⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Wave of Information!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Tuesday, October 19, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Listen While You Read!

Blue Moon
By Navola

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Flood Escape 2 OST - Blue Moon - YouTube

:scroll:

Development News!

Welcome back to another anchor of the Odyssey Feed! It’s been ages (a week or something :flushed:) since the last anchor, and i’ve come to deliver. There’s no shortage of information and surprises this time around… happy reading!

First of all, the distance of fog has increased a bit during the day. Also, shark bites that deal 500 or more damage will vibrate the screen. Immersion :nod:! Sharks will also attempt to attack shipwrecks. Stop it! Stop it! They’re already dead!

Here’s a Trello screenie… we’ll go bottom to top!

First of all, we can see some of the sea monster tiers have undergone a change in title. Behemoth stays as is, and we now know that the Poison Jaws shark is an Aberrant.

Can’t wait for the Abyssal and Apollyon Sea Monsters… i’m gonna die too many times :sleeper:. We don’t even know if these are all of the tiers or not.

Then the cooldown. Vetex decided to be a bit of a generous being and give us a chance for it to take a few minutes longer for Sharks to attack our boat again after they’ve had a bite. You might not realize it, but this change, even though small, will likely save your life at one point in your Arcane Odyssey playtime :frsleepin::ok_hand:.

And remember shark drops? Those fins that are nice collectibles and big banks of galleons? Though neat, we can see that Sea Monsters drop cooler things. From the White Eyes scale, to the… well, the Poison Jaws Shark doesn’t have a drop…

But that changes now! It can drop it’s tooth, which is used as a poisonous dagger! It’s a rare tier, good quality dagger, one of the nicest weapons we’ve seen so far :flushed::v:.

And being the tooth of the Poison Jaws Shark, it even inflicts the poison effect that would be normally only obtained from Poison Magic. This dagger, unlike all other Shark/Sea Monster loot, has only a 25% chance to drop upon death :fr:. It’ll be a well-traded item for sure, especially from how fearsome the Poison Jaws is!

And we have some new stats that I won’t bother typing:

As you can see, a hint as well.

Below this screenshot, it was shown there are now animations for several types of trees, being pine, palm, and normal trees. I can already feel my computer becoming a nuclear reactor!

And remember when there was a shark limit for each player? That was removed. Instead, there’s just a limit for the whole server, being 36. That means that if you’re the only one being chased by sharks, you could have 36 attacking you at a time! I like it though… travel with friends :nod::+1:!

And just like that…

Voila!

But one last thing before we move on.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Whatever the dimmidangity darn this (presumably Sea Monster :frhigh:) is, it’s ridiculously humongous. It could probably be compared to the Alpha White Eyes from Arcane Adventures. I’m going to cry :frcryin:.

When I showed this to my brother, he said “It’s obviously just the tooth of an even bigger shark”, which I did not decline to include here. Imagine if that was true, though.

If it’s an Alpha White Eyes, I thought the fin would be a bit more red. Perhaps it’s just the fog, though, or maybe it’s another type of Sea Monster altogether… What do you think :mag::thinking:?

On this gleeful note, let’s begin looking at Vetex’s progress with tidal waves, officially known as Large Waves!

Waves can spawn in the open sea (I believe), and come in many sizes. Large Waves will constantly spawn under large thunderstorms, tornadoes, and dangerous clouds. The more severe the weather, the bigger the ‘namis :ocean:!

A few spawning attributes:

Waves will crash on land, objects (Not super small ones though), and a few other things that they hit. For example, depending on the size of the whirlpool and wave, waves can either flow right over whirlpools or be obstructed by them. Some waves will even drag you into the whirlpools!

Why are these waves really dangerous though? Observe…

They will damage boats, clearly, but they’ll also act like real waves, dragging people along for the ride and pulling you under!

Waves will also act like real water :nod:… You can drown, and swim in them, as well as your camera entering the “water” mode when being placed inside them. Waves have their own sounds as well, a hint, and a unique death message.

But some even more notable things occur once a wave crashes into an island. They can actually cause temporary flooding. At first in development, it was only a visual effect, but later on it acted as real water, which you can swim, drown, and do anything you can with normal water :swimmer:!

However, i’m not fully sure how this flooding works visually. Surely it doesn’t increase the water level of the whole map. If it’s regional, how does it upper? Does it just bulge upwards, or is it a big square of water? Either way, it’ll be really cool to see a flooded island after a tidal wave :v:.

And… Done!

One more feature! Vetex has added lost cargo crates

These didn’t take very long to add at all. They simply randomly spawn on the ocean surface. You press E, like many other things to pick up. Though they have the same loot table as chests, you’ll more often get an item from them, and they’ll give 2 times as many galleons :money_bag:.

You’ll have to sail or swim out to access these bad boys :nod:!

We’re almost done with this anchor! But Vetex released a set of 3 images on Twitter recently, which we’ll be looking at… behold!

Well, this is convenient. We can see the model and UI of Lost Cargo (which we just talked about :frhigh:), as well as some wind effects!

Now we’re talking! We can see the text telling you to click in order to place your camp, and the size and UI of the green square used to help you place your camp! The way you hold it in your hands looks cool as well :sunglasses:!

We’re also the witnesses of a cool looking wilderness island. It you look close, you can see another camp on the top-right-ish of the image. But on the top left, we can see a desert island. Looking closer, it could be the wilderness island in the leak a while back, Sandfall, or something else. How interesting :mariomug:!

And don’t forget that shipwreck poking out of the water!

Last, we see a very angry man in the process of being consumed by a shark. It’s jaw looks really funny, and several commented that it should be fixed. Personally, if the sharks are moving fast and the action is pumping, it won’t matter that much. That shark is on a mission tho :flushed:!

That does it for this anchor of the Odyssey Feed!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“Attempt at animation”
By @Hat

Hat makes an attempt at animation (If you couldn’t tell from the title). Though this is a first, it’s incredibly good, and I couldn’t even dream of doing something like this with Roblox Studio! It’s really good, and those skills are only going to get better… congrats :nod::ok_hand:!

Link:
Attempt at animation

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

“Somewhere in the Dark Sea”
By @Dr.Archipelago

There was so much good art and illustration in our dear art category this week it was very hard to choose between them. However, i’ve chosen a detailed illustration of the most calm day in the Dark Sea :frsleepin:. As you can see, it’s very, very peaceful and there is nothing wrong. I love the colors and the shading!

Link:
Somewhere in the Dark Sea

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“A Lover’s Mission [⅕]”
By @StarForDays

Star, a pretty epic forumer, has once again delved into the Writing section. Though he doesn’t have Seasoned Writer, that won’t stop him from writing something as seasoned as… um, steak? Follow a mystery throughout the grounds of the Castlian Shore as events unfold. Read it, it’s great :+1:!

Link:
[Short Story] A Lover’s Mission [1/5]

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @StarForDays! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Flame Breakdance”!

This anchor’s riddle is…

”24749/1941User”

_ r _ _ _ _ n _

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

Arcane Universe Resources
Trello

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

12 Likes

pog shark made the cut

1 Like

POG!

And don’t forget this one!

never can

that isn’t a sea monster, that’s a flipping building, and that is just the top fin.

1 Like

pristine. you heard it here first.

right???

1 Like

what i’m wondering is
Did you just search the 1941st person to join the forums
lmao

1 Like

No, mate. Thread/Post.

User that made the #1941 post on thread 24749. It is the “Reminders for AO” thread.

Here’s the thing:

Since I’ve found it first, I’m sure no one else has a chance of getting it, save for that StarForDays guy in case he PM’d Cryo before me. Which would be a shame. I’m trying to put myself back at the main riddle solver here since I don’t have anything better to do.

1 Like

oh wow

It’s simple.

First type the site link (forum.arcaneodyssey.dev) then /t/ and the number of the post goes first, then after the number of the reply.

Would look like this:

forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/67523/9

It does not link directly as the topic name is not in. However, copying and pasting it into the URL search gives you the post in question. And the forum highlights it when it loads so it’s even easier to find.

Yepper! Gotta make these way harder…

Now everyone knows how to solve it as I publicly showed the method.

Still, they have the way, but not the speed :sunglasses:

I’m glad to know I got it right first. Remember how I said it wasn’t all Star’s ground? Yeah, surely yes. I meant it for a reason.

1 Like

what

where am I

cryo what’d you do

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

1 Like

since I don’t answer these, shoot me a DM if you ever need a second opinion brainstorming a tough riddle, I’ll help where I can

:ok_hand: :pensive:

Thamk. :nod:

okay but
what if i dont have one :frhigh:

At least you’re not me, I don’t have enough friends to play Solitaire

1 Like