late to these

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.