What is your favourite game and why?

mine gotta be Super Mario Galaxy simply beacuse of how floaty you are, and the exploration of the Super Mario universe was really nice lol.

Knack 2

provably roblox
its a roblox game forum smh

Little Nightmares II

rn itā€™s roblox, but it used to be sea of thieves

Okay seriously, I really liked Hollow Knight, Celeste was good, Rocket League with friends is super fun.

Playing Red Alert 3 as a kid was awesome.

None of these games top Knack 2 but they ight I guess.

hollow knight yes

It would be Roblox, but Roblox isnā€™t a game so much as a game platform. Iā€™ve gotta go with Zelda BOTW.

Maaaaybe Kirbyā€™s Return to Dreamland?
I mean it kinda depends on what I feel like playing so Iā€™ll just base it off nostalgia

2 Likes

I honestly got none, though for the memorable, I say Lisa the Pointless, a good chunk of Roblox games, and TABS

Divinity original sin 2

I play a lot of games, but krunker my beloved

Terraria, the fact that itā€™s very mode friendly is amazing, plus the mechanics, weaponry and whatnot are very intriguing. Iā€™m currently near endgame for a melee playthrough on Calamity and itā€™s very fun to say the least, despite SCal and Yharon absolutely making it agonizing :sleeper:

Wait, yall actually have problems on SCAL and Yharon

• Summoner and Rogue players
1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP AAAAAAAAAAAAAA LISA HAS INVADED MY LIFE ENOUGH PLEASE

also on a side note: have you played hopeful and the ogs (painful and joyful) since pointless IS a fangame of painful
also if you havent play scholar of wilbur sin its a SUPER good mod to play while waiting for MU

God of War (the 2018 one) is easily the most well made game Iā€™ve ever played overall.

My top 3 and reasoning for each one. I will try to keep it as spoiler free as possible.

Also included if Iā€™ve beaten it or not.

Hollow Knight

Phenomenal game. And itā€™s only 15 bucks.

Thereā€™s so much to do in it, even AFTER youā€™ve beaten the game such as Speedrun/Boss rush (Pantheons)/Steel soul (basically hardcore mode. 1 life)/find all secrets/get all endings

Traversal and combat are simple to learn yet have a high skill ceiling. The soundtrack is good and the artstyle is charming. The game also ropes you in perfectly and doesnā€™t hold your hand for too long. There are multiple ways to progress and not one linear path. There are key moments that must happen for the story to though, but the way you get to them arenā€™t the same for everyone. Some areas are blocked off until you do XX but your progression is free for the most part.

It starts off easy but then progressively gets harder the deeper you delve. And if youā€™re adventurous enough youā€™ll find secrets nā€™stuff. Thereā€™s even this one section in the game (that I will not name bc spoilers) that is an absolute test of skill and it will drive you nuts.

This game also has a deep lore that you would never expect it to have.

If youā€™re into platformers, this one is a must play.

LoZ BOTW

Yep. Thatā€™s right.

Iā€™ve had this game for over a year and I still havenā€™t beaten it yet. But thatā€™s because thereā€™s so much to do! (and because of school, I recently picked it back up though)

There isnā€™t one ā€œcorrectā€ way to progress in BOTW because everyone has done something different in their playthrough. You can free the divine beasts in any order you choose and you donā€™t need the master sword (although I prefer you find it, make it easier on yourself lol).

The combat system is alright. Some people have become gods at it but not me, I just abuse slow-mo dodges and rushes when I can.

The gameā€™s open world is beautiful and so is the music (the guardian theme is anxiety incarnate). Your switch may drop some frames though. The shrine trials also test your mind, some of the shrines are so cryptic that I had to actually look them up to solve itā€¦but beating them without that kind of help is so rewarding and even made me feel smart lol.

If your into Open World Action Adventure and somewhat puzzle (bc shrines) then this one is for you. 60 bucks though so I advise you get it as a birthday/christmas gift.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Main reason this is here is because of nostalgia, and I no longer have this game. I have star allies though, but itā€™s ok. This was one of the first games I remember playing as a kid on my wii. I was with 2 other players, those other two players I will not name, but that multiplayer experience enhanced the game greatly for me.

Honorable Mentions

• Terraria
  • Minecraft
  • PVZ Garden Warefare 1 and 2
  • Arcane Adventures
  • Forza Motorsport 4/Need for speed most wanted + Many other racing games I used to play
1 Like

Genshin Impact. Reason: Yanfei

Out of jokes now.

My favourite game would be (donā€™t know if an entire franchise counts): The Gran Turismo franchise

Reason:

Gran Turismo has marked many memorable moments for me, be it childhood memories or recent memories (Yes, I still play the games). Because it was, in my opinion, the most memorable racing game franchise I had seen, and to this day, I still belive that it is the most iconic franchise, of racing videogames, and the most iconic Sony franchise.

You canā€™t tell me you donā€™t recognize this logo and then try to convince me you donā€™t know it: iconic logo of Gran Turismo

Itā€™s extremely easy to identify.

Now for a bit more in depth comments (prepare yourself for a massive wall of text):

My first Gran Turismo game was Gran Turismo 4, which is, to this day, one of, if not the best racing games ever made of itā€™s time, and from all time, and the best game in the franchise, also one of the best games the PS2 ever saw.

Every time I started up the game, I was greeted with this masterpiece of an introduction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZvg1pa1lYw

(not exactly the same version, I had the American version with Panama by Van Halen after the first part, which is up from the start until the race starts)

The game had it all for the time and year.

Career mode featuring car customization, testing, oil changes and modifications for better look and even spoilers for downforce, driver license tests to help you improve, challenging missions, and a variety of races and championship series.

Not to mention the massive car diversity.

GT4 had OVER 700 CARS. That is a lot for itā€™s time. However, itā€™s not only cars from those years, no no, you could find the first car ever made, the Benz-Patent Motorwagen, going through cars of the 50ā€™s, 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s, Group C and Group B cars, up to a fictional concepts of the 2000ā€™s including a 2022 Nike ONE concept.

Sure, there were a bunch of ā€˜ā€˜equalā€™ā€™ cars. By this I mean cars that are basically equal, but sold as a different car. Examples could be the 1997 Honda Civic Type R and the 1998 version. They are equal and you cannot tell me otherwise.

ā€˜ā€˜What about the tracks?ā€™ā€™ you may ask. Well, Iā€™ve got you covered.

51 tracks. Ranging from world-class circuits such as the NĆ¼rburgring, to fictional circuits original to the game, such as Autumn Ring (and itā€™s short variation) or High Speed Ring. It also featured city tracks (Monaco included) and even Rally tracks, not to mention that these were diverse: some featured asphalt, some dirt, some snow, and some mixed one with the other.

But weā€™re far from done.

The game featured various amusing functions.

Most memorable would be the Photo Booth. You could pick a real life location, a car, and then be able to take pictures with options such as changing car and camera positioning on a determined area, and also add filters.

You could take a picture, then when you saw it, youā€™d think if what you see is a real life picture.

Then thereā€™s Replay Theatre.

Replay mode allows you to see replays of your races you saved. You can check your best races, observe your driving, and even take pictures there.

ā€˜ā€˜And the music?ā€™ā€™

Memorable OST. Just that.

Iā€™ll even show you some of the music featured in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m96CnsXXDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_S2QGmGT7U&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwgO19nFx8

And thereā€™s more, but to not flood you Iā€™ll stop here.

The soundtrack was insanely memorable. It even featured classic pieces mixed with more modern songs for different purposes. You normally donā€™t find THAT variety in racing game music.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing out on a LOT though, but time to move on to my second (and current) Gran Turismo game: Gran Turismo SPORT.

I did play Gran Turismo 5 before it, but it wasnā€™t a game of mine, it was on a friendā€™s house waaay back before this pandemic thing started. So the next game is Gran Turismo SPORT, a more e-sports focused game, with less cars and tracks, but better gameplay quality and racing.

I was expecting Gran Turismo SPORT to become an even better game. In some ways, it was.

And again, I was greeted by another masterpiece of an opening, this time even better, especially the first half:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdceN21D78M&t

The game itself? Really good.

While the lack of content was a problem, the gameplay was solid.

ā€˜ā€˜How much lack of content are we talking about?ā€™ā€™

At launch, the game had 168 cars and 29 tracks. That was painfully low compared to what we had before. However, some constant support from the developers, Polyphony Digital, raised the count to 324 cars with 86 different track configurations. Yes, configurations. This meant less tracks, but the different layouts makes it 86 choices to pick from.

The game still had some of the soul of the franchise. Driving licenses were there, missions, and a new mode called ā€˜ā€˜Track Experienceā€™ā€™ to improve your ability at each circuit, sector by sector, which was a more than welcome addition.

The gameplay was insane. Racing felt really good, especially since the cars were no longer ā€˜ā€˜vacuum cleanersā€™ā€™. Gran Turismo was famed for itā€™s poor sounds prior to this game. It fell short in that aspect compared to games like Forza Motorsport.

However, now, you couldnā€™t feel you were racing a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

You felt you were racing a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFeMBobzm68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzR69YA_bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCH7UY5vnfo

The car sounds were a massive improvement.

It also featured microtransactions, for whatever reason. You may think they give advantages, but no, they do not give any advantage at all, in fact, they are useless for the most part.

Only big thing was the Lewis Hamilton DLC (yes, the recently crowned 7-time Formula 1 world champion has notable appearances in the game, and an entire DLC dedicated to him). It had a car that was unobtainable otherwise, but wasnā€™t anything impressive.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing a lot of details, but to make this short, Iā€™ll stop here. But Iā€™ll comment on the music, however. Itā€™s good.

For the rest of the games, they were quality content too. The new game of the franchise, Gran Turismo 7 was also announced not too long ago. However, as usual, the developers are silent and keep me (and all the GT community) waiting.

Itā€™s worth a try. You wonā€™t regret it.

(just take in mind itā€™s exclusive to PlayStation lol (you could use emulators for the older games though))

If you clicked ā€˜ā€˜Show Detailsā€™ā€™ and read the entire thing, thank you. I spent almost an hour writing this and finding information again and again. Iā€™ll make sure to check if any YouTube preview is not uploaded correctly and will instead hyperlink it to text. This is a post I decided to put a high amount of effort on, and thatā€™s what I did.

Sorry for taking up too much of your time. Youā€™re free to go now.

2 Likes

iā€™m only seeing this logo right now lol, also assuming the part about getting you to believe was hyperbole