⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ The Frostiest Anchor You'll Ever See!

Published by Fang Percy.

This issue of Odyssey Feed was published on Saturday, July 10, 2021. (US).

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

The World Revolving
By Toby Fox

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z01Tsgwe2dQ&ab_channel=TobyFox-Topic

:scroll:

Trello News!

Hey there! Remember this newspaper? No? Well, that’s because either you haven’t seen it, or it’s been just such an awfully long time since i’ve posted. I don’t have a great schedule, do I? From now on, expect to see some slightly less shaky time periods between anchors! :anchor::v:

And since I haven’t done this in so long, I can’t possibly fit in everything that’s happened… but i’ll try my best!

First of all, Frostmill! Progress started on the icy town after last issue. Ever since then, it’s been completely finished. A storyline, NPCs, completed beyond belief. Here’s some screenshots…

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 2.06.23 PM

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 2.08.45 PM

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 2.22.43 PM

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 2.18.00 PM

As you can see in that last screenshot, the storyline has indeed been finished. Let’s look into that now…

First of all, “Dotta’s Necklace” has been made easier to find.

After this, the trello informs us that we will spawn in Frostmill once we complete part 13 of the story. And because Hallfrid and his dialogue has been added, this means that part 13 is completable. :nod:

Taking a break from Frostmill, we can see some other changes… :thinking:

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 2.28.24 PM

As you can see, the Jaw Pirates have been nerfed, both in their density and damage. This should make it easier on new players! Speaking of new players, they get their own buff in weapons, doing a bit more damage at base level :knife:. They can get up closer as well… Those early enemies don’t do knockback anymore. The mysterious Spire Bandits have also been nerfed in damage.

And now, our friend Morden will give us a magic dagger. To compensate for this, Hundi gives us an old flintlock. We don’t want 2 magic daggers! And we can see here that Morden indeed gives us the rowboat :nod:. I must have missed that earlier…

“Preparing for the Journey” now takes 33% more preparation.

Let’s head back to Frostmill :ice_cube:! The mayor of the ice town is named Owin! And with him, more dialogue and part 14 of the story, “Meet the Mayor”. And following it, part 15, “The Frozen Peaks”.

Here’s a bit of new armor!

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 2.40.17 PM

Frost Brigand armor is similar to Leather armor, but with a new appearance and a new flare… It gives agility alongside plain leather armor’s defense. The tunic and leggings are dropped by Frost Brigands, which we can assume are chilly goons found in Frostmill.

But what about the rest of the storyline? Here is is…!

• Part 16 - Chilly Peaks
  • Part 17 - The Search Begins
  • Part 18 - Iris the Anomaly
  • Part 19 - Saving Frostmill
  • Part 20 - Talk to Iris

And the storyline ends with Part 21, “Return to Owin”, concluding Frostmill’s storyline. Besides this storyline, we also get the 2nd co-captain and 6 side quests.

But then, there was something nobody expected. Another boss! Well, that was expected, but the thing was… They possess the first Lost Magic added to the game, Flare Magic :fire:!

It’s quite the interesting lost magic… It’s a variation(ish) of fire, which has immense DOT and AOE! Can’t aim, like me? It’s the perfect magic for you :nod:!

Unfortunately, we can’t obtain it ourselves… Even though it has attacks, damage, stats, and even clash rates, you can’t obtain it yourself quite yet. It’s only for the second boss. Even though that’s true, it’s still quite exciting! Here’s some links.

Clash Rates (Includes Flare):
World of Magic Clash Rates - Google Tabellen

Flare Interactions:
Trello

And here’s @Fluect ‘s opinion on Flare Magic…

How exciting is that? Well, remember Frostmill? Probably. I’ve been spouting off about it all anchor! Well, we got leaks. From Twitter! Observe!

Frostmill2

https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1408494583789633536

Simply spectacular… :star_struck: It looks like a perfect place to chill out :rofl:! You can see the way the snow creates thick haze that surrounds the town. We also see theories of Frostmill being a mining town on an iceberg being confirmed. Take a closer look, you might find some things!

In the second picture, we can see the town, and a giant lighthouse (Or a wizard tower! The atmosphere of this place is great. Our dear developer Vetex seems to be continuing the trend of massive main islands… And great looking buildings! :frsleepin::ok_hand:

Along with Frostmill, here’s a few small weather things. :nod:

Blizzards have been added. According to the trello, they combine tornadoes with freezing wind and snow. They even have their own unique death message!

Snow clouds also spawn in Frostmill. But besides hindering sight and giving you a cold, what do they do? Well, over water they can create giant sheets of ice, along with icebergs!

Blizzards can spawn them on water too… giant ones!

It’s been a cold issue… you must be freezing right now! So let’s take a break from the frigid cold and take a visit to a new wilderness island!

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 3.54.03 PM

What do you think! I’ll have some fun eating some watermelon and oranges. Sounds scrumptious right about now. And even a new fighting style. Return to monke? :monkey:

I have just one more thing to show you… The new INFO UI!

https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1403417749855129607

Looking fresh :mariomug:. We can see quite a lot here. There’s 4 main tabs; Character, Magic, Strength, and Order. We only get to see one of them in this leak. :nod:

We’re looking at the character page right now. It shows your character, health, reputation (Helpful as you cannot see reputation while not in this menu when you aren’t gaining or losing it), name, menu for stat points, ranking, and build.

We know that the magic menu is where you make spells and customize your magic. It’s not found directly in the menu like it is in World of Magic. Unfortunately, we have no idea what the other two menus are. Profession in one :thinking:?

Anyways, here’s some other pictures showing all the stat builds… :point_down:

Marvelous. That’ll do it for this anchor of the Odyssey Feed! My fingers are gonna hurt… :fr:

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“Forum Cabin”
By @Burgr

What’s better than one forumer? Many forumers. And what’s better than many forumers? Many forumers hanging out at Lincoln’s cabin (With the ghost of Abe Lincoln himself!) This is quite a smooth animation with some chill beats, and i’d recommend checking it out! :mariomug::dark_sunglasses:

Link:
Forum Cabin (ft. Abe Lincoln)

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

Files art doodle thread

“Files Art Doodle Thread”
By @tong

Tong shares their generosity (plus his wanting to practice) to create this thread, in which people below post their files, and tong draws them. Not everybody gets in, but a few people have definitely found their new profile pictures. We even have AO leaks here from testers. It’s a marathon of coolness! :sunglasses::+1:

Make sure not to harass tong to draw your file, they’ll only draw the ones they feel like! :ok_hand:

Link:
Files art doodle thread

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter II: The Last Part”
By @BNTarwarn

If you looked back many anchors in the Odyssey Feed, you could find the Average Day of Magius. It’s been a while, but we’re getting more content than ever for this interactive and intelligent writing! We follow the quarrel and philosophy of Rael, Jean, and Kat in the Bronze Grasslands. What will happen next. It’s up to you!

Link:
Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter II: The Last Part

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @GlitchingEclipse! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… “June 8”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

”Health O’Plenty!”

___d_n

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next time I publish!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

AO Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

27 Likes

I didn’t think I would finish it today…

2 Likes

that bitch tried blocking me from the picture, however though i am such a chad that he failed

Luckily for you, he’s quite transparent!

1 Like

yeah cuz hes such a fucking pussy
mf so scared he pissed himself into transparency

1 Like

Agreed! :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

puzzle: morden?

Femlevel80

Bikini Femtex

:nod:

django my beloved
HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO MY MAN CYRO
ILL HAVE YOU KNOW I AM TRAINED IN THE ART OF FUCKING KICKING YOU IN THE DICK SO HARD YOU GET BRAIN CANCER

Nope!

1 Like

burdon? garden? maiden? parden? golden? warden?

Got it

1 Like

Wait which one?

It was one of those

You have to say it individually

1 Like

warden ez

I’m concerned that you’re trained for me specifically
;-;

it applies to whoever tries to bring down cyro
also i can also kick you so hard in the dick you get a vagina and become trans

Who technically got it first? Bacon or Ultra

1 Like

me because uhhhhhhhh ve given you lots of like and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i said it individually first

• Bacon
  • Ultra

0 voters

We’ll let the people decide who got it first

1 Like