⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Weapon Revamp Coming Through!

Published by Fang Percy.

This issue of Odyssey Feed was published on Thursday, April 22, 2021. (US).

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

Mystic Rain
By @Meta

Composition - Mystic Rain

:scroll:

Trello News!

Hey everyone! I haven’t been working on my newspaper for a while, but i’m back!

And we live in a world of Melee Weapon Revamp! Personally something I was excited for, having a weapons file. A lot of the news this issue will be on it. :mariomug:

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 8.58.32 AM

Confusing? You’re not alone :nod:. Quite a lot of information here. Just so you don’t have to read all that, it mostly has to do with how large your spacing can be before a combo stops. One of those things you always forgot about. But despite how small this seems, it will definitely add onto the convenience and quality of weapons, and maybe save you once or twice…

We’re also seeing knockback on our melee weapon slashes, with different slashes delivering a heavier blow to the unlucky victim. Cool touch!

And now we have one of the biggest parts of the weapon revamp. Before, the hitbox of the weapon was actually the weapon itself. While this was cool and all, it was awfully inconvenient and annoying for hitting opponents. Now though, slashing creates a more “exaggerated” hitbox in front of the attacker, which makes weapons easier to use and more optimized. :nod:

The step-forward when slashing now only happens when you stand still, as it interrupted combat.

Something very interesting.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 11.12.15 AM

Using your weapon in the air now points your character, and the slash, towards the mouse, similar to magic blasts. This will most certainly help with aerial weapons combat. It also states velocity will be cancelled, meaning you might float in the air, similar to a blast attack. I’m not 100% sure, and would be happy if someone could clarify down below.

It will also lunge your character forwards slightly, as you can see.

And about those stamina costs with air attacks. A normal aerial slash will deal as much as a grounded heavy slash, and a heavy aerial slash will consume 50% more stamina. Interesting, and there will definitely be further balancing. :thinking:

Definitely hyped for more of the Weapon Revamp soon! :ok_hand:

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“What is your favorite game and why?”
By @Kurumai

Here’s a cool question. What’s your favorite game? What an interesting topic to scroll through. Some of my favorites are Minecraft, WoM/AO (Obviously), Terraria, and Slime Rancher. Do you play any of those? Leave your comments in their topic! :point_down:

Link:
What is your favourite game and why?

:art:

Art or Writing of the Week!

Alicia Water

“Alicia Water”
By @tong

One of the more stunning pieces i’ve seen so far. I love the OC, and the amount of details put into them, the landscape, the sky, and even the wrinkles on their clothes is immeasurable. Wonderful. And the color choices are very nice. Incredible job to Tong!

Link:
File art : Alicia water

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @anon41088246! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… “Chris”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

MC Azalea

L___ C____

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next time we publish! No cheating!

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

22 Likes

Feedback is appreciated! I would like to know what people think of the new style.

2 Likes

IM GONAN FUCKING KILL SOMEONE

1 Like

I’m sorry @Robotstics, Tong’s art was just too god tier!

Maybe next time tho… :eyes:

cancelling you rn brb

joke dont bar me from getting writing of the week

1 Like

Since I merged the sections again, I have to give writers a time to shine, so I might alternate every week or so. We’ll see, unless someone creates ludicrously good art.

pain

ridiculously good art is like a commodity here theres so many good artists AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Screams of so much good forum content

writers losing :pain:

1 Like

Newspaper was supposed to be a trello recap with a few forum things that wouldn’t take too much time for me to include.

Hope i’m on the right track for a casual read for forumers now and then

@Inferno and @DubiousLittleTyp0 thanks for helping with the new logo, ur ideas were amazing
: D

i will get bob auburn part 5 on here
Mark. My. Words.

totally not a liar

1 Like

Hooray

Dangit im out of likes!

1 Like

Lol

You very much could! :+1:

stay up all night to give them asap
ez :sunglasses:

Does the new “Hide Details” inclusive format make it easier or harder to read effectively / Better looking?

I think so, but I would like feedback as well.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

it makes it easier because you can find the uhhh thingies without having to scroll as much and its much simpler

yeah
im shit at reviews ok

Still gets the point through! :nod: