:Anchor: The Odyssey Feed ~ So Many Changes, and New Weapon Previews!

Published by Fang Percy.

This issue of Odyssey Feed was published on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. (US).

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

Scourge of the Universe
By DM DOKURO (Terraria Calamity)

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Syn1mJVt7U&ab_channel=DMDOKURO

:scroll:

Trello News!

Another anchor of Odyssey Feed, another wondrous serving of Arcane Odyssey! This week isn’t an appetizer, rather a main course, as we delve further and further into the TGR!

And V is givin’ it all to us this week, with a plethora of GAME-CHANGING changes.

And in fact, there’s SO many, I can’t possibly include them all, and my pea brain cannot render half of these. However, i’ll definitely try! Please check the trello, as i’m not reliable.

Stat Changes

First off, drastic changes were made to a few. Power amulets now affect weapons, magic and fighting, not only magic. This means that you won’t have to build with both power and strength if you’re going conjurer! Super useful. :nod::+1:

Because of this, the strength amulets and the strength stat were both removed. However, not everything related to this stat could be vindicated. Destruction may still stay, but i’m unsure. :thinking:

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 5.39.12 PM

And here’s some less complicated stuff. Magic size now affects fighting, magic, and weapons, instead of just magic. It’s universal throughout builds, and has been renamed to Attack Size.

This same universal change between all magic, weapons, and fighting has also applied to a new stat called Attack Speed. It replaces Magic Speed and Casting Speed. Casting Speed and Magic Speed stats and amulets have been removed.

Attack Speed will make all attacks faster and have less start lag, as far as I can tell.

Here’s something that was suggested a long time ago, and finally has been added.

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 5.44.37 PM

Knockback is now Intensity, which makes the hazards of magics (Like puddles and clouds) more large and prevalent, and and also increases the length of status effects. This will be useful for some magics and will be fun to play with!

Now we wait for people to cover the entire Bronze Sea in a poison cloud… :sleeper:

Agility will also now increase the distance traveled when you dodge. :nod:

Path Changes

The Vitality Path now gives only 3 HP per point instead of 4. This should help tone it down a little bit. I honestly still think Wardens will be viable in the slightest, unless extra perks are added.

Weapon, Magic, and Strength damage are no longer dependent on your level, but on your skill points invested on their category. That means if you only went Vitality, those types of damage would be like a level one in World of Magic. This makes a lot of sense, though.

Any thoughts on this? :mariomug::chart_with_upwards_trend:

Earlier back, it was made that spell unlock levels were doubled to compensate the fact you got two skill points for each level. However, the community had some backlash about it. :fr:

Vetex must have realized it as well, because now you can unlock every single currently-implemented spell at level 90 (If you choose full magic). Because of this, at a slightly higher level you will still be able to unlock all of these great spells as a hybrid build. :nod:

Here’s V’s solution to something that was slightly controversial. The special kill animations and blood overlays were removed.

Here’s a quote Vetex uttered towards mixed feelings to this change. (If this pings you, i’m sorry Vetex! :frcryin:)

Before I move on, i’d like to shout out a topic called “Reminders for AO”. I often look at this when lurking the forum, and people’s opinions help give me context to everything. It was created by @Joseph6971, but everyone is pitching in! Here’s the link:

Reminders for AO

Moving on to nearly the end… It’s been a long anchor!

Here’s some about items and chests.

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 11.06.08 PM

This means you could only get three arrows, cannonballs, arrows, ect. Not too much to see here. I hope you can obtain the rarer gold and silver variants from chests, albeit harder to find.

A TON of bug fixes, and… :drum:

Coconuts! This is the start of collectible items. These spawn from palm trees, are collected, and sold for galleons. :nod:

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 11.27.28 PM

We also have these collectible things which are found from trees. Mangos, limes, and pine cones, as you can see. All of these collectibles (Including the coconut) Ignore the fact that most things cell for only a small portion of their value, such as fish. If this was true, it would be more difficult to implement this.

Lastly, two new leaks, in the form of Youtube Videos! They’re too long for me to download and embed here. The first is from Polar, the second is from Inferno. Feast your eyes. :eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROb-7ccNRY&ab_channel=Polar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujeJ2MgCLRE&ab_channel=Infernoferno

So. Do you like it? I bet you do. It’s looking absolutely sick, I have zero complaints. The combat feels incredible fluid and rewarding. I’m really looking forward to this, I just can’t say it enough. Dodging also makes it even more marvelous.

:frsleepin::ok_hand:

That’s all we have for this anchor! :anchor::v:

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“Come up with a creative way to defeat the person above you based on their profile picture”
By @ItsameTree

Will you prosper, or bite the dust? Well, not really, but you can pretend with your advantages over others based on their profile pictures! This blew up, and received almost 300 comments in 2 days! That’s a lot…

Link:
Come up with a creative way to defeat the person above you based on their profile picture

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

HD Ironport

HD Ironport2

“HD Ironport”
By @Dr.Archipelago

Ironport? More like Lagport. Am I kidding? Maybe not. But what makes up for all this is the absolutely MINDBLOWING RTX version of Ironport that Archipelago has created. The lighting, detail, and general looks of this are exquisite. These were screenshots taken from his Roblox Studio, most likely… Just how long did this take? :sleeper::bed:

Link:
Okay soo, HD Ironport

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“Race Against the Clock”
By @JayJayAG

A hurrying man named John Stone needs to run all the way from the Bronze Grasslands to Summer Hold… Before it’s too late. Across fields, rivers, graveyards, and against bandits. But his motive might surprise you. All I can say is that John is about to get smited. Detailed and funny piece with a humorous twist! :rofl:

Link:
[SS] Race Against The Clock

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @GlitchingEclipse! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Saturn”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

”1.17 Release Date”

J___ _

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next time I publish!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
âš“ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

17 Likes

Oh you can bet I know that answer

Oh No.

Just playing with my food, see you june

Do you want the exact date?

Do you even read the rest of the newspaper? :rofl:

Yes, very fast

:nod:

Anyway I’m probably going to finish my Siren boss idea I have

Are you sure?

Cool. :sunglasses::+1:

Yep